SCC Old Timer Event - 1970 Ferrari 512S - Sun, Jan 03rd - 20:00 GMT * Event Complete*

• Thread starter jjaisli
  • 133 comments
It was probably thoughtlessness on my part but also not being that familiar with the braking points (I usually have the braking zone switched on). Although I'm not sure I remember the incident, I'm glad I waited on you.

Always have the same problem,regarding the rest no worrys it's not the careless moves we all make in the excitement and thrill of racing venues( me in particullary) that bother me...but those who show a total disregard towards other fellow racers...

Thanks Firedshot. 👍 I think Arvore was 10th. I'm just missing 6th. Who am I missing? Stoner? Or did he quit/DSQ?

It's been a busy week and I haven't really had the time to edit much video. I know I won't be able to show the whole race(s) as I had a lot of 'black' footage. My camera is clearly dying and whatever video I get from it I try to add some color saturation because the colors come out all faded to the point that the video looks in B&W. As soon as I can get to the rest, I'll put it up.

Here's the first 10 minutes of Riviera with my comments below>

[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XX3Eef8ieY8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XX3Eef8ieY8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]

- The start was the usual chaos, made particularly difficult with this car because the moment you go a bit off line (to make room) and touch the curbs you start bouncing.

- 0:49~0:54 Three wide going up the hill is...:scared::crazy::ouch::grumpy: :lol:

- 1:42 This is the first of the 'screen freezes' I was complaining about. Everything just froze as if the game and PS3 froze on me and then 1/2 second later it starts to move again. It happened throughout the entire race and resulted in a lot of banging on my part. (Although I have to say, some of that banging was simply poor driving on my part. LOL! And I better make that disclaimer BEFORE I post any more video).

- 2:17 - Bullie77 spins/is spun backwards.

- 2:19 - Freeze again. Sorry about that. :scared:

- 3:45 - A brilliantly executed pass on SimcoeAce is ruined by the screen stutter at 3:45! :ouch::grumpy:

- 4:19 - A stutter puts me of on my braking point but a quick recovery spin has me back again. 👍 :lol:

- 4:34 - I think this was just a glitch in the camera when uploading. ?

- 4:44 - I'm not sure what happened but a car hit me from behind (sideways) and the entire world goes past. :crazy::grumpy:

- 6:01~6:07 - Some stuttering at the wrong place makes passing dodgy.

- 7:34 - :scared: Yowza. You see so much smoke, when there finally IS a car in the middle of it, it kind of surprises you.

- 9:07 - Somehow this stutter didn't effect me that much.

I'm not sure how much more I'll be able to pull. I know the race finally ended (for me) as I turned to go up the hill on the final lap and the screen and PS3 just froze. I wonder if these small stutters were a prelude of what was to come. Did anybody else have this problem? I'm wondering if it's a local issue on my PS3. At any rate, I'm sorry this was such a mess.

I think we have almost all of the results from this race:

1. AlanG
2. ChilledAnt
3. Firedshot
4. Turner_042
5. New_Soul
7. Shaggy_Alonso
8. SimcoeAce (Biggles)
9. jjaisli
10. Arvore
11. Drivatar
12. eddietrout
13. Bullie77
14. Snazy20

Can anybody please let me know if this is incorrect and let me know if anybody knows who finished 6th. And then I'll just post results accordingly.

Jeff, i think frank was the player behind me when your ps3 froze on us...:yuck: but nobody better then himself to confirm it....

[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XX3Eef8ieY8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XX3Eef8ieY8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]

- 0:49~0:54 Three wide going up the hill is...:scared::crazy::ouch::grumpy: :lol:

I remember this part and I was doing my upmost to give you room up the hill but as you can see from the video, it's as if my car is knocking you again and again till you whack up against the armco. I looked back and saw you had taken a knock but if you had it was due to bad collision detection as opposed to my driving and that's why I drove on at this point.

2:17 - Bullie77 spins/is spun backwards.

After watching that several times, it has to be said that it wasn't me who caused Bullie's spin. If anything, it looks like it may have been Turner, but it's still hard to tell. I was surprised initially when Bullie said I spun him out because I had no recollection of ever making contact with him.

