RALLY: Eiger Rallye 2012! By NGRRC (6 SPOTS LEFT) - JUNE 23 - 25

Thank you for the offer Mr Morten, but I have many rally cars, in fact, I believe have them all.

To be competitive I should choose a more modern car (Focus/C4), but my passion for rally lies in Group B, Group A and early WRC so I, like you, will probably choose the 99 WRC Impreza.

I have many fond memories(and photos) of watching (and smelling) that car scream through Forest of my native Wales. Piloted on that day by both McCrae brothers (1998) - it was the best looking car by far, especially in the Belgacom colours of Gregoire de Mevius:

108947-g-de-mevius-network-q-rally-1998.jpeg

Admitted, that car looks awesome, but I still prefer the classic WRC livery
normal_subaru_impreza_wrc_background_2000_SAN05.jpg

Well, speaking about summer holidays, would you prefer if I made the event during the summer holidays?
~ENDURANCEGUY

The event date doesn't really matter to me, as I don't really take holidays thoughout the summer. But the time of day is very important, so, pending the time of day:

Yes, I am quite excitedly 'in'. I will complete the entry form you sent me and return it shortly.

Time of year is of no consequence to me, time of day is very important. I can only make this happen in the mid - late evening.

I do think that the race format would benefit from some clarification just so we all know what is expected of us, if you would mind?

GTP rules = 335hp
NGR Rules = 325hp

Which is correct?

After the "Recce" (30 minute free run) and the Opening Ceremony, how exactly do we tackle each special stage? To focus my question I will break it down:

- How many cars will be on track at any time?
- Assuming we are on track one car at any time, When car 1 finishes SS1 (Eiger K section 1 - 4), does the competitor then cease competitive driving and;
- - Leave the track?
- - Finish the lap?
...or should the continue the full lap at race pace?
- to start SS2, SS3 etc, is this done at race pace (flying start?), or are we given a static starting point just before the sector time split?

I'm sure I will have more queries as the event gets closer, but if you need any help in thinking through a solution for any of the above I am quite eager to assist, PM me i you wish. (which means I get an email to notify me)

Thanks

Time of year is of no consequence to me, time of day is very important. I can only make this happen in the mid - late evening.

I do think that the race format would benefit from some clarification just so we all know what is expected of us, if you would mind?

GTP rules = 335hp
NGR Rules = 325hp

Which is correct?

After the "Recce" (30 minute free run) and the Opening Ceremony, how exactly do we tackle each special stage? To focus my question I will break it down:

- How many cars will be on track at any time?
- Assuming we are on track one car at any time, When car 1 finishes SS1 (Eiger K section 1 - 4), does the competitor then cease competitive driving and;
- - Leave the track?
- - Finish the lap?
...or should the continue the full lap at race pace?
- to start SS2, SS3 etc, is this done at race pace (flying start?), or are we given a static starting point just before the sector time split?

I'm sure I will have more queries as the event gets closer, but if you need any help in thinking through a solution for any of the above I am quite eager to assist, PM me i you wish. (which means I get an email to notify me)

Thanks

I have actually secretly changed the HP335, because I found out some rally cars (stock) when oil changed, the HP goes near 335HP. So, it's 335 HP.
For the actual rally, all drivers will line up at the start of the SS sector. I will tell when the first driver may start, then he does. Once he crosses the finish point, he will stop anywhere head of the finish of the SS. Once that happens, the next driver goes. The cycle repeats until there are no more drivers left. At that point, drivers will line up at the next start of the next SS, repeating the cycle again, and again, until it's finished. Hope I cleared up soe of the information!
~ENDURANCEGUY

Yes, perfectly.

How do you intend to capture the SS times?

I will use my POINT ZERO stopwatch to do that. If I had two of them, I could have at least 2 on the track, at least 10 seconds behind the other.
~ENDURANCEGUY

ENDURANCEGUY
I will use my POINT ZERO stopwatch to do that. If I had two of them, I could have at least 2 on the track, at least 10 seconds behind the other.
~ENDURANCEGUY

There is also the chance that we can use the race mode to time it, doing it the same way as you said just using the replays and checkpoints for timing

No, the timer on there s confusing and sometimes inaccurate. Also, I won't be able to time the second SS. Using the stopwatch is enough, or it'll be too complicated.
~ENDURANCEGUY

ENDURANCEGUY
No, the timer on there s confusing and sometimes inaccurate. Also, I won't be able to time the second SS. Using the stopwatch is enough, or it'll be too complicated.
~ENDURANCEGUY

I don't know, you do it the way you're most comfortable

rallymorten
You can't, the car must be a WRC/rally car from 1990 and onwards

Dunno if it counts but two of them did compete at Pike's Peak at one point.

I think I'd like to do this.

What is the date for the event?

I said it'll be around the 2nd of June, or a bit later.

Dunno if it counts but two of them did compete at Pike's Peak at one point.

IF it's a street version, it cannot compete.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP FOR THE RALLY, PLEASE PM ME!
~ENDURANCEGUY

Last edited:
I'm sorry but it looks like I'll have to withdraw from this :sad: don't have much time this coming weekend

Well, I've actually thought of re-scheduling the rally to the week after, to import some car divisions. The divisions are WRCC 2000, WRCC 1990, and GTRMRC. More information will be releasded later!
~ENDURANCEGUY

ENDURANCEGUY
Well, I've actually thought of re-scheduling the rally to the week after, to import some car divisions. The divisions are WRCC 2000, WRCC 1990, and GTRMRC. More information will be releasded later!
~ENDURANCEGUY

A week later should be fine if we could do it a little earlier Sunday (around 7 EDT start time would be perfect for me, the very latest I can that Sunday would be 10th am EDT)

Last edited:
A week later should be fine if we could do it a little earlier Sunday (around 7 EDT start time would be perfect for me, the very latest I can that Sunday would be 10th am EDT)

Sadly, I cannot make the Sunday event earlier. I have to go to church at that time. Especially in the morning, I don't hace time to get through all the drivers.
Although, I will make a Supe-Rally. So you mayretire on the first or second day, and return the next. BUT a 5 minute penalty will be made.
~ENDURANCEGUY

ENDURANCEGUY
Sadly, I cannot make the Sunday event earlier. I have to go to church at that time. Especially in the morning, I don't hace time to get through all the drivers.
Although, I will make a Supe-Rally. So you mayretire on the first or second day, and return the next. BUT a 5 minute penalty will be made.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Oh,well lets see what happens, looking forward to it anyway

The document has been updated. It is finally in its official release. The NGRRC has document, though it is in its early development.
WE ARE STILL OPEN FOR ENTRIES
~ENDURANCEGUY

Last edited:
Ok, I'll put that change soon. If you're competing in the NGRRC, you will need to use that car for the whole 2012 season, in the WRCC 1990 Division.
~ENDURANCEGUY

This may seem strange, but I think I'll join the rally. Although, I am STILL looking for pace car drivers!
~ENDURANCEGUY

Latest Posts

Back