Spitin' Flames Photo Thread...

• Thread starter PhiloGrego
  • 114 comments
Canada
Vancouver, Canada
ubbanub
Searched and couldn't find one dedicated to the subject...

No restrictions... any hint of a flame will work.

Some of them are just caught by pushing the pause button at just the right time!

I'll start:

ApricotHillRaceway_1_zps441e2afd.jpg

SilverstoneNationalCircuit_1_zps9447d816.jpg

FordGT1_zps164072e4.jpg

Ferrari4301_zps27fe1b30.jpg

Let's all have some fun with this one!

How do I even take pictures of after fires? I can't take pictures of them unless I want to light up my car's mufflers. Can anyone help me please?

Taking shots of flames can be a pain. (Although, not as big a pain as GT5! ) You have to be quick on the pause button and be prepared to rewind the replay a lot.

Good luck.

Last edited:
How can you take a perfect, no-motion shot of a backfire? Every time I raise the shutter speed, it vanishes! :indiff:

How can you take a perfect, no-motion shot of a backfire? Every time I raise the shutter speed, it vanishes! :indiff:

Or the flash moves to a strange place, compare the photo below with the one I posted above. I've seen that same disappearing flash problem, too. The only cure I have found is to pause the replay at a different point in time.

image.jpg

I asked it before, and I'll ask it again...
Yo Justin you have to pause the replay before you actually see the flame then you will be able to raise your camera speed. - Watch the replay a few times to judge where to pause though, and time saving if it right after a lap time sector.

Apricot Hill Raceway - 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Race Car (5) by StopForPetrol, on Flickr

The speed here was 8000.

The only editing I have done was to dodge the tar and tyres some too look realistic.
Hope this help
:cheers:

Back