I think we have almost all of the results from this race:

Can anybody please let me know if this is incorrect and let me know if anybody knows who finished 6th. And then I'll just post results accordingly.

Well, I seem to remember being behind New Soul with Biggles then behind me. I reckon whoever was in 6th got d/c and we all moved up a place. I could be wrong but that seems the most likely explanation.

Poor Jeff with all the screen freezes! I can now see from watching that vid that your chances of finishing highly were pretty slim with that problem occuring all the time. Well done again with the event, the vid's make great viewing afterwards 👍

- 4:44 - I'm not sure what happened but a car hit me from behind (sideways) and the entire world goes past.

I remember particullary that moment,i was going downhill behind you and another car-sincerely don't know whose car was that-bashed me from behind full throtle and spun me in the process i smash completly out of control into your car...:crazy::scared:👎

put me down for 12th place although i did have a coming together with drivatar down the back strait that spun me out. although i was driving with in car view and had all my hud except map turned off i knew he was close but not where abouts. i was getting squeezed in the tighter left right section and contact was made and i span out. was just a little careless on his part i feel.

Sorry, I can't remember this situation. If it happened that way I must apologize to you. Was it just before jjaisli's PS3 crashed because I thought I finished 12th but I'm not sure?

After watching that several times, it has to be said that it wasn't me who caused Bullie's spin. If anything, it looks like it may have been Turner, but it's still hard to tell. I was surprised initially when Bullie said I spun him out because I had no recollection of ever making contact with him.

If it wasn't you then I apologize for claiming it. The reason I was truly convinced of it was because coming out of that right turn I started feeling several consecutive bumps on my back, pushing the way to get through, actually THROUGH the car. At the time I looked to the HUD at the right and it was your name who appeared as the driver immediately behind me. So, logical conclusion was that it was you who were hitting my rear, which ultimately, one of the hits cause me turn left against the wall.

Honestly I didn't had then the perception that behind/next to you there was another car (Turner in this case), and by the video I can't honestly say who in fact was responsible for that final hit that cause me to spin.

👍

Edit: I've watched the video again a couple of times. Merely from the video, the idea one get is that I run wide on that right turn hit wall on the right side, and then Turner hit me and I spin. There's no image of either Turner's or Shaggy's car tapping me in the rear before this.

However, from my side (POV), I did in fact get tapped several times, which caused the spin.

I guess we could blame it to lag.

Last edited:
I remember this part and I was doing my upmost to give you room up the hill but as you can see from the video, it's as if my car is knocking you again and again till you whack up against the armco. I looked back and saw you had taken a knock but if you had it was due to bad collision detection as opposed to my driving and that's why I drove on at this point.

No worries. It's always chaotic at the start and I think the problem was that we were three wide there. And it was just hard racing. 👍

Poor Jeff with all the screen freezes! I can now see from watching that vid that your chances of finishing highly were pretty slim with that problem occuring all the time. Well done again with the event, the vid's make great viewing afterwards 👍

It's exactly like it was the first time we raced together at Montreal and Mont-Tremblant in the DB9R. Odd. And I had this same problem at the end of the 250 GTO race at Mont Tremblant. I had one of those freezes right on the big right hander. :grumpy: I think I remember Frawe also saying that the was expericing the same thing at that track during that race. Although this race was the worst I've ever seen it. It just kept happening again and again. I'd like to report it as a problem but it's so isolated. And after I restarted I didn't have it anymore at Spa.

- 4:44 - I'm not sure what happened but a car hit me from behind (sideways) and the entire world goes past.

I remember particullary that moment,i was going downhill behind you and another car-sincerely don't know whose car was that-bashed me from behind full throtle and spun me in the process i smash completly out of control into your car...:crazy::scared:👎

It's kind of ridiculous. I can't imagine how anybody could have hit you hard enough to knock your car forward like that. (Assuming it's you) you can see a car flying toward me in my rear view mirror. A bit of screwy physics there. If it was at the end of a straight it would make sense. Oh well. Anyway, it's not your fault. I was just angry that I was stuck in a stupid spot and had to wait for everybody. To make matters worse, later in the race, I think around lap 12-15, I spun again (totally my fault) and put myself in a similar position around corner 2-3 and AGAIN had to wait for everybody to go by. :lol: This sure wasn't my race.

