Senna's 97t too much faster than real life. Pole time achieved w/ SS tires

• Thread starter thash1127
  • 46 comments
I think the first step toward realism with the 97T would be to remove ALL of the downforce possible. There's no way, by comparison with like cars in GT6, the 97T should have more downforce than the Formula GT and equal to the Red Bull '14 Standard. Especially on the Front.

What makes you think it shouldn't have that much downforce?

What makes you think it shouldn't have that much downforce?
Because it is a Formula 1 car from 1985...? Its Downforce numbers are askew when compared to other cars within the game. Namely the Formula Gran Turismo and the Red Bull '14 Standard.

Completely realistic or not, the 97T is certainly much more fun to drive with sports tires, minimum rear downforce and no ABS. 👍

Running it on R3s just doesn't feel right. But those are the only tires most lobby hosts seem to want to put on it...

Completely realistic or not, the 97T is certainly much more fun to drive with sports tires, minimum rear downforce and no ABS. 👍

Running it on R3s just doesn't feel right. But those are the only tires most lobby hosts seem to want to put on it...
I tried the Ralt online tonight on Sports Hards and it was still a little too grippy for me. I'm going to go to comforts next time I'm on and see how that feels.

I wonder what % of downforce Lotus actually put on Senna's car before qualifying. Now that I've completed the lap I'm beginning to think 40% front; 36% rear, may be too much. Of course with lowering the downforce I must do the same with the power limiter because my straight line will be too fast. ALOT of people have pointed out this "inconsistency" with my method and I know it wont be perfect but it definitely enhances the experience for me!

I can only assume the exaggerated top speed and grip in GT (in general) is trying to appeal to the younger audience.

In 2004 that made sense. The audience was younger and less connected to the internet.

Today we are that audience from 2004 and a new kid knows that C7 can't do 220.

I know this was said a 1000 times but, this is another case of world moving on and PD being stuck in the past.

There is something not right with the car in my opinion, it is too fast, and the AI that drive it really needs some work too.

I've been running the 97T at 80's Monza tonight in arcade mode, professional mode and aggression to 10. I used comfort hards with all aids and abs off, and a DS3 controller. I was still able to run in the 1:25's while being held up by the ridiculously slow AI, who were on racing hards, often overtaking them around the outside of the corners by +20mph faster.

None of that should be possible.
True, the AI drivers with the Lotus are really too slow on corners, even for GT AI standards. On a track with many corners like Nurb. you can compete against the AI with 50% of the power and they will still be easy to overtake, they only catch you on longer straights.

I can only assume the exaggerated top speed and grip in GT (in general) is trying to appeal to the younger audience.

In 2004 that made sense. The audience was younger and less connected to the internet.

Today we are that audience from 2004 and a new kid knows that C7 can't do 220.

I know this was said a 1000 times but, this is another case of world moving on and PD being stuck in the past.

Part of it is that it makes it more accessible for everyone. I agree though that it would be nice to get away from that as it can just seem silly at times with how fast the cars are. Cars with less grip are usually more fun to drive too, even on a DS3.

I've been running the 97T on 800/1005, RH with the brakes turned right down to 1/4 as default they're way too good for mid 1980's brakes. Have a go with it in a wet on real grip levels and it's pretty good fun, wheelspin in 4th and 5th at >150MPH is brilliant!

Real car had no paddle shifters, so unless you have a clutch/manual shifter-equipped wheel...
...its already much easier, and not a accurate representation of driving the car IRL.

That being said, same goes for at least 75% of the cars in GT6, no paddles in IRL. :lol:

PD provided virtual experience of the car in a way that the majority controller users...
...and minority wheel users (like myself) can drive it. :)

I did the Brands Hatch Senna challenge with no aids/0 ABS/clutch/manual trans (TH8 RS)...
...It took me quite a few more laps & was much harder to get the same times I got with paddles.

Tires, I agree, a bit too grippy, but once again, if the bar is too high some will cry...
...if the bar is too low, some will moan, never-ending recording on loop at GTP. :indiff:

Outside of Senna events, the car can be setup to challenge one's skill levels. :dopey:

Last edited:
I've been running the 97T on 800/1005, RH with the brakes turned right down to 1/4 as default they're way too good for mid 1980's brakes. Have a go with it in a wet on real grip levels and it's pretty good fun, wheelspin in 4th and 5th at >150MPH is brilliant![/quote]

Im gonna try your setting, much lower downforce than my 900/1360, than turn down the power to keep it around 203 (at least under 207, the actual top speed for 1985 ITA gp weekend). Im gonna have to upgrade to RH for a chance at a low 1' 25''. My brake strength is set at 2/2 for no-abs. Too bad we didn't have access to apex speeds and other data to really fine tune things and compare our lap times to the real thing, this method of making the cars "more realistic" is kind of artificial but WAY more challenging than the default settings.

If the game implemented real gear shifts and turbo lag then the GT6 times eould drop a bit and be closer to the real life times.

They boosted the cars speed and downforce for the time trials when the content launched. I have yet to see someone beat my times at spa, Monza and Monaco in a lobby. I'm doing 1:16/17s at Monza in what I feel is a maxed out tune on my 97T. Went and did the seasonal after I tuned my owned for a few days and ran a 1:17.1 on my first lap at Monza on the senna time trial. They tweaked the physics for the senna content trials. It is obvious. Either that or the car isn't being delivered after winning it with the same setup they've loaded it with for the time trial.

For reference, I'm doing 1:44s/low 1:45 at spa and I haven't seen someone do that on a wheel with all aides other than abs shut off. Doing 1:17s at Monaco with minor wing and diff adjustments on my same spa/Monza tune.

Last edited:
Back