Spyker Declared Bankrupt. Update: Declared Null

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 50 comments
What's that? Spyker? Again? Why yes, yes it is!

1496989_1024454814294487_2830313735717328249_n.jpg

8383_1024454817627820_4100784165265808109_n.jpg

12805890_1024454844294484_8076402111281412773_n.jpg
Hope its not one of those vaporware concepts.

Last edited:
I feel like Spyker is just getting dull now. They used to have the factor of "it looks a bit weird, and there is far better value for money out there... But I like it." This new C8 just looks like the last C8, but a bit worse. Though someone must be interested in buying them, because they keep on coming back.

Though I definitely do not object to Spyker being around, because I think they're great.

It looks like a fake nock off of an old Spyker! It's got horrible proportions and is a shame given the beautiful models they produced in the past.

The Spyker C8 Laviolette(?) had plenty of character in its design while being otherwordly beautiful. This C8 Preliator, however, doesn't stir the senses quite as well even if you drop in 600hp of V8 goodness. The car isn't ugly or anything. It looks great. I am just saying it can look just a bit better and with a bit more character.

I'm more interested in the fact that Koenigsegg has grown to the point where not only have they begun supplying their own engines in recent years, but now they supply powerplants to others. 👍
How long have they had the C8 platform? It must be getting long in the tooth.
According to Wiki, the C8 name plate is 17 years old. :crazy:

The details aren't different, which has possibly contributed to making it look old hat and derivative. After all this time, a new style would've been wise.

Since Spykers have always cost multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars and this one is supposed to cost over 350 grand, I'd say Chevrolet will handle this about the same way that they have literally every other time a new Corvette has gone into production when European supercars have existed.

Edit: Oh.

To be honest I quite like it.

My question is, how is Chevrolet going to handle the C8 name when the next Corvette platform goes into production?

Shouldn't be a problem, since the CX designation is just a reference to the generation itself, not the car's actual name.

I mean, we didn't hear anything from Chevrolet or Citroën in 2005.

I think those photos are a little unflattering - the Preliator does look good in the metal.

Not quite as good as the Laviolette, a car that probably deserves a place on my lottery-win list, but more elegant than those images make it look.

Looks like a Chinese Regera clone.

The Chinese wish they could get Koenigsegg to power their knock off version of said Koenigsegg.

Though considering how long the Spyker has been around in this one form, I'd say the Regera looks like a refined hyped up version of the C8.

Last edited:
Back