Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments
Eh, mine does a 1:44.608. :P And a 1:45.0xx if you're pushing it reasonably hard. :lol:

I'll check it out then. Keep in mind that I don't think I'm great at Fuji. I'm getting better at it through testing in this shootout though, so that's a plus. :D

Just..waiting on you to add me. D:

But your car runs so little rear downforce it should drive like a 300hp CT230RR…

…right? Right?

:lol:
Yep. It doesn't know the meaning of understeer anymore. :lol:
Not gonna lie. I really like the ideas behind Roj's Impreza. Braking into the final turns to secure faster exit speeds is a really nice thing that car can do and it truly shows the power behind 4WD.

Yeah, to bring out the best in a 4WD car you need to drive it like you stole it. I simply set up the car to encourage such behavior. :D

I'm not great at Fuji either, the last section really throws me off. :scared:

I'll check it out then. Keep in mind that I don't think I'm great at Fuji. I'm getting better at it through testing in this shootout though, so that's a plus. :D

Just..waiting on you to add me. D:
As long as you're good at driving, it's all good. :P

Eh? Check now. :P

Weird, it's the opposite for me. The last section is one of my strongest areas. :P

Okay, I guess I'm pretty dang good at driving. *boast boast brag* :lol:

Alright, now it worked. OMG A GARAI-awww, it's not the Premium one... :(

Oh well, it's still a Garaiya. Let's see how this goes~

Weird, it's the opposite for me. The last section is one of my strongest areas. :P

Okay, I guess I'm pretty dang good at driving. *boast boast brag* :lol:

Alright, now it worked. OMG A GARAI-awww, it's not the Premium one... :(

Oh well, it's still a Garaiya. Let's see how this goes~

Update: Okay, so how I see it, this Garaiya is pretty fast. It's also the most difficult to drive out of the GT300s I've tested so far. On section 2 of Fuji, this car is a beast and it was actually ahead of Krenk's RX-7 in this section. Unfortunately, the section that hurts this car the most is the last section, the one that is the most capable of hurting lap times. I call this section "Life" because it has crushed the hopes and dreams of many tunes I've tested. Well now Frank Sinatra will be stuck in my head all day.

Last edited:
Update: Okay, so how I see it, this Garaiya is pretty fast. It's also the most difficult to drive out of the GT300s I've tested so far. On section 2 of Fuji, this car is a beast and it was actually ahead of Krenk's RX-7 in this section. Unfortunately, the section that hurts this car the most is the last section, the one that is the most capable of hurting lap times. I call this section "Life" because it has crushed the hopes and dreams of many tunes I've tested. Well now Frank Sinatra will be stuck in my head all day.

Eh, it's actually pretty easy to drive once you get to grips with it, it just demands you to keep a set level of respect for it. It's a race car through and through, and if you start treating it otherwise, it'll bite you as a reminder. :lol:

And how does it get "hurt" in the last section? Understeer, oversteer, what? I need a tad bit more to get things straight in my head as to what the issue is. :P

And how does it get "hurt" in the last section? Understeer, oversteer, what? I need a tad bit more to get things straight in my head as to what the issue is. :P

Definitely oversteer. I think it's just the nature of the car itself. Krenk's RX-7 takes the lead again in this section because if I give the car too much throttle, it fishtails and gives the RX-7 more distance. If I use a very light throttle to keep it stable through the corner, the RX-7 still pulls away with faster acceleration on the exits.

I'll definitely try the car again later. For now it sits at 1:45.887 on my leaderboard. That time would be better if I didn't slow down too much on the last corner, letting the RX-7 just blow away the Garaiya in the straight.

About my car's 4WD feel, originally it was tail happier, but I tamed it down, forgetting that most people have better throttle control than I do and can handle a little wagging tail :lol:

How much slower is my car compared to Roj's?