Sorry, I can't remember this situation. If it happened that way I must apologize to you. Was it just before jjaisli's PS3 crashed because I thought I finished 12th but I'm not sure?

Hmmm. I'm beginning to wonder if we should just call this one a right-off. I think there's just too much confusion about the finishing positions.

Can't believe only me and Jeff have handy-cams. And that only mine actually works :lol:

Come one guys, give us you replays next time we race! 👍

I hope you caught on video the bit where, from my perspective, I came flying around turn 2, and in the blink of an eye went inches past this green car pointing at a 60 degree angle to the track!

Can't believe only me and Jeff have handy-cams. And that only mine actually works :lol:

Come one guys, give us you replays next time we race! 👍

Or somebody just buy me a new camera. :lol:

I hope you caught on video the bit where, from my perspective, I came flying around turn 2, and in the blink of an eye went inches past this green car pointing at a 60 degree angle to the track!

I remember that. And I remember at the start, being in 5th place on the grid, thinking that you'd probably finish the race a good 30~45 seconds ahead of me with nobody to hold you up. but I never expected to be lapped. And long before the race was over. :ill: I think that was just after I spun on my own and let Frawe, Arvore & Bullie through for me to 'maul' them all over again trying to get by.

When my PS3 froze, I remember just staring at the screen in disbelief. I didn't think it would get any worse until the following race when I totally scewed Au Rouge 18 times out of 20. :ouch:

Jeff, i think frank was the player behind me when your ps3 froze on us...:yuck: but nobody better then himself to confirm it....

Right, I was behind avore and in front of drivatar. You must shift all the positions up to the 6th place.

Is this correct??? I thought I remembered Wayne leaving the lobby but maybe that was at Spa? But we started Riviera with 15 so maybe this makes sense?

1. AlanG
2. ChilledAnt
3. Firedshot
4. Turner_042
5. New_Soul
6. Shaggy_Alonso
7. SimcoeAce (Biggles)
8. jjaisli
9. Arvore
10. Frawe
11. Drivatar
12. eddietrout
13. Bullie77
14. Snazy20
15. DrSto1ner (DNF)

Is this correct??? I thought I remembered Wayne leaving the lobby but maybe that was at Spa? But we started Riviera with 15 so maybe this makes sense?

1. AlanG
2. ChilledAnt
3. Firedshot
4. Turner_042
5. New_Soul
6. Shaggy_Alonso
7. SimcoeAce (Biggles)
8. jjaisli
9. Arvore
10. Frawe
11. Drivatar
12. eddietrout
13. Bullie77
14. Snazy20
15. DrSto1ner (DNF)

I Think, tought not tottaly sure ,this is correct.👍

Alright, let's just settle it. If somebody comes forward and tells me the results are incorrect I'll change it. But we need to move on from this event. And in any event, as qualifying for round two didn't go as planned, the results were perhaps a bit secondary. The most important thing is that I hope most people had fun despite all the problems:

1) AlanG 52
2) New_Soul 31
3) Firedshot 27
4) SimcoeAce 25
5) Shaggy_Alonso 23
6) ChilledAnt 20 *
7) jjaisli 18
8) Arvore 14 (tie)
8) Frawe 14 (tie)
10) Eddietrout 13 (tie)
10) Turner_042 13 (tie) *
12) Bullie77 9
13) Drivatar 5 (tie)
13) Turnupdaheat 5 (tie) *
15) Snazy20 2 *
16) DrSto1ner 1 *

* Took part in only one race

Perhaps more important at this point, is how we go for the next event:

1) Qualifying? (same as this event) (y/n)
2) Qualifying, but different (y/n/explain)
3) Standard setup or open?
4) Long races or more tracks/shorter?

