rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
Here are the spec's(off the top of my head),

2.8GHZ P4 with HT cpu
1024mb of ram
Nvidia 6600 with 256mb of ram

I can get more detail spec if you want to see them.

hmmm.

lfs=138mb you'd be able to run lfs at higher resolution and maybe with a little AA and AF. i'm not sure
rfactor= 688.9mb rfactor takes a bit more work to run well.

it costs nothing extra to play online. the rfactor "demo" is offlineplay only. the lfs "demo" allows you to play online.

Live For Speed is free to play online, it's a very very good game but offline there isn't enough to keep me coming back. I race offline far more than online, onmline LFS is probably the best racing game out there at all. RFactor has hundereds of downloads, I have about 200 different cars for it so far, that's different cars not the same car with different teams and liveries.

But I'm on dialup, could I still race online? If not I think I might just stay with rFactor.

Best off with rFactor, LFS doesnt have hundreds of amazing mods;)

And the rFactor physics are good:P

If we wanted physics as close to reality as possible, im sure we would just drive a real car..

The problem with Live for speed is you only get what the developers let you get, the game isn't open to the mod community at all and it's very limited in cars and tracks. Yes the physics are better than RFactors, but RFactors are still much better than other supposed "sims" such as GT4 and Forza. RFactor just has so much diversity now, there's so much for you to do from Lawnmower racing to the 900bhp+ Pikes peak cars, there's even a truck racing mod in the works, racing lorry cabs. Theres nothing quite like a 50+ car grid racing at the Nordschleife starting the race at day and finishing it at night. If RFactors physics were as far from LFS's as say GT4's were I'd completley agree to go with LFS, but since they arn't and online racing is out of the question, RFactor just offers more imo.

Gabkicks, your too much of a fanboy to think of anything other than LFS, something genuinely better could come out and you would still say LFS is the best.:P

As L4S said, rFactor may not have the better physics of the 2, btu has the best of the rest, as well as around about 110 times more variety, action and fun than LFS.

And no i dont own a GT class car with 500bhp or an F1 car, but neither do you;) So how do you know the physics are realistic in the first place.

I chose rfactor over LFS, a) because its more FUN! b) because it has more VARIETY. 2 things LFS lack for me, the 3rd thing is LONGETIVITY. LFS suffers from that reptitiveness thing, theres only so much you can do with whats in the game, rFactor is expandable.

Live4speed, i find it funny how your arguing against live for speed and yet your username implies live 4 speed:D..I know its nothing to do with LFS though its just funny.

i could understand choosing rfactor over lfs for offline play. the ai are better in rfactor. but i wonder how well rfactor will run on his pc. I am not a fanboy... i just have high standards when it comes to physics... Real life+ LFS ruined gt4 for me :(

if i hated rfactor so much, why would i post so much stuff showing off the graphics and videos :P

rFactor has a JGTC mod that is already close to being finnished

wow... well over a year and the mod's still not out

i could understand choosing rfactor over lfs for offline play. the ai are better in rfactor. but i wonder how well rfactor will run on his pc. I am not a fanboy... i just have high standards when it comes to physics... Real life+ LFS ruined gt4 for me :(

if i hated rfactor so much, why would i post so much stuff showing off the graphics and videos :P

wow... well over a year and the mod's still not out

Yeah i was looking forward to the JGTC mod, some people just cant finish jobs..laziness or what, you decide:P

I can see why you, and others have high standards for physics, but i aim more for fun, plus i cant really do the whole online thing (crap and unreliable net) so for me its all about the offline play and fun.

I know where your coming from, like I said, if only LFS was opened up to the modding community, we wouldn't need countless new "sims" popping up all the time.

And, do you own something like this?

