Red Bull x2014 standard / Vettel Challenge ** now open**

• Thread starter will-i-am
  • 118 comments
Bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose, challenge.

One on One verses Sebby V... and he jumps the start - and he cuts the corners... Proper Race driver!

It takes a few miles to understand just how much grip you have got at certain speeds. But the steps from Red Bull Baby - Red bull Basic and Red Bull & Vodka is a vast improvement on GT5s in at the deep end.

I had another go at the Red Bull Basic events. and had a scream at Nurby Modern. I'm very weak into the Veedol Chicane and the lead AI dude would repass me for the lead here. We were pretty close for 2 and a bit laps - but the sheer speed of the car made it feel like if we did touch each other there would be an explosive collision that GT6's physics would send both of us into low earth orbit.

Pays rather well. Prize car colours are naff... But yes Sebby - it was fun.

You're not alone my good friend, I used AT too. Just couldn't be bothered with shifting in these cars. :crazy: I don't like them, don't drive them, and just wanted to get the events out of the way and be done with them. I really can't express enough just how much I despise these RB cars. :yuck:

Hey,

Yeah, the problem is that I don't play as often as I would like.
So the shifting isn't in my system anymore (used to use MT for a long time on GT4/5).
I'm actually wondering now why I switched back to the DS3. Guess it was the space and the lady that had issues with a rig in the livingroom hahaha!
I started the GT6 career with a DS3 and halfway decided to take out the wheel and finished the career using no aids and MT.
Now busy with the second run of the career, at IA with only a wheel....
Since I only have 5200km (3231 miles) left for the Autobahn trophy (and so platinum), I guess I have enough time to master the blind shifting again :)

Have a nice day!

Out

I couldn't even hear Sebs voice when he was lecturing me on the tracks because PD aren't very good at guest appearances.

Still, better than Jeff Gordon's cubed animated head in GT5. :lol:

The challenge itself was easy on the DS3, including the Seb battles. Just sit against the screen, have an energy drink and use automatic. My only problem was the AI blocking me on every lap, they all just huddle together in the corners and produce a slow wave of utter scrub in-front of me.

The artificial intelligence isn't intelligent...

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif

I couldn't even hear Sebs voice when he was lecturing me on the tracks because PD aren't very good at guest appearances.

Still, better than Jeff Gordon's cubed animated head in GT5. :lol:

The challenge itself was easy on the DS3, including the Seb battles. Just sit against the screen, have an energy drink and use automatic. My only problem was the AI blocking me on every lap, they all just huddle together in the corners and produce a slow wave of utter scrub in-front of me.

The artificial intelligence isn't intelligent...

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif
I didn't at all find gold difficult with manual, and without too many energy drinks, but the only difficulty was finishing without clipping the grass, or spinning out. I've got to say that the X2014 F is much more pleasant and easy to drive than X2011 or X2010, certainly.

Last edited:
I set up the DFGT expecting the standard races to be hard, and I hated the car. It appears that I have to fully lock the wheel to turn at low speeds, just like you would driving a bus. Went off at Fuji and crashed at Trial mountain. Going to do them with my beloved DS3 instead.

Only tried Monza against Vettel so far, and overtook him after the first lesmo in the first lap. 1:06.xxx, then I messed up in the 2nd lap badly but still managed 2:11.xxx

I set up the DFGT expecting the standard races to be hard, and I hated the car. It appears that I have to fully lock the wheel to turn at low speeds, just like you would driving a bus. Went off at Fuji and crashed at Trial mountain. Going to do them with my beloved DS3 instead.

Only tried Monza against Vettel so far, and overtook him after the first lesmo in the first lap. 1:06.xxx, then I messed up in the 2nd lap badly but still managed 2:11.xxx
The thing with the Standard X2014 is it reminded me of the Caparo T1.
If it ain't going fast enough, it'll understeer turning in and light up the rear tyres on the way out. Still a load of fun to drive though. ;)

Just golded all of the X2014 and Fan Car races. :lol:

Very satisfying to complete as I never touched the Redbull challenges in GT5.

Took a couple of goes to win the X2014 Championship.

