RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
If you guys will have me again, I'll throw my hat in as a tester.

I will though admit at this point that Elises + me (usually) = backwards.

Yup, welcome aboard…again. And don't worry, Elises + me (always) = backwards.

Yes well, hopefully we'll get a couple of Germans and maybe a couple of TVRs (?) to have a bash with..

Germans, yes, I can guarantee that, shame is that a good friend of mine on GTP has a car that fits under all these regulations, very well tuned, but he left for Uni yesterday :( And to make things hurt even more, he left me with that very car :( :( :( :( :lol: I'm a sentimental little boi :D

Hey Onboy sluffing on the job already I see.:sly:
Praiano and myself need to be added as tuners...:D

Oh and Dylan bit late I know but you might think of splitting things into groups...have say 2 weight classes, also might run tuners in groups to make things a bit easier on the testers, say first group of 5 or 10 tunes becomes group 1 for the testers, next bunch is group 2 etc. That way you might get a few more drivers to complete tests on a group of cars. I probably lost several drivers in the FF shootout because of the sheer number of cars that needed tested all at once. You might not get all the same drivers for every group but you might get a few more total drivers. Just a thought.

Glad to see you join!

How come I don't get any welcomes :( And by the way, you've got competition in your car reviewing section, I've put my other race report idea aside and decided to do a collaboration. Like you did :D

How come I don't get any welcomes :( And by the way, you've got competition in your car reviewing section, I've put my other race report idea aside and decided to do a collaboration. Like you did :D

Go Onboy! You tell them who's boss boi.:crazy::lol:

Oh and welcome to the euro madness.:D

Meh onboy I wont review cars much... to busy tuning, preparing this, writing a race report and reviewing software :)

Lol what part of this do you need to prepare? I'm organising all the bits and pieces of it. Reviewing software? Well, you don't need to copy my style of one review a day. (my old habit I've been nurturing since I joined) Race report? Fair enough, I guess. But I think I'm right in saying that you must be the busiest person on GTP this side of being a Mod!

Lol what part of this do you need to prepare? I'm organising all the bits and pieces of it. Reviewing software? Well, you don't need to copy my style of one review a day. (my old habit I've been nurturing since I joined) Race report? Fair enough, I guess. But I think I'm right in saying that you must be the busiest person on GTP this side of being a Mod!

uMadson wants me to review angry birds... and onboy those images dont edit themselves... And about the busy thing dont know if I should take that as a complement or as an insult..!

uMadson wants me to review angry birds... and onboy those images dont edit themselves... And about the busy thing dont know if I should take that as a complement or as an insult..!

Fine, fine, fine. So, list of jobs for Dylan:
Tune
Write story
Review software
Run a gallery
Make banners
Review cars on occasion

List of jobs for moderator: (that I can think of, Moderator used in this example is SlipZtrEm)
Moderate (Duhh)
Do moderator stuff
Run the photomode competition (in SlipZtrEm's case)
Run a gallery (again, in SlipZtrEm's case)
Do more moderator stuff

So, it's 6:4/5, so you are busier than a moderator! :lol: :D :D You should be pleased :D

Fine, fine, fine. So, list of jobs for Dylan:
Tune
Write story
Review software
Run a gallery
Make banners
Review cars on occasion

List of jobs for moderator: (that I can think of, Moderator used in this example is SlipZtrEm)
Moderate (Duhh)
Do moderator stuff
Run the photomode competition (in SlipZtrEm's case)
Run a gallery (again, in SlipZtrEm's case)
Do more moderator stuff

So, it's 6:4/5, so you are busier than a moderator! :lol: :D :D You should be pleased :D

Heh, can I add some things?

Write story (occasionally - usually for my magazine gallery updates, like this)
Run a gallery (with the addition of the odd Hall of Fame or Gallery Directory update with the CPG Directors account)
Make banners (all of the official Photomode Competition banners are my design, the other hosts have picked their own unique colours, however).
Review cars on occasion (so far just one for MFT, though there's something fairly interesting being worked on there...)

:P

I'd suggest keeping the borders all the same colour Dylan, just to make the matching text easier to read. Or just change the text to one blanket hue :)

I think I may take part in this, possibly as a tuner but more likely as a driver - 525 is a very nice number, and Laguna's one of my favourite tracks, so it's right up my alley!

Run a gallery (with the addition of the odd Hall of Fame or Gallery Directory update with the CPG Directors account)
Make banners (all of the official Photomode Competition banners are my design, the other hosts have picked their own unique colours, however).
Review cars on occasion (so far just one for MFT, though there's something fairly interesting being worked on there...)