(this discussion goes in both ways :) )

i dont think you understood me. i assumed ashley did. i was saying that the reason some people play lfs is because they dont own those cars IRL and want a realistic racing experience. its a great experience to have a fight against another driver when you know almost every inch of a track and battle skills come into play. some people are very very good at hotlapping, but not good at fighting off people or passing... i'm sure people who's played alot of rfactor feel the same way... but i feel like i'm more connected to the car in LFS than in rfactor. plus, sometimes sometimes in rfactor, i will feel things, or the car will react in certain ways that are just strange...

All of this because I asked a few questions, I love GTplanet:).

Gabkicks
but i wonder how well rfactor will run on his pc.

I put the settings on the highest settings with a 10 car field(demo remember)
and I had not problems that I could see. So it should work well enough:).

live4speed
Live For Speed is free to play online, it's a very very good game but offline there isn't enough to keep me coming back. I race offline far more than online, online LFS is probably the best racing game out there at all. RFactor has hundereds of downloads, I have about 200 different cars for it so far, that's different cars not the same car with different teams and liveries.

Well that tell me alot, because I'm the same way. I can't really play online because
I'm on dialup, so rFactor will workout better for me.

Ashley
Yeah i was looking forward to the JGTC mod, some people just cant finish jobs..laziness or what, you decide:P

I pick lazeness:D.

live4speed
Yes the physics are better than RFactors, but RFactors are still much better than other supposed "sims" such as GT4 and Forza. RFactor just has so much diversity now, there's so much for you to do from Lawnmower racing to the 900bhp+ Pikes peak cars, there's even a truck racing mod in the works, racing lorry cabs.

I have found playing the demo that it is more fun than GT4, but so far for me
I don't think it's better than Forza on the fun side. And that one more reson to
buy it, all of the cars and tracks you can get for the game. Reminds me of Need For Speed
High Stakes, they just keep making cars and tracks for it. And it was made in 1998:scared:.

Ashley
If we wanted physics as close to reality as possible, im sure we would just drive a real car..

:lol:, your right about that:).

If I download the whole game as my christmas gift to myself and start playing I will probably be getting a wheel for this dang thing! :lol: --- Randy

But wheres the fun in that?:P Its not like we can see the tyre deformation and stuff.

Unless of course you zoom in and go slow mo..

Ok that video is impressive but rFactor still has tyre wear..:D

the cars just react and respond more realisticly in LFS. and you cant get your tires dirty in rfactor, can you? once you go off the track and back onto the track, the tires are immediatdly clean, arent they?

I think to a small extent you lose grip but it comes back fairly quickly, plus the dirty and clean lines are easily distinguishable in terms of grip from what I remember.

hey how do you enable the 2Step/launch control on rFactor?

My buddy has modified his car to have every mod and says that when he presses the button for the 2step it says "car is not equipped with launch control" how do you get it? or how do you enable it?

If you can please answer back to me asap I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!👍

Some cars just don't have it and never have it. It's the same with the pit limiter, some cars don't have one so you have to keep to the pit speed yourself.

It depends on if the modder has added that feature, most cars irl don't have it, so most cars in the game from what I've driven don't have it. There's some mods that do but it's just a case of you finding out for yourself. I have a couple of hundered cars and I'm not going to drive them all just to find out, I don't tend to use launch control anyway. Probably should if the car has it.

Well, i been practicing constantly with the Escudo on pikes peak and i have got my time down from 10'45.xxx to 9'27.xxx, this video is a 9'35.xxx but i upped the framerate to make it small enough for youtube, so the video is only 8 and a half minutes. No sound as usual with me..

Just done a 9'03.xxx in the 405!:D

You can download it from R Central, I think that's the site. Do a google search for it, the mod is called the HRC mod, and the Pikes peak mod is an addon to the HRC mod.

If you guys don't already have it, get the TVR F1 Challenge mod. Available here: http://rtracker.org/racing-simulator.php?id=674

TVR Tuscan racing in F1 livery cars, makes for some great racing. I just took these around the Snetterton circuit and much fun was had. Little screenshot for you. Williams livered cars:

WilliamsTVRduel.jpg

I've fallen in love with this mod. I hope more F1 liveries are made for it.

Back