TH8RS, DSD, etc. to Fanatec Adapter - BasherBoards SFA1

• Thread starter mrbasher
  • 366 comments
Has anyone connected their own d.i.y pedals, likely based on a DSD board with this for PS3 /X360 usage. Oh and using either Fanatec CSW/Elite wheels?

Alternatively for people looking to buy the DSD pedals I cant express how much of a benefit it would be to have highend pedals for a cockpit that work with consoles too and not having to swap out pedals.

The SFA1 would not support it with it's current firmware. As well, it only has two voltage outputs. So theoretically it might be possible, but you would only be able to use 2 pedals.

Oddly enough, I mentioned using high end or DIY pedals with consoles and was met with some opposition here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=265280

The little "Pedal Decoder" board I mentioned on the other thread would be a way to directly connect a set of DIY pedals to a Fanatec wheel, though it would take USB out of the mix.

Thanks Basher but yeah the ideal product would allow all 3 pedals and incorporate the compatibility for consoles/PC.

Maybe if it is something you can build for the future and enough people are interested perhaps you would consider a small batch?

Some of the guys here may even be interested?

mrbasher,

So, yeah... if you could make a PF1 Barebones that included a handbrake connection, that would be great. I could swap out the board in my CSR pedals with the PF1 +handbrake. Also, an adapter that can convert the Fanatec sequential shifter (PS2 connection) into a handbrake would be cool, as well. :)

I'd hope this would work with Forza 3 and 4, etc...

Thanks Basher but yeah the ideal product would allow all 3 pedals and incorporate the compatibility for consoles/PC.

Maybe if it is something you can build for the future and enough people are interested perhaps you would consider a small batch?

Some of the guys here may even be interested?

Thinking a little broader... What if I made something that would allow any USB pedals to be used with any wheel, given the appropriate connectors... Just a thought.

I have a Basherboards SFA1 i'm no longer needing since I went to PC for racing.

Depending on the sim you are using, you might end up wanting to keep it. People often run into issues using sims like rFactor which only allows the Use of 3 controllers. What often will happen is that they will have a wheel, then the csr pedals plugged into the PC for better resolution, and a button box. That maxes you out on controllers, at which point you cannot use the shifter. With the SFA1 (as long as you are using a Fanatec wheel) you can then use the shifter through the wheel.

Quite a few folks are doing this right now. :)

Depending on the sim you are using, you might end up wanting to keep it. People often run into issues using sims like rFactor which only allows the Use of 3 controllers. What often will happen is that they will have a wheel, then the csr pedals plugged into the PC for better resolution, and a button box. That maxes you out on controllers, at which point you cannot use the shifter. With the SFA1 (as long as you are using a Fanatec wheel) you can then use the shifter through the wheel.

Quite a few folks are doing this right now. :)

Good idea, except i'm selling the CSR wheel/pedals. I just ordered Clubsport wheel and V2 pedals.

To my knowledge the "resolution bottleneck" would end up being the wheel it is attached to. Since many of these pedals are 12 bit resolution, I would simply use 12 bit DAC chips in the adapter, thus outputting 12 bit resolution to the wheel. However, Fanatec wheels for instance only read 8 bit resolution on their pedal port. (when analog) It varies depending on the wheel manufacturer what the read resolution is.

This differences in resolutions is not a problem. It's all just analog voltage levels.

Interestingly enough, my SFA1 uses 10 bit DAC chips in it for it's outputs. This is because most likely, the Fanatec wheel it's shifter port with 10 bit resolution based upon the chips they are using in the wheel. Using 12 bit DAC's would accomplish nothing more than make the SFA1 more expensive. :)

edit: A little detail -

It's unlikely the Fanatec wheels are actually reading 8 bit resolution on the pedal port. It's most likely 10 bit resolution. However, the wheel only outputs 8 bit resolution. So it's converting it if that is the case.

Bought mine on the 29th of Nov. It was shipped the 30th, and arrived in California on the 3rd. of Dec.

Beat my TH8RS here.......well done mrbasher!

So, Mr.basher, what ideas have you come up with for the e-brake connection on the CSP? Or are you keeping it under your hat till you are ready to reveal :P

Personaly I have had little time to figure out what I want to try. Stooped work :grumpy:

So, Mr.basher, what ideas have you come up with for the e-brake connection on the CSP? Or are you keeping it under your hat till you are ready to reveal :P

Personaly I have had little time to figure out what I want to try. Stooped work :grumpy:

I have the connectors in hand and a person that is going to be beta testing the firmware for me. I hope to have some news soon. :) We shall see.

Black, it's ready. I apologize for not getting back to you. I have not put up the page on my website yet. I will send you a PM now with some details.

Mr. Basher, I just bought a th8rs for my CSR wheel and would really love to buy one of these SFA1's. Please add me to the list. Any idea when you will have more ready to ship?

My first hiccup using this (not the fault of the SFA1) but with the renewed interest in GT Legends as it's just been released on Steam, I cannot get the game to recognise more than 3 gears on the TH8RS. I did a search and it seems there's a limit to the number of buttons GTL sees and as the TH8 has become more buttons on the wheel..it's a no go :(

Interesting and :(

I wonder if its due to the increased number of buttons on the CSW. Unfortunately for users this would be an issue even with the standard Fanatec shifters.

You know what you might try... not sure if this would work. Put the wheel in G25 mode. I can't remember how you do this on the PC though. It will show up as a Logitech G25 in windows. Doing that should put the buttons in an order where the shifter may work. :)

It just may end up being one of the benefits of Fanatec hijacking Logitech's vendor and product ID.

Back