Spec FRS/BRZ/GT86 Challenge

• Thread starter djchon661
  • 389 comments
United States
Bakersfield, CA
djchon661
attachment.php

Subaru and Toyota have conspired to bless racers with the extremely sporty and affordable sports car of many names. Scion FR-S, Subaru BRZ, Toyota GT86. Three different names, one common purpose: ALL OUT FUN. This vehicle may not have the most power in its class but what it lacks in power it makes up in scalpel sharp handling and blood pumping fun.

Now its up to us to take this car where it belongs, on the track! Are you up to the challenge?

images

QUICK FACTS:
Individual based Championship
5 Race Series beginning on July 25, 2013
Race day: Thursdays
Lounge Open:9:00PM EST/6:00PM PST
Qualify: 9:30PM EST/6:30PM PST
Race Start: 10:00PM EST/7:00PM PST
Race Lounge Host: xR0ADRASHx (the O is a Zero 0)
Race Length: 2 25-30 minute rounds per race night.
All races will begin with a pace lap
Mandatory Pit Stop
Tire selection is Sports Hard.
ABS allowed.
TCS allowed.
Driving line banned.
Active steering banned.
Skid recovery force banned.
Tire wear/fuel consumption ON.
Boost will be turned off.
Grip reduction will be set to REAL.
Draft set to weak.
Damage will be set to LIGHT.
Penalties will be turned off.
Tuning prohibited
U.S.A. Drivers Only.

INVITED TO PARTICIPATE
1. thlogan
2. ScorpionPHVH57
3. brettcee
4. djchon
5. E46Envy
6. BermudaKID
7. Allinwithjt
8. xR0ADRASHx
9. redrobin347
10. GTP_mike46an2
11. ncrthree
12. Godangit
13. Skeletor27
14. ableACTION
15. Going in Hot

BRZ-FRS2.png

Car Regulations
Car selection is limited to the following vehicles:
Subaru BRZ, Toyota GT86, Scion FR-S
Tuning Prohibited. HP will be capped.
Sports Hard Tires only.

images

Event Procedures:
Races will be held in a public lobby due to better internet connectivity.

Racers are to meet up prior to qualifying in xR0ADRASHx’s lobby so we can determine the number of racers to set in the public lobby.

Racers are NOT to enter the track until instructed to do so.

Racers will be instructed to leave the track while the host resets the lobby.

Racers will then be informed of their qualifying spot and instructed to line up on the track in order.

The race will then be started. Unless otherwise noted races will begin with 1 pace lap and require 1 pit stop.

Championship Point System

1st------>100 points
2nd----->80 points
3rd----->70 points
4th----->60 points
5th----->55 points
6th----->50 points
7th----->45 points
8th----->40 points
9th----->35 points
10th---->30 points
11th---->25 points
12th---->20 points
13th---->15 points
14th---->10 points

Kyoto+-+Gion

DURING THE RACE STUFF:
There will always be slight knocks here and there, either from errors, or close racing. However, 31 taps before the first pit is something that is not expected, it's poor race conduct. Aggressive racing is expected, but bad corner/braking choices should not be made. Just because there is no heavy damage doesn't mean a race won't be ruined by punting someone off.
Try to let faster cars by when safe. If you want to be in a league then you need to respect the other drivers. Do not ram, brake check or spin someone out if you think a driver did something to you on purpose. Dropping out of a race is poor sportsmanship. Stuff happens, just get back in the race, go for yours and let the Race Stewards deal with the incident. Dropping out and jumping back in to berate somebody by mic. or lobby text is not smart and disruptive to eveybody on the track.

-Sometimes a driver will see someone coming up fast behind and they will try to get out of the way only to end up BEING in the way, that's just stress not intention.
-The faster drivers need to give the slower cars some time to set up a good line to be passed. Faster drivers please be patient, it's more fun when it's clean.

If something happens and you screw up a drivers race say sorry (or text it after a race or PM them) let the driver know what was going on and race another day.

AND MORE STUFF:
- No Intentional hitting spinning out of opponents
- DO NOT drive the wrong way around the track during the race- No Corner Cutting, 2 wheels must be on track at all times
- Do not driver over blue paint with any 1 or more tires
- Do not put all 4 wheels on green paint
- No Blocking while on a straight or weaving (one move may be allowed for drivers racing for position only)
- 1 Mandatory Pitstop per Race (Refuelling is optional)
- You Must Stay within Pit lines when entering or exiting the Pitlane
- No Trash Talking or degrading remarks to other Racers
- You cannot pass by going off track (if this occurs give the gained position back)
- You Must yeild to Traffic upon returning to the track
- You must yeild to Lead lap Traffic (try to keep and eye on running order)
-WHEN YOU SPIN A DRIVER OUT AND THEY CRASH OR GO OFF COURSE GIVE THE POSITION BACK IF IT WAS MORE THAN JUST A SMALL ACCIDENT. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO GIVE THE POSITION BACK AND THE INCIDENT IS REPORTED AND DETERMINED TO BE A RESULT OF MORE THAN JUST A SMALL ACCIDENT A POINTS PENALTY WILL BE ISSUED.