Myself, I'm leaning towards:
- an opening stage qualifying, same as before
- stock settings (at LEAST until the ride height bug is fixed)
- maybe 3 tracks, 15 laps each.

But I'd like to hear what the rest of you have to say.

1) Qualifying? (same as this event) (y)
2) we culd try to make a flying start! the first
lap everybody drives slow and holds position, then after the last corner the leader decides to start the race.
3) Standard setup , + assists alowed
4) Long races! 2x montreal 20 laps 2nd race reverse order start from finishing positions of 1st race.

It's kind of ridiculous. I can't imagine how anybody could have hit you hard enough to knock your car forward like that. (Assuming it's you) you can see a car flying toward me in my rear view mirror. A bit of screwy physics there. If it was at the end of a straight it would make sense.

There is a problem probably with prediction code in this hairpin bend. I've seen cars warping forward there sometimes.

@jjaisli
Count me under "Took part in only one race", too.

Your video shows that even audio had dropouts during your small freezes. Can't remember this happening to me in SCC.

Last edited:
* Bump *

Here's Part II of the Riviera Video (Parts III & IV will follow later today) along with my comments below.

[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/krET5Rw6Vyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/krET5Rw6Vyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]

I was surprised to see I actually did record most of the Riviera race. Quite a few of the thumbnail placers were blank and I assumed half the race was missing. Spa is another story unfortunately. I'll get to that as soon as I can.

- 0:01 - Immediately at the start I get some screen lag.

- 0:22 - This camera is really fading fast.

- 1:13 - Yikes! It's New_Soul in the middle of that smoke!

- 1:30 - New_Soul hits the wall and I feel it's my chance to pounce. But he immediately moves to the outside to defend the best line into the corner, forcing me back to the inside and having to rethink my braking point when at 1:32, I start getting some lag and disaster quickly ensues. ARGH! Sorry about that. :( And I have to admit, looking at it a few times, I probably braked too late and might have made contact anyway even with out the lag, although perhaps I may have been able to steer more to the inside. The impact wasn't that hard but it was enough to make a mess of things. After the incident I tried to hold back and make sure to give him plenty of room and time to get moving again but unfortunately it allowed Frawe the opportunity to pass him again.

- 2:11 - New_Soul hits the outside armco and I go tight to the inside and start bouncing like a pogo stick. I managed to make it stick but this car is just awful over the curbs.

- 2:59 - I actually came very close to smashing Arvore here. He was on the line, no problem, but just going much slower than I was anticipating and I was worried I wasn't going to brake in time and totally smash him. Same thing at 3:04.

- 3:14 - realizing that New_Soul was closing in behind me I was getting desperate to put Arvore behind me quickly but at 3:14 some more screen lag puts me off and my chance is ruined.

- 4:33 - In retrospect, looking at the interval timer, it appears Arvore backed off and conceded the corner but at the time, I remember committing myself and thinking, "If Arvore is next to me, this is going to be messy". :lol:

- 6:30 - I come around this corner, see SimcoeAce and realize my chance of catching New_Soul now is pretty much gone unless he makes a big mistake.

- 6:39 - camera again, sorry. :(

- 7:15 - %$#*&^ screen lag again. :ouch: :banghead: Man I was pissed, although I didn't lose that much time. Coming around the corner, I also see that Shaggy is now ahead of Biggles and New_Soul is far out of reach. Man, he must have been flying. And I remember thinking at that point that I never would have caught him anyway.

- 8:00 - I back off knowing there's no room to pass here and a mistake by Biggles a moment later allows me to slip through.

- 9:15 - More screen lag although I didn't lose much time.

Last edited:
1'33
i was litle bit surprised to se you ther, becaus ther are som corners wher you can overtake safely an ther are corners wher you just dont overtake, this was not a corner wher you just dont overtake, but a corner wher you cant overtake safely. ther semed to be som lag involved to.

me imediatly moving to the outside :) just driving the racing line. :D

2'11 i remember a slight bump that nends me loving the outside wall of that corner , but i cant se that in the video. i blame the por 16p loby collisions detection :)

locking again at 2'11 i se my car pushed, but ther is no visible contact or sound, that was all diferent from my perspective.

