"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Think about this for a second: What is there to be upset about? Nobody knows what the standards will look like in GT7 apart from PD, and there's a good chance that the models will be cleaned up to look presentable to the eyes. Why get upset over standards being in GT7 when we haven't even SEEN them yet? I'm quite sure that Kaz is WELL aware that the current standards need touching up. It's one of the most talked about subjects of GT besides sounds and DLC content.
This.

PD aren't insane. They'll clean them up to be semi-premium.

RUF type standards is totally cool but to have cars with this sort of quality in the game for a 3rd time? It's just silly (I won't boycott the game over it or anything I'm just laughing at the idea of cars that could look like this on the PS4)

View attachment 177435

It's incredible that there is someone that want this on a PS4
seifuori.gif

Last edited:
Someone please name me another car sim with even 25% of the amount of cars GT has.

I'll wait.

Take the 500+ standards away and GT is just like Forza. If I wanted a car game full of the most expensive cars ever made, I wouldn't be playing GT.

This. A huge aspect of GT's appeal for many people that have been following the series for a long time is the fact that it offers you the chance to drive rare, obscure and even ordinary cars that are in no other game. As SuzukaStar says, take that away and it loses one of it's USPs.

Think about this for a second: What is there to be upset about? Nobody knows what the standards will look like in GT7 apart from PD, and there's a good chance that the models will be cleaned up to look presentable to the eyes. Why get upset over standards being in GT7 when we haven't even SEEN them yet? I'm quite sure that Kaz is WELL aware that the current standards need touching up, especially since this will be released on a next-gen console. It's one of the most talked about subjects of GT besides sounds and DLC content.
Just give it some time before we see them, and hey, I'll eat my words if they still look like crap for GT7. :lol:

Don't create expectations my friend. PD proved over the years they can't live up to the players requests

Someone please name me another car sim with even 25% of the amount of cars GT has.

I'll wait.

Take the 500+ standards away and GT is just like Forza. If I wanted a car game full of the most expensive cars ever made, I wouldn't be playing GT.

You're focusing on numbers like so many others. With a good, balanced roster of premium quality cars 400 would be more than enough for anybody. Some people would even argue the Forza 5 car list is better than GT6 premium list (Not me before you ask, I haven't played it) because the selection is simply better, even though there are less.

People need to stop focusing on the numbers, 800 standards here, 500 standards there, and focus on the quality of the car list itself. Look at the current premium list, see where you think there are gaps and that is what PD need to focus most of their effort on, the rest should be focused on what you believe are the must-not-lose standards.

Then we might end up with a great list of 600 cars all in premium quality rather than a list of 1500 cars full of poor quality, mediocre and duplicate cars barely anyone drives.

Think about this for a second: What is there to be upset about? Nobody knows what the standards will look like in GT7 apart from PD, and there's a good chance that the models will be cleaned up to look presentable to the eyes. Why get upset over standards being in GT7 when we haven't even SEEN them yet? I'm quite sure that Kaz is WELL aware that the current standards need touching up, especially since this will be released on a next-gen console. It's one of the most talked about subjects of GT besides sounds and DLC content.
Just give it some time before we see them, and hey, I'll eat my words if they still look like crap for GT7. :lol:

You do make a good point. We don't know what they look like yet.

However, I don't have much faith that ALL standard cars will be of "semi-premium" quality. We waited 3 years for GT6, and while we do have some decent looking standard cars, we are still stuck with some horribly pixelated ones and it makes the game seem like an unfinished mess. Not to mention, PD will also have to focus on adding actual NEW cars, not just touching up standard cars/turing standard cars into premiums. I don't how they're going to pull it off and I'm definitely sick of buying GT games that are a work in progress.

If standards must stay, then I expect to see all of the duplicates removed. I would prefer standards be at least be on the level of semi-premiums or the lower quality premium vehicles. I would much prefer to see all of the good standard vehicles (Such as the RUFs, Jaguar, XJ220, etc.) be made into premiums like how the Diablo was from GT5 - GT6.

Oh, come on :lol:

Did they tell you that all of the cars in GT5 or GT6 were immaculately detailed, or did they inform you, before you purchased the game, that there was a discrepancy in car rendering quality?
They think it's okay to not start from scratch, and instead keep the quantity on a new console.

They think it's okay to not start from scratch, and instead keep the quantity on a new console.

You're sounding quite ridiculous. They advertised a product with old renders, you bought the product, they did so again, you bought the product. If you thought you were being 'slapped about like a fool' then why did you buy the product, twice?

You're sounding quite ridiculous. They advertised a product with old renders, you bought the product, they did so again, you bought the product. If you thought you were being 'slapped about like a fool' then why did you buy the product, twice?
Because I was blind and believed everything they said at the time. This time I'm not a fool to believe anything they say now.

Not entirely true, they tried to tell people that 'standards' were not in GT6, that all cars would be equal except the interior view.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that. I just thought that they'd removed the 'standard' moniker.

Because I was blind and believed everything they said at the time. This time I'm not a fool to believe anything they say now.

Fair. The fact remains however, that they didn't lie to you for GT5, and they aren't lying to you about GT7.

Fair. The fact remains that they didn't lie to you for GT5, and they aren't lying to you about GT7.
*Remembers the Community Features was coming on January 1st 2014, and never did* I'm pretty sure Kaz said that was coming for GT6. Isn't that a lie?

Last edited:
Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that. I just thought that they'd removed the 'standard' moniker.

Well they did as we know, what I meant was they weren't 100% clear about it. They strongly suggested that there would be no functional differences between them, adding only that not all cars would have an interior. They never outright said "However a lot of the cars will still be visually lacking on the exterior, despite not being called standard anymore".

The exhaust tip of the Volvo 240glt is suggestive as hell

Attachments

• tmp_28087-IMG_20140628_234227-793530485.jpg
    tmp_28087-IMG_20140628_234227-793530485.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 20
I raise you an Audi R8 '01 and a Honda S500 '63

And answering your question, it is not what the cars mean to most people, but to you, imagine how cool it would be to find that your daily driver is in a videogame

My daily driver isn't something I want to have running around a race track, that's why it's a daily driver that gets me from point A to B. The cars I want to drive are cars that aren't daily drivers or at least wouldn't be your normal daily driver, there are cars that could be daily drivers and track cars. Audi RS6 for example and those make sense because they're multi purpose. But if my Nissan Sentra ended up in the game...I don't think I'd be all that excited.

I'll wait.

Umm, Forza 2, 3, 4, and 5?

Back