Ahaha Roj :lol: Your Garaiya can get lost Onboy :P

Definitely oversteer. I think it's just the nature of the car itself. Krenk's RX-7 takes the lead again in this section because if I give the car too much throttle, it fishtails and gives the RX-7 more distance. If I use a very light throttle to keep it stable through the corner, the RX-7 still pulls away with faster acceleration on the exits.

I'll definitely try the car again later. For now it sits at 1:45.887 on my leaderboard. That time would be better if I didn't slow down too much on the last corner, letting the RX-7 just blow away the Garaiya in the straight.

Err…short shift? :lol: I drive in the most unrealistic way possible, which is to jump from 3rd to 2nd then to 3rd again depending on the reaction, all in the space of a second or less, which tames the back end. Also, a very gentle bit of slip wouldn't hurt, as long as your inputs are accurate. :P

About my car's 4WD feel, originally it was tail happier, but I tamed it down, forgetting that most people have better throttle control than I do and can handle a little wagging tail :lol:

Not really. :lol: I drove both iterations after you roped me in on your blind guess tuning which damn near killed me, and this one was actually looser.

No, you can get lost in my car's mirror, if only by 0.1 of a second. :P

FACKING FACK. DOUBLE POST. :ouch:

It did get lost actually. It went ahead of your cars. :P

*sigh* now if only it was the premium Garaiya. I like that one's livery more. :guilty:

:odd: I know it's early, and it's just one tester, but Onboy always says that my tunes are safe and boring :P

Well it's certainly safe. I find that it would be quite difficult to mess up with this car. On the other hand, I do think that this car is a good deal of fun. I've actually had a lot of fun with all of the GT300s so far. As for "Murder Lambo" over there in GT500... I'll stop being intimidated by you eventually... :grumpy:

trackripper123

Your car handles beautifully. Right now my best is a 45.2 vs a 45.7 for Roj's.

It did get lost actually. It went ahead of your cars. :P

*sigh* now if only it was the premium Garaiya. I like that one's livery more. :guilty:

50 or so kgs heavier, a little bit narrower which for some reason I thought meant it wasn't as good, but the tune should transfer well for it. Also works very nicely online, though downforce has to be jacked up a bit in the rear to stop you from being killed every time you slowed down. :lol:

Anyway, yea, short shift when you feel the car run loose, and it'll get you somewhere. And take that corner after the 100R (I think that's its name) in 3rd if you're not doing so already, it's quicker for just about every car I've tested. I think. :lol:

As for "Murder Lambo" over there in GT500... I'll stop being intimidated by you eventually... :grumpy:

If I remember, when Krenkme tries to get you killed, it works very well. :lol:

…but you'll have to get strapped into my car afterwards though…

Name? Undecided, but I'm thinking of something not English…

蓝色风暴 seems fitting given its temper…(Google Translate it, but the meaning would be a bit off, I'm guessing)

Release it as the Michelin Killer, I know that's the purpose of your car. :lol:

Not really. :lol: I drove both iterations after you roped me in on your blind guess tuning which damn near killed me, and this one was actually looser.

No, you can get lost in my car's mirror, if only by 0.1 of a second. :P

FACKING FACK. DOUBLE POST. :ouch:

No, the blind tuning was only for the Castrol Supra :P

And No. Refuse to. :P

Release it as the Michelin Killer, I know that's the purpose of your car. :lol:

No, it's purpose is to just say "you testers had it too easy last time with the Imprezas, I'm back to kill you now, now drive carefully while pushing the edge of your bravery". :lol:

BolverkGTM
As for "Murder Lambo" over there in GT500... I'll stop being intimidated by you eventually... :grumpy:

Onboy123
If I remember, when Krenkme tries to get you killed, it works very well. :lol:

Shhhhh.... we don't talk about the first Clueless test driver. Court order :dopey:

The Diablo isn't blue is it?
Ah well. I can't read that last character, but it's Blue Wind something or other :P

It's for my car. :P

You know Chinese?! I am shocked. :lol: It's more "Blue Thunderstorm", which is basically saying it's an angry bugger of a thing. :lol:

Back