Last edited:
Here's Part III of Riviera

[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpOD7lIiYUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpOD7lIiYUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]

Part III

At this point, the race is half way over, I realize Alang is far, far out of reach, as is likely Turner & probably New Soul. But I'm in 8th place, Arvore is ahead, Shaggy ahead of him and I'm hoping to consolidate myself in the 2nd half of the race and get into the top 4-5. Not to be.

0:14 - I did this completely to myself. Just clipping the curb and giving too much throttle put me off and spun me around. :dunce: At 0:19 *boom* right into the wall. :ouch: And here comes one of the real drawbacks of using a G25 with the H pattern shifter. Getting it into reverse, especially in a pressure situation is very tricky. What an absolute disaster. And it was completely of my own making. This sequence is so embarrassing, I almost didn't want to post it. But here it is. :irked: At 0:21 I am able to get it into reverse, but then I realize SimcoeAce is coming around the corner and behind me and I don't want to smash into him or him into me so I quickly lunge back into the Armco. I manage to get it back into reverse and back up. But then at 0:29, I realize too late that I haven't come out far enough. And even though I was giving full throttle, I couldn't spin the car and I end up right back in the same spot again. 🤬:banghead::rolleyes: And then I see Arvore is passing by and wait for him to go. At 0:35, I'm giving throttle but struggling to get the car into reverse. I think subconsciously I had my foot on the clutch while I was fighting to find reverse! I finally manage to do it (sloppy as hell) and at 0:44 AlanG comes by to lap me (for the record, Blue Flag only showed AFTER he was by and of course his name doesn't show on the interval timer so I had no clue he was coming. I'm glad there wasn't an incident here. What a nightmare! From start to finish, including the time I spent sliding and accelerating, I probably lost close to 30 seconds. :guilty: Of course, had this been a real race, it would have been 'game over' from the 0:19 mark.

0:48 - from this point forward, I'm so aggravated that I've been lapped only half way through the race (and just assumed that Stoner/Turner/Firedshot are close behind) and don't want to have to compromise my race making way so I head off, full bore, after Alan foolishly determined to match his pace and ride his draft all the way to the finish. And I think I nearly did. :cool: For about 45 seconds. :irked: At that point, assuming lapping cars would soon be closing, I switched to bonnet cam to make them easier to spot. Talk about resigning. LOL

3:02 - Sorry Frawe--totally my fault. You braked earlier than I was expecting. I held back for a long time after to make sure you were able to get a good run. No lag caused this.

3:42 - Screen Lag again but I didn't lose too much time, if any.

3:58 - Freeze! Starting at this sequence right here, it honestly looked like Frawe was going to smash head on into the barrier and I let off the brake and committed myself to the corner. At 4:00 I realize somehow Frank was able to brake in time and make the corner but he was on the curb, possibly rubbing the armco and going slowly and I thought I had the momentum to slice in there in front of him. But riding the curb a bit on the inside of this corner put me off and there was contact. LOL It's 1994 Adelaide all over again and this time I'm Damon Hill. :( I'm not sure how Frawe saw it but as he was able to get back in front I just kept going. If he had smashed the wall, I would have waited.

5:33 - Freeze! This time I did realize Frawe was behind me so I committed myself but I thought he might still have a nose inside me so I tried hard to give room. At 5:38, I hear a car skidding and I thought maybe I had side swiped him after bouncing off the wall so I backed off and slowed down, expecting to see him come spinning by me out of control. At 5:41 he comes shooting past and I realize it was probably unnecessary to wait but better to be safe I suppose. My race was totally screwed at this point anyway.

6:00 - more screen lag again. This time to disastrous effect.

7:33 - a bit of cat and mouse through the high speed section but this time Frawe knocks me. LOL No worries. Alright Arvore, I'm coming.

9:00 - I'm more comfortable driving in dash view. But switching views is always rough and it puts me off for a few seconds until I can readjust. Case in point.

9:24 - Lapping Snazzy20. Again. (I know how you feel).

