Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments
Fuji looks so simple, so wide and kind of flat but it's deceptively difficult to drive and even after all the laps I've put in there I'm not quite sure sometimes what the best lines are.

It's a good thing, then, that I spent the most of my time in GT5P on that track. :D Don't exactly know it back to front, but I'm confident. Apart from the first corner, where I still get caught out by either the immense brakes of the car, or the tightness of the turn.

There are lots of cars to choose from up and down the weight scale. I can't see how it's unfair if anyone can choose any car. I think your presumption is the lighter cars will do better, but I don't think you'll find it makes much difference. If you think it will make a difference then pick a lighter car and you'll have a better shot at coming out on top.

Also, with the NSXs, since a car weighing more but the same weight distribution as a car with less weight has a bit more kgs up the front, I think it should take the last up and downs a bit better with more weight in front keeping the nose down…

…or I could just be talking out my backside again. :lol:

@Onboy, yep that's the one. It's a easy to drive. Broken in. And pretty quick it seems :P

Trust the Baka. *nod*

See, now my 1:47 is looking like a krenkme time :dopey::lol:

I ran a 1:40 here in the same car I sent you. Of course, that was not power limited and on R2s. I don't foresee that there will be much time difference between most folks here so I think you're doing just fine where you are so far. 👍

Fuji looks so simple, so wide and kind of flat but it's deceptively difficult to drive and even after all the laps I've put in there I'm not quite sure sometimes what the best lines are.

IMO turns 4 and 5 (100R and....whatever) are the hardest to get right. There are about half a billion lines through there and I find it tough to be consistent.

Not sure I will enter yet. I am working on an RX7 and an NSX but I don't know if I will have time to finish them. Plus I'm a little burnt out lately. :crazy: I will let you know, NM. 👍

Not sure I will enter yet. I am working on an RX7 and an NSX but I don't know if I will have time to finish them. Plus I'm a little burnt out lately. :crazy: I will let you know, NM. 👍

Waiting for your response then!

IMO turns 4 and 5 (100R and....whatever) are the hardest to get right. There are about half a billion lines through there and I find it tough to be consistent.

If you only found a half a billion you haven't practiced enough...lol. Other than the first corner and the chicane it seems every corner there is tricky:crazy:

There are no deadlines in the OP.

I am in as a tuner for both, possibly testing, I'll see how many/what gets entered and what I have for time.

PSN used will be CSLACR.(Not GTP_CSL)

There are no deadlines in the OP.

I am in as a tuner for both, possibly testing, I'll see how many/what gets entered and what I have for time.

PSN used will be CSLACR.(Not GTP_CSL)

Thanks for warning about the deadlines. :lol: I think I'll need to improve a lot until the next shootout I run.

Ok, I'll add you.

I'm in as GT500 tester, just not sure if I find enough time for the GT300 class.

And if I find enough motivation I might also tune one of these.

I'm in as GT500 tester, just not sure if I find enough time for the GT300 class.

And if I find enough motivation I might also tune one of these.

Just enter your GTR with a 500hp engine, not that tricky. :P

And no, no piano for you either. :P

Count me in for GT300 class tuner.
Cusco Impreza is already on share, clocked a 1.45.9xx at my hands on Fuji... And I thought my driving was appalling? :odd:

Has anyone got a GT300 car running 45's yet?
Yes. :lol:

Wait... Does it matter if I jump the gun releasing my tune?

Last edited:
Count me in for GT300 class tuner.
Cusco Impreza is already on share, clocked a 1.45.9xx at my hands on Fuji... And I thought my driving was appalling? :odd:

Yes. :lol:

Wait... Does it matter if I jump the gun releasing my tune?

Hmm…shoot me an FR (if I have no more space, spare me the kicking, drop me a message on PSN and I'll make some room), I want to see just how fast I can get it…if your driving is as appalling as you make it seem, that thing should have huge room for more speed in a slightly-less-crap driver's hands.

There's no gun for you to jump. :lol: You could have released all the cars the day after the dates were finalised for all we care, there's no rules governing the earliest release.

We all just want to sit back and keep our cards close to our chests until the deadline since we're all so paranoid about it all. :lol:

Hmm…shoot me an FR (if I have no more space, spare me the kicking, drop me a message on PSN and I'll make some room), I want to see just how fast I can get it…if your driving is as appalling as you make it seem, that thing should have huge room for more speed in a slightly-less-crap driver's hands.

Wouldn't it make more sense if you sent an FR to me, as PSN would tell you immediately if you had too many friends first? :lol: Either way, I can't access the PS3 today anymore, so I'll do it tomorrow :)

And I don't consider myself to be a particularly good driver, I can only get silvers in the license tests for example :grumpy:

Wouldn't it make more sense if you sent an FR to me, as PSN would tell you immediately if you had too many friends first? :lol: Either way, I can't access the PS3 today anymore, so I'll do it tomorrow :)

And I don't consider myself to be a particularly good driver, I can only get silvers in the license tests for example :grumpy:

I'm too lazy, like…everyone else, if I'm honest. :lol: Eh, FR on the way.

I didn't bother after the B licenses anyway, so I'm no better. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back