Race Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 167 comments
Nope, the 2J is the hot ticket. The first 50 plus positions on the leaderboard are held by people driving the 2J.

The 2J just won't go away, anytime a race car is allowed it is the car of choice if you want to compete for a top spot.

I used the GT-R gt500 Stealth stock, perfect car for this track. So much fun to drive.

Mitch after the WRS TT, you should be all practiced up for this event.

So, after seeing my TS030 Hybrid '12 wasn't going to be the best car of choice, I went to my old standby, my trusty 2J. After about an hour of tuning, I'm down to 1'20.319 in 40th place atm.

@patrick19602005 Yea, logged a decent amount of miles in that event and all set to do it again, albeit in a different car. This track is quickly becoming one of my favorites, which makes this combo all the more enjoyable for me.

Well it looks like I have to get my 2J out of the garage for this one.

Yep. Even tho, the 3 gears are killing me, but the car is fast. Just watch for a good exit in turn one, turn two and on the 2nd sector, left hander!

Tthe track is amazing and don't for this car at all, but, will 2morroe try to beat 22....!

Yep. Even tho, the 3 gears are killing me, but the car is fast. Just watch for a good exit in turn one, turn two and on the 2nd sector, left hander!

Tthe track is amazing and don't for this car at all, but, will 2morroe try to beat 22....!
As you said this track is amazing :cheers:.

yeah tried the toaster tonight and managed to get a 1:20:28x something, still need to work on the setup...

I'm not a fan of the 2J either. But it gave me 1:24xxx on my first lap and 1:23xxx on my third. I know there's at least one second on the track with my current setup, but with serious tweaking I can break 1:20. Just gotta find some time.

I decided not to hop on the bandwagon of using the 2J and decided to use a Lexus IS-F Touring Car @ 596pp (no power upgrades). With some suspension tuning (stock configuration is awful) and a few tries, I managed a 1:29.8xx.

Managed a 1:21.1xx with the TS030, more time in it, but I cant get the throttle application right on a DS3. Just dropped the power down to 462HP and put the gears on 180MPH from my normal setup. Previously tried the HSV Base Model and the Audi R8 GT3, both ran around 1:28's.

lol.. well I'm not in the low 1:20's, but I golded this at 1:29.6xx with the Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10. Fun car on that track.

Relatively simple and boring track, should be suitable for tight battle, not for testing or hot lap.

I disagree. I think its a great track for hotlapping. Its just the right length and has a variety of different turns....tight corners with the need for great acceleration and medium speed corners that require the perfect line. This is will also serve as a great test track in my opinion for the previous reasons stated.

Relatively simple and boring track, should be suitable for tight battle, not for testing or hot lap.

I disagree. I think its a great track for hotlapping. Its just the right length and has a variety of different turns....tight corners with the need for great acceleration and medium speed corners that require the perfect line. This is will also serve as a great test track in my opinion for the previous reasons stated.

This discussion is a non-starter guys, not taking sides. :)

Its obvious by previous post content on other Seasonal threads...
...there are different expectations for these events like for other flogged GT6 horses. :crazy:

Really appreciate if you all take any future replies to PM regarding this topic. :D

-----------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, OP updated with some IRL onboard videos at Red Bull Ring. :)
Be advised, some are in German, so non-German speakers please enjoy the ride.

Removed to lighten Page 1 loading times due to multiple youtube embedded posts.

Last edited:

...there are different expectations for these events like for other flogged GT6 horses. :crazy:

Really appreciate if you all take any future replies to PM regarding this topic. :D

-----------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, OP updated with some IRL onboard videos at Red Bull Ring. :)
Be advised, some are in German, so non-German speakers please enjoy the ride.

What?? I can't reply to someone and state my disagreement and give my opinion??? Just wow. :rolleyes:

managed to get my 2j down to 1:19.672 for a provisional 26 if I remember correct, nice setup rajman and thanks for sharing, I've been working on the diff and gearbox to get a better feel for me other then that very nice

I think my PS3 in possessed! Stupid thing froze at the finish line on my best lap, second time this has happened to me. I can't download replay's either, today was the first time I have been on this track and I need a guide to figure these corners out.

On a good note, improved a little bit to 1:19.662 before the gremlins struck.

What?? I can't reply to someone and state my disagreement and give my opinion??? Just wow. :rolleyes:

So my request you quoted...
...has been re-constructed by you to mean cannot, or will not be allowed. :odd:

So please feel free to carry on here just as you usually do on other GTP threads. :sly:

Was only trying to keep the thread from possibly degenerating into another 🤬 fest. :)
Recall wading though walls of text lately trying to find posted tuning/track tips for other events.

Last edited:
Not condoning the behavior, but I felt the need to blow 2 million credits on a car I didn't need: the new toyota lmp. Dropped the power limiter to get me 600pp, 1st lap out was a 1:27.xxx. no tuning, stock suspension, diff, and tranny. I'm not a spectacular driver, I'd say 40th percentile or so, very easy gold on this one.

The legendary L-Shooter-RB26 had beaten all but one of the 2J users with a TS030 last time I checked, so I'd say the two cars are pretty evenly matched at 600PP. Personally I got gold with a Toyota 7 (56% power, big ballast :lol:) and came back with a TS030 for one lap to see what it could do.

i do agree its a great track but i wish i learned it a little more because i really cant do my best my wheel has broken it self but its still going n i know i should improve more with it broken so hope i can bet my time for a 1:18.5

wow! serious loading time on the first page with all the YT vids :eek: I wanted to give Rajman a 👍 but couldn't.

Back