RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
Belgium
Zemst
Fryto1983
ride-game-announced_v2.jpg

Looks like Milestone has just re-invented Tourist Trophy :D
This will be so awesome if it turns out to be as good as it sounds!

https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Milestone-announces-new-RIDE-bike-racing-IP-for-Spring-2015

Knowing Milestone, the visuals will probably let some people down. But physics wise it should be great, more towards the simulation side I suppose.

VXR
Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! Sweet!

Yes, I'm very excited. If it has a photomode then it's a day one for me. Best of all, it might twist Polyphony's arm into making TT2.

Sweet!
Their previous titles have had photomode, so there should be no reason why this won't. Doubt it'll affect PD though - they do their own thing.

Wow, it is like a new Tourist Trophy! And it will be available for XB360! Awesome news! :)

Damn you beat me to it.Hopefully it becomes one of the greats too.I may get a PS4 if the game looks, sounds and handles awesome aswell.Just a tip needs more tracks.My only gripe about the game.It may have more later in development, i don't know.But sounds like milestone are onto a winner.P.s life long bike fan.

These tracks need to be in it :

Assen
Bol d'or circuit
Imola
All Irish road races including Cookstown 100
IOM TT
Australian TT
Brooklands track
Goodwood FOS circuiit too.

Amongst other tracks aswell.

Last edited:
Just stumbled across this fantastic news through Milestones twitter feed. This really excites me as a massive fan of Tourist Trophy.

VXR
Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! Sweet!

Yes, I'm very excited. If it has a photomode then it's a day one for me. Best of all, it might twist Polyphony's arm into making TT2.

Sweet!
Both the WRC and the MotoGP series had a photomode - as well MXGP. I sincerely doubt that they would drop the feature for RIDE.

:)

If you guys are not following it on facebook, follow it on that.As more news will be coming in the next few days.Just type "Ride" in the search box on FB.

If you guys are not following it on facebook, follow it on that.As more news will be coming in the next few days.Just type "Ride" in the search box on FB.

Do you have a direct URL to that FB page? I can't find it through the search box...

Good news. Hope it will be a proper bike game.
With the little information available it looks promising.

Damn you beat me to it.Hopefully it becomes one of the greats too.I may get a PS4 if the game looks, sounds and handles awesome aswell.Just a tip needs more tracks.My only gripe about the game.It may have more later in development, i don't know.But sounds like milestone are onto a winner.P.s life long bike fan.

These tracks need to be in it :

Assen
Bol d'or circuit
Imola
All Irish road races including Cookstown 100
IOM TT
Australian TT
Brooklands track
Goodwood FOS circuiit too.

Amongst other tracks aswell.

The amount of tracks is pretty low indeed. But if the country tracks are longer than the average point to point track in other games, that makes up for that a bit. I can already predict that tearing up these country tracks with a powerful naked bike will be my favorite part of this game :D

I'd assume that the circuits will be the ones they were able to extend their license beyond the SBK and MotoGP franchises.
For the city tracks, I'm wondering if these will be of the likes of real life city tracks like Monaco or Macau, or if they designed them themselves.

I have no idea about the city tracks but we shall see, when the next lot of news comes along.I hope they've put something like the Cat & Fiddle road in there in the country road section.

Here's hoping classic 80s two strokes get a bit of love. Looking forward to seeing what the livery catalogue offers, too.

VXR
Here's hoping classic 80s two strokes get a bit of love. Looking forward to seeing what the livery catalogue offers, too.

Yeah I really hope they throw some nice two stroke bikes in there. Like RS250 (Honda/Aprilia), Suzuki RGV500, Kawasaki TZ750.. I would like a cool café racer too. After reading we have to choose between 100+ models I did get a bit excited :D

I'm glad with modification options :bowdown: I love personalizing things. And also because stock bikes usually have hideous license plate holders. :P

What I would like to know is those modifications, if they are from real manufacturers. Surely everybody appreciates Akrapovic, Termignoni, Yoshimura etc..

Look at the games modes:
The World Tour is more than a simple sequence of events. Accept the challenge and reach for the ultimate goal: take your rider all the way to the top of the international rankings.
Single race: Up to 16 riders in a single race, on one track and in one class.
Championship: Up to 16 riders compete in an event with 3 or more races.
Time Trial: Give it your best shot! Try to beat the record on each track.
Track Day Challenge: Overtake as many rivals as you can before the time runs out.
Drag Race: Select the right setup, change gears at just the right moment, and reach the end of the straight in the lowest time possible.
Endurance: Two riders take turns riding the same bike along the same long route: who will be the fastest?

Drag race so cool :D Raises the question, would you be able to stretch the bike? :gtpflag:

And it better include a cool mountain road!!!

Aaaaaaand, will there be supermotos? :confused: I love supermotos...

Last edited:
If this is even half decent I'll get it, it's been a while since I've played a motorbike game that isn't based solely on MotoGP or WSBK.

It's good to see that a developer has the guts to create a game that is serving a somewhat niche market.
Unfortunately not much information as of yet to get hyped, but I'm certainly going to follow this game.

I'll tell you what could be good for this game, if they include as DLC sidecar racing.Some of them that went around the IOM TT had NSR500 engines in them, now that could be fun.PS they are about to release the manufacturers list soon aswell.

According to their official FB page, there should be more info coming today, when they talk about the development of the game.

According to their official FB page, there should be more info coming today, when they talk about the development of the game.
Just hope it's in english this time around.

Also, they posted some interesting info on saturday on their Facebook page:
Did you know that #RideVideogame has up to 15 different locations where each track have up to three different paths?

Name a location you'd like to see in-game!
Crossing my fingers for IOMTT and Macau but won't be holding my breath.

10687489_1499559390313807_6089241410124497759_o.jpg

I actually quite like the look of this game if this turns out to all be true. 100+ may not sound like much, but it is still a decently sizable list. I'd be happy with it personally, and the appearance options sound quite cool. I like the way they say they're going.

I'm wondering if the banners on their press reveal event represented actual track locations, or if they were just there meaning nothing...

10665168_656718054427600_9092794419234903170_n.jpg

I'd assume so, or at least track(s) inspired by the location. Sort of like El Capitan in Tourist Trophy.

Can't make a motorcycle riding game without a nice scenic route through the mountains.
Brings back memories of the riding trip to the Eiffel area in Germany, ok not really a mountainous area, but for someone from the north of The Netherlands every hill higher than 10 meters is a mountain. :lol:

Back