I'd suggest keeping the borders all the same colour Dylan, just to make the matching text easier to read. Or just change the text to one blanket hue :)

I think I may take part in this, possibly as a tuner but more likely as a driver - 525 is a very nice number, and Laguna's one of my favourite tracks, so it's right up my alley!

Oohh, a mod has spoken to me, and it isn't for telling me off, how should I reply? :eek: :nervous: :lol: um…ok…um………Welcome, SlipZtrEm, I hope you enjoy this little shootout.

Was that formal enough? :scared:

I didn't see a curtsey... ;)

Ahoy Onboy, I just thought I'd add to the list - and I'm not even one of the busiest moderators around here!

Despite the relative heft of it, I'm really itching to take my quasi M3 GTS around the track. Especially as this is limited to SS tires...

Ahoy Onboy, I just thought I'd add to the list - and I'm not even one of the busiest moderators around here!

Despite the relative heft of it, I'm really itching to take my quasi M3 GTS around the track. Especially as this is limited to SS tires...

Ok… :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, there, should be formal enough now…

Ok…so…I'll add you to the list as a tester/tuner/big important person taking part, and…get back to doing…something else.

We'll be glad to have you as part of this shootout as either a tuner or driver.

I've been talking with Dylan and a few others and have a question for you and the other moderators. How can we go about getting a contest sub forum set up since several of us are looking to make these types of events a fairly regular thing? It would be great to have a sub forum here in the tuning forum where such events could be held and easily accessed, leaving the main forum free for tuning questions and the garages/tuning threads.

Whats with everyone and M3 GTS replicas I just made one yesterday too :dunce: (It's not the car im using though) ... Hi SlipZtrEm hope you dont mind me using your Photomode competition design... Jordan didn't have a problem with it also I was allowed to use the GTP Globe too! It looks nice with some colour :D

I wouldn't say that im too busy here on GTP to be honest! Compared to others...

Is the Elise gonna be the Dominator here, like the Trial Celica was in another Shootout?

Will it be about finding something that can keep up with the Elise?

Points to ponder.

Is the Elise gonna be the Dominator here, like the Trial Celica was in another Shootout?

Will it be about finding something that can keep up with the Elise?

Points to ponder.

praiano found something faster... and I think I did too...

o man. Be a tuner and enter one of your cars. I get so many warning and infractions from you. I must beat you.

praiano found something faster... and I think I did too...

Still doing my usual testing...but I think I'll be able to find something unusual but competitive.
Actual ran a slightly modified Kermit around laguna seca in a comparable time to a lot of the cars I've tested so far...if I hadn't had so much help refining Mjölnir I might be tempted to unleash the hammer on everyone.:crazy::D

Still doing my usual testing...but I think I'll be able to find something unusual but competitive.
Actual ran a slightly modified Kermit around laguna seca in a comparable time to a lot of the cars I've tested so far...if I hadn't had so much help refining Mjölnir I might be tempted to unleash the hammer on everyone.:crazy::D

Can we please avoid FFs?

Can we please avoid FFs?

Ever think maybe I just like torturing you?:lol:

Besides despite everyone's complaints I think they've proven to be fast and competitive when done right.

Oh and Onboy I may have a Beetle RSI tune for you to try out later today/tonight. Can't use it here because its a bit low on the PP but its a blast to drive.:D

Just as I was starting to get bored of GT5 you bring this out and know I'm all excited again :D. First car I thought of tuning for this was the HPA R32 Golf, I thought no one else would think of it but I've just read some posts and its already been mentioned a few times, will have to test out some cars but I'm sure I will be choosing a AWD too. (If only you could do drive-train swaps on this game these comps would be so more interesting).

Anyway you can count me in Dylan, and good luck to everyone else.

Ok, but I'm very busy tomorrow, so it'll be done very quickly. (health checkup, french, 'soccerball' match)

Any tuners think they will be tuning in an online lobby/lounge? I think it would be cool if some of us tuners were tuning on the same track together to see how we progress.

Not trying to steal car ideas or anything.

Any tuners think they will be tuning in an online lobby/lounge? I think it would be cool if some of us tuners were tuning on the same track together to see how we progress.

Not trying to steal car ideas or anything.

I might be interested Jack if you want to host tell me when and where. Can't guarantee my connection will hold up but willing to try at least.:cool:

Back