"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Personally, I don't mind most of the standards, even in their mangled pixely state, but I must defend those posting the up close pictures because that's the best way to show details. I'm sure those jagged headlights still look jagged from a normal standing distance, but the up close photo just shows exactly how bad it is.

When you buy a car in real life you look at the details. Is there rust under the fenders? Is there paint peeling somewhere? Even if you know that if you buy it, nobody will notice those small flaws, it's still something you want to be aware of.

While I wait for a newer Spoon S2000 race car with the updated body kit and wheels
maxresdefault.jpg

12297849843_2939faa60a_b.jpg

I'm driving the '00 Spoon S2000 a race car, Amuse R1 and Opera S2000. Love them all. No big power numbers, but I can stay full throttle and get on the accelerator early on most turns. They sound better with Racing exhausts.

I just don't get why the carsw can't share a generic interior. As far as the exterior render, the R1 looks way better with matte paint and any Ray's wheels painted chrome.

The Opera version still looks raw. We could at least been given more body kit choices and mirror choices like the Viper and Lamborghinis.

Who said that car models in GT7 are gonna look EXACTLY like that? maybe there will be 500 RUF-Quality standard and like 5 GT6-standard-quality racecar standards
Currently saying that Alto Works/I Concept quality standards are gonna be in GT7 in the form of 600 cars is just pessimistic.

Pessimistic can be realistic. How many Ruf-quality standards are there in GT6? Significantly less than 100, no? And that's going from 3 years between GT's 5 and 6. To think the other hundreds will be ready by GT7's release - let's say a hopeful holiday 2015, so two years after GT6 - is assuming PD has suddenly found a lot of extra manpower. Or haven't been doing any more new Premiums.

My take is that the nice-shelled exterior in GT6 is a hint of upcoming Premium counterparts; cars that are WIPs from Polyphony. It'd certainly make sense, anyways; and considering the dearth of genuinely new cars as DLC since GT6's release (not counting the VGT cars), perhaps they really are plugging away at those.

I'm more taken aback by this, to be honest.
I'm gonna try out the i-concept, just to see if I like it.
it's a low horsepower car but it handles so well once you get use to it, fully tuned it's 177HP

No kidding, this car is a killer in low PP races. This, along with the Mazda Demio Sport '10 are two of my favourite cars to race online with at 400-450PP, they both handle amazingly and the CVT keeps the cars at peak power the entire time. Though their top speeds aren't quite as high as other cars, I notice that coming out of sharp corners and on uphill sections, they will pull away from almost anything else out there in the same PP range.

Both have brought me many victories online at Circuit De La Sierra against some very fast guys with meticulously tuned ringer cars.

Sorry for the off topic post.

Honestly, how are they allowed to get away with this in a 2013 game?
Because "GT" is on the front cover and screen on the internet, and PD are treated like "the gods that can do no wrong". If this wasn't GT, you'll see many people won't let said title get away with this...
Let me put into perspective:

"GT7 will feature standard cars. They still have its own fans."
True, Kaz is correct about that. However, that's just his excuse to keep the standard cars in order to keep one of GT's biggest selling points, which is high car numbers (quantity). They can try to improve them, sure, but the car list is a mess right now and there are no new REAL 2014/2015 cars added, such as the Ferrari LaFerrari...

Because "GT" is on the front cover and screen on the internet, and PD are treated like "the gods that can do no wrong". If this wasn't GT, you'll see many people won't let said title get away with this...
No. See those complaints threads on GT6 sections. Its many of them and theyre going on nicely.

Its not because "the gods that can do no wrong", personal opinion are totally fine, look at some threads here. The problem here its more because most of them are either repost, derailing, or baseless rants that are contributing nothing.

Hell, i can say that to other games with similiar fate like Driveclub. Disappointed? Yes of course. But im not going to talk my disappointment all over the threads. Disappointed by standards? ill talk to this thread. Dissapointed by AI? Ill go to either AI opinion and AI Q&A thread. In general? Go to that dissapointment thread on review subforum. But i will tell about them why and try not getting outside of their respectable threads.

People dont feel emotion the same as you and its easier to pointed out the negatives than the positives. Some people just dont enjoy negatives and try to divert it to the level they enjoy. Thats why some people will avoid it and try being optimistic to keep them happy. Thats a general public rule.

True, Kaz is correct about that. However, that's just his excuse to keep the standard cars in order to keep one of GT's biggest selling points, which is high car numbers (quantity). They can try to improve them, sure, but the car list is a mess right now and there are no new REAL 2014/2015 cars added, such as the Ferrari LaFerrari...

Okay. Their priorities i admit do messed up. Ex. Nobody ask for Cizeta to be premium. Sure, now its interesting to see its interior but thats quite cutting their time. Also they have a bad habit to follow their routine and interest perhaps too strict. I do feel sometimes PD needs to learn improvisation and mainstream needs a bit. I think the LaFerrari isnt an exclusive now as its appeared on many games now so one can only hope.

Last edited:
Back