2'11 i remember a slight bump that nends me loving the outside wall of that corner , but i cant se that in the video. i blame the por 16p loby collisions detection :)

locking again at 2'11 i se my car pushed, but ther is no visible contact or sound, that was all diferent from my perspective.

It is odd. I just looked at it again too. It almost looks like you were hit on the left side but I was behind you. I'm guessing it must be lag/collision detection. But I didn't wait because it just looked to me during the race that you simply missed your braking point. So I guess things still aren't perfect. And with fast cars and good braking performance the lag is probably exaggerated.

Part IV

[YOUTUBehd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJ-adtdZu30&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJ-adtdZu30&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]

Final Part of Riviera

0:34 - Some Screen Lag again! I suffered this the entire race and it was making me nuts.

1:04 - Freeze! At this point I wasn't sure if Arvore had simply missed his braking or was actually letting me pass but I immediately jumped on it. At 1:06, I can hear brakes squealing and thought back to the the 250LM race at Misano where I knocked Frawe off. Again I was hesitating, just not sure. But because I wasn't sure, I ultimately decided it was best to simply let Arvore through again and I slowed down at 1:12.

1:37 - Again, I'm not sure if Arvore is letting me by but there's just no room to go by there and I wasn't sure of his intentions. Then at 1:41 he slows again but starts to drift over to the right side of the track. I was totally confused and didn't know what he was doing. :confused: At 1:45 he accelerates and I then assumed he wasn't trying to let me through and maybe just had a moment. At 1:50 I'm not sure if he was letting me through or just had a bad line but either way I took it.

2:30 - The only thing on my mind at this point was that there was NO way I could allow SimcoeAce to put one over on me and I HAD to pass him before the end of the race or I'd never hear the end of it. :cool:

4:24 - More screen lag. And I almost completely lost control of the car as a result. And all I was thinking was 🤬 ARGH! Biggles is getting away! At 4:51 I started the final lap, very much doubtful I would catch him but was determined to try. But realistically, having been lapped by AlanG, this is lap which NEVER should have taken place anyway. Well, no matter. If I can catch Biggles, I'll take it. Screw the rules. LOL

5:19 - The frozen scream. With sound. It took about 2 full seconds to realize this one wasn't going to stop. I let it go for a while in the hope of allowing others to finish the race although I wasn't sure if it would make a difference. This was the fist time my PS3 ever froze during the middle of an online race. What a mess. :crazy: I wonder if all the screen lag was leading up to it. :irked:

5:53 - Shadow puppets. LOL

I'm just publishing the first 4 laps of Spa. The quality is so bad that YouTube won't even let me upload it in 720p. After those four laps, I'm not sure how much more I'll get but it won't be until much later this weekend. :)

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Here's Part III of Riviera

[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpOD7lIiYUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpOD7lIiYUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]

0:14 - I did this completely to myself. Just clipping the curb and giving too much throttle put me off and spun me around. :dunce: At 0:19 *boom* right into the wall. :ouch: And here comes one of the real drawbacks of using a G25 with the H pattern shifter. Getting it into reverse, especially in a pressure situation is very tricky. What an absolute disaster. And it was completely of my own making. This sequence is so embarrassing, I almost didn't want to post it. But here it is. :irked: At 0:21 I am able to get it into reverse, but then I realize SimcoeAce is coming around the corner and behind me and I don't want to smash into him or him into me so I quickly lunge back into the Armco. I manage to get it back into reverse and back up. But then at 0:29, I realize too late that I haven't come out far enough. And even though I was giving full throttle, I couldn't spin the car and I end up right back in the same spot again. 🤬:banghead::rolleyes: And then I see Arvore is passing by and wait for him to go. At 0:35, I'm giving throttle but struggling to get the car into reverse. I think subconsciously I had my foot on the clutch while I was fighting to find reverse!

I know, finding reverse on the H shifter is a bitch. I used the paddles last sunday but overall I think I would have been faster with the H shifter. I had to wait many times just to get it in a low enough gear before I could once again get on the throttle - the paddles don't shift gears quickly enough, as obviously you can't block change like with the H shifter.

That whole sequence did slightly remind me of this though:

Back