Was almost ready to throw my wheel across the room during the Apricot Hill race because of the hairpin.:banghead:

In the end I changed the wheel settings on my DF-Pro to 200' and it made taking all the hair pins etc much easier.

Select+R3+Right Paddle to switch it to 200', and same again to turn it back to 900'.

I 🤬 hate Suzuka 🤬 whyyyyyyyyyy do I have to race this STUPID track UGH!!! I've got gold in everything else but this ding dang track in the Vettel challenge aaaargh .. I'm going to be stuck on silver forever I just know it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :irked:

just had to get that out.. yeesh :lol: besides the frustration of driving these hyper arcade cars with a DS3 I do enjoy the sound of em.
Maybe it's not the track but the car? Some car-track combos are just not meant to be.

I'm a fan of the standard but not the fan car (and the X2010/11/protoype) because they're ridiculous.

I had trouble with those standard races. Not used not not having the downforce... but I got 2nd overall, those 3 fan car ones though, good Lord. I beat the first after having to cry myself to sleep, but I just can't get Suzuka. The track is too tight. I can't do it. =[

YES YES YES YES

Gold @ 2:29:684

YES YES YES YES

Last edited:
Easily the best event(s) on GT6. The Red Bull challenges are fun to say the least and not a chore like it was in GT5. Took me over a month or so with a wheel to gold GT5 Red Bull events. Only took me a day with the GT6 one (with DS3). PD hit the nail on the head with this FINALLY.

I managed to pull a Grosjean first turn first lap in Fuji Speedway:
Fuji-Speedway-F_1p.jpg

Fuji-Speedway-Fp.jpg

I mis-judged the AI's braking point and rammed the yellow car, which then took out another grey car. Had no idea why that happened as usually I would be the one spinning out (no SRF). Though it felt good to return the favor to the grey car who rammed me in Trial Mountain. :D

Last edited:
I have to say that getting at least bronze in the Vettel challenges is waaaay easier compared to GT5 (used DS3), but nevertheless, it was still fun. The Vettel AI made a "silly" move on me on the final corner before the straights at Spa. It slowed down, almost to a halt causing me to slam into him and it did not speed up until I made an attempt to pass, and then he slams on the accelerator. Cheap move I say....

Every time I see the icon for this event I wonder why there aren't dozens of these for other classes all linked together... Or at least a few season long ones spanning many race weekends...

Thanks to a few members, I learned that turning ASM and TCS off with the ABS set to 10 with max steering sensitivity (For DS3) actually makes everything about the Standard & S. Vettel event a little easier.

*removes dust*

For who may be struggling with the T500RS, reducing the rotation to 270° makes the Red Bull 2014X Fan Car pretty nice to control now, at least you can steer & react as quick as necessary at such speeds. It helped me a lot to improve all my bronzes into gold within barely an hour. Just a regular driver, no alien ;-)

To change the wheel rotation settings on your wheel, simultaneously press (and release):
 “D-Pad Right” + “MODE button” to increase the angle of rotation by one step
 “D-Pad Left” + “MODE button” to decrease the angle of rotation by one step

5 possible settings
270° Flashes 1 time
360° Flashes 2 times
540° Flashes 3 times
900° Flashes 4 times
1080° Flashes 5 times
270° Flashes 1 time...

Actually, I start the challenge, and when in 3rd gear, go into Pause menu, pressed MODE and hold it, press D-PAD Right, release D-PAD, release MODE >>> see the MODE light flash once, and then resume the race.

NB. You have to repeat at every restart. Perhaps adjust x times if your default is not 1080 degrees.

This also helps with the last Senna challenge.

I finally got around to doing the Fan Car Challenge, and about 10 minutes in...

tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg

If it ain't the first chicane at Monza, it's the second chicane! And if it ain't the second chicane, it's that third turn before the second straight! And if it ain't third chicane, it's the.... GRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

...I kinda like this challenge, but HOLY 🤬 IS IT HARD!! (I won't lie, this is probably the first time I've rage quit GT6, even with some of the most ridiculous time trial events or the immature players online.)

Back