Race serie Manager software

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 53 comments
Interesting! Looks like we took two completely different approaches, my file is based entirely on formulas while your seems to be based mainly on macros :)

Two bugs I noticed:
  • When I enter the race results in the form, it starts by assigning the correct scores (10 for first, etcs.) but as soon as I exit the form window, every value is multiplied by 16 in the current standings table, so first gets 160 points, etc.
  • If I create 5 events, but later on I want to change to 6, it seems like all the data is lost and I have to enter everything again. (Does the same thing happen if I want to add new drivers during the series?)

It wouldn't be GT without bugs! Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. I will take a look at your one later, I was busy trying to make mine work previously.

I can easily add an option to add a race or a driver to the series. I will put that my my task list.

The points bug I will look at. It was fine, but then I messed around with some related stuff and forgot to recheck it, I suspect it's a simple typo.

Version 1.01 1.02 is ready for download:

• Added an option to add bonuses and penalties. Add up to two types of bonuses and three types of penalties for drivers and teams. The bonuses and penalties are added to or subtracted from the total score of the driver and/or team.
  • Cleaned up the user interface and tweaked the graphics a bit.
  • Protected the workbook, so that no formulas are erased by mistake. The race result sheet is still unprotected though, because the function to add rows to the tables doesn't work if the sheets are protected. If you want to unlock the protected sheets, the password is: 9001
  • Edit: A small bug discovered, where two or more drivers with the same score were displayed incorrectly! I've already fixed it and it's now uploaded here as version 1.02.
1.01banner.jpg
Click on the image to download the Excel file
(it's actually 1.02 already, don't have an updated image yet)
This Excel file works using only formulas - no macros or VBA code is used.

It was made with Excel 2007 for Windows, but I believe it will work with later versions and Mac versions too.

Feedback is appreciated! If you can think of any feature that's missing, let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

setup.jpg results.jpg bonus.jpg championship.jpg

Attachments

• RaceManager 1.02.xlsx
    110.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

• Added an option to add bonuses and penalties. Add up to two types of bonuses and three types of penalties for drivers and teams. The bonuses and penalties are added to or subtracted from the total score of the driver and/or team.
  • Protected the workbook, so that no formulas are erased by mistake. The race result sheet is still unprotected though, because the function to add rows to the tables doesn't work if the sheets are protected. If you want to unlock the protected sheets, the password is: 9001
  • Edit: A small bug discovered, where two or more drivers with the same score were displayed incorrectly! I've already fixed it and it's now uploaded here as version 1.02.
View attachment 122536

It was made with Excel 2007 for Windows, but I believe it will work with later versions and Mac versions too.

Feedback is appreciated! If you can think of any feature that's missing, let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

View attachment 122563 View attachment 122562 View attachment 122560 View attachment 122561

Having used Excel, and functions such as tables, macro's, buttons and formula's for GT series for 3 years i'm looking into this 👍

They all work and look very good :cheers:. I was thinking of doing one a while back when I was in a race series on Forza 4, but never did. If there is the need for another one. I can write it, in either VB or HTML or Java (ideal for Android devices).

They all work and look very good :cheers:. I was thinking of doing one a while back when I was in a race series on Forza 4, but never did. If there is the need for another one. I can write it, in either VB or HTML or Java (ideal for Android devices).

If you're interested in setting up a proper app (mobile or web) for this, I would be happy to help. My first preference would be to actually have done something like this, but I didn't have time, so I went with Excel.

It doesn't look very good under Libreoffice Calc :(

Can you save it as regular xls (I will check if it makes it look better)

It doesn't look very good under Libreoffice Calc :(

Can you save it as regular xls (I will check if it makes it look better)

Well, basic Excel stuff works fine when using LibreOffice, but in this file I'm using some area references that are not compatible with LibreOffice (or with Excel 2003) so most cells just display an error code instead of any data.

I suppose I could try and stitch everything together for LibreOffice, but it's probably easier to just build a new version for LibreOffice from scratch. I may hame time for that later on this week.

The LibreOffice version will probably have a fixed amount of event rows though (in the Excel file you can just hit tab and a new row is added - I suspect that won't work in LibreOffice), so how many rows do you think are needed?

If you're interested in setting up a proper app (mobile or web) for this, I would be happy to help. My first preference would be to actually have done something like this, but I didn't have time, so I went with Excel.

I have the skills and the knowledge but not time. Plus I think a thing like this for Android would be great as most of the world uses Android on some kind of device and apps are easier to get on devices (side-loading) not like Apple where you have to get over some rather high fences to get your app on your on device for starters.

I can also do a web app in Adobe Dreamweaver then export it as a app for Android (saves time). Plus I can do it as program for Windows too with VB. I will draw up a few designs first from what the spreadsheets look like. Plus any help is welcome.

I have the skills and the knowledge but not time. Plus I think a thing like this for Android would be great as most of the world uses Android on some kind of device and apps are easier to get on devices (side-loading) not like Apple where you have to get over some rather high fences to get your app on your on device for starters.

I can also do a web app in Adobe Dreamweaver then export it as a app for Android (saves time). Plus I can do it as program for Windows too with VB. I will draw up a few designs first from what the spreadsheets look like. Plus any help is welcome.

Sounds like we are in the same boat. It doesn't help that I work in software development, although these days managing people, rather than writing code. Often the last thing I want to do after coming home from work is to sit in front of another computer!

Sounds like we are in the same boat. It doesn't help that I work in software development, although these days managing people, rather than writing code. Often the last thing I want to do after coming home from work is to sit in front of another computer!

Yep (I work in the mobile networks side of IT & plus I'm working on a side project my employer is involved with as well) And you nailed it there, a games console is the limit for me.

I did make a bit of software back in my days of playing Forza, called The PI Machine where it would calculate the performance index (PI) of a car that is not in the game, I had big plans for it but never took off due to the lack of free time, but it worked.

Just done some basic designs of the user interface. Any feedback or improvements are welcome.

Note: On the designs is some type of lines showing up within the squares , ignore them as I did this in Libre Office Draw and forgot to change the line colour.

View attachment 122536

View attachment 122563 View attachment 122562 View attachment 122560 View attachment 122561
this is great work
thank you for sharing
is it possible to had a section for qualifying points too as I am a big zero in seting that up
thank you again for sharing

This is exactly what I have/am building into my site. I already have teams (http://www.formula-digital.com/team.aspx?teamID=1) and now have leagues support (http://www.formula-digital.com/league.aspx?leagueID=11) with each league having championships (http://www.formula-digital.com/championship.aspx?id=11) and championships of course having races (http://www.formula-digital.com/race.aspx?raceID=25).

The site allows you to create a league, have as many championships in that league as needed, as many races as needed in each league and of course unlimited drivers. The site emails and alerts drivers of upcoming races they are registered for and will automatically output and track all results and championship standings which can then be embedded into external websites, not just published on formula-digital.com.

I am just looking for some leagues to work with. I have been holding off further development because I am really busy ATM and don't have the time to run a league myself.

this is great work
thank you for sharing
is it possible to had a section for qualifying points too as I am a big zero in seting that up
thank you again for sharing

Thanks for those kind words :)

Qualifying is possible to add, what kind of system do you have in mind? Only points for the pole position or points for everyone depending on Q position?

Thanks for those kind words :)

Qualifying is possible to add, what kind of system do you have in mind? Only points for the pole position or points for everyone depending on Q position?

its a 12 race season with points for the 3 best time

Latest Posts

Back