PIT LANE STUFF:
Drivers must not cut across the painted Pit Lane exit line.

MISSING A RACE:
Reserve drivers will be asked to fill the void spaces as they open up. Regular league members please notify the league president when you know you may not attend a race. League members may also propose to have the race postposed until then next scheduled race day. If a proposal is made all of the league members may approve or disapprove with the majority vote to rule. It's more fun if everyone is around.

Last edited:
Tsukuba+Circuit

Event Info:
Two 17+1 lap races
Second race is reverse grid based on previous race results.

Confirmed Racers:
1. ncrthree----Subaru BRZ
2. djchon661---Scion FR-S
3. xR0ADRASHx-Scion FR-S
4. AllInWitJT-----Toyota GT 86
5. brettcee-------Subaru BRZ
6. thlogan-------Scion FR-S
7. jared93-------Toyota GT86

Race Results:
Screenshot+%25281%2529.png

Mazda+Raceway+Laguna+Seca

Race Results:

Special+Stage+Route+5

Race Results

Round 4 will be at Rome

Round 5 will Be at Madrid

Total Points:
Screenshot%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Last edited:
Race 1 this week? Where?

This thursday in roadrash's lounge. I'm just gonna assume RR doesn't mind hosting the races in his lounge LOL. Thanks RR!

BTW race specs will be 207 Max HP and 1230 KG.

Does anybody have this car at that much power yet? Mine is at 203

Looks like 208hp is fully broken in. 202hp with initial oil change.

I'm switching to Subaru, just for no particular reason. Ran low-mid 1:07's at Tsukuba@ 202hp. No ABS B/B 3/1. Fun car yes, yes.

NCRthree
Looks like 208hp is fully broken in. 202hp with initial oil change.

I'm switching to Subaru, just for no particular reason. Ran low-mid 1:07's at Tsukuba@ 202hp. No ABS B/B 3/1. Fun car yes, yes.

Im averaging high 1:08s but I have managed to run a few high 1:07s at 203 hp. I tend to spin out at the first turn after a few laps though. The dirt on the outside of the track is surprisingly bad for traction.

Im averaging high 1:08s but I have managed to run a few high 1:07s at 203 hp. I tend to spin out at the first turn after a few laps though. The dirt on the outside of the track is surprisingly bad for traction.

It's a slow exit. Brake in a straight line before the turn and roll through. Fight the urge to gas it. Do it the same way every time. Slow in, steady through and fast at the end. And yes, that's what she said.

What JT said was good. Also...spinning on exit is due to your car being off balance. Brake in a straight line on entry and exit straight too. Just takes some practice.

Edit: Nevermind about the straight exit! You can get on the gas fully almost before hitting the apex. Low torque + sticky tires=superhero exit. Best advice is stay out of the dirt!

Last edited:
DJ, why a mandatory pit? There's barely any tire wear with such short races. Is it for race strategy purposes? I just hate pit glitches is why I'm asking, thanks.

Mandatory pits are to give the race some more versimillitude but if anybody else wants to do away with them go ahead and let me know here.

djchon661
Mandatory pits are to give the race some more versimillitude but if anybody else wants to do away with them go ahead and let me know here.

Keep pitstops and speed up wear

Keep pitstops and speed up wear

I saw that Turtle Race League uses the "fast" tire wear setting for Sports Tires. Let's try that, I'll be online later and try it out. Good idea BK.

I'd sure hate to lose all that versimillitudity!

I'm in. Good idea....been considering doing something myself as an FR-S/GT86/BRZ combo. I'll be using the GT86. Add me - jared_93

I'm in. Good idea....been considering doing something myself as an FR-S/GT86/BRZ combo. I'll be using the GT86. Add me - jared_93

Okay send a request to xR0ADRASHx (the 0 is a zero).

We will be racing tonight. Please meet up in roadrashes lounge at 6pm PT/9pm ET.

Clean racing is a must and excessive foul language is frowned upon.

DJ, I'll be in a shiny Scion FR-S

Got it! thanks logan!

Also does anybody know if BK or Red will be participating? Also I know you would be out there if you could Envy. Gonna miss you on track again.

BTW: Tire wear and Fuel Consumption will be set to VERY FAST.

djchon661
Also does anybody know if BK or Red will be participating? Also I know you would be out there if you could Envy. Gonna miss you on track again.

Have fun guys! I'll kick my PS3 at race time to help myself feel better. Or.... I'll get out the glock and show it what the yellow light of death really is! ;-)

Hey all, lets get through turn 1 tonight without shoving ncr into a wall. I think if he hits a wall 1st turn of 1st lap at Tsukuba ever again he will have envy come over and Glock his PS3.

AllinWitJT
Hey all, lets get through turn 1 tonight without shoving ncr into a wall. I think if he hits a wall 1st turn of 1st lap at Tsukuba ever again he will have envy come over and Glock his PS3.

I could be there in four hours..... I'm ready.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back