TH8RS, DSD, etc. to Fanatec Adapter - BasherBoards SFA1

• Thread starter mrbasher
  • 366 comments
Just one of those things mate. It's all our fault, in the old days we just wanted to turn left and right and have gas and brake pedals :D
It's just an extension of the 3 controller limit games have had I guess.
I'll have a ponder sometime and look at things like xpadder again. I use xpadder for seq (paddles and DSD) and it's perfect of course. At this rate I may just bin my controllers and get a really nice keyboard :D

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to make an adapter for any wheel like the CSW, T500, G25/G27 on xbox? I know that it's different electronics in the xbox than with normal usb but it would be great if there is a way to convert the signal. I know nothing about electronics, but I know this would be like the holy grail of boards and would make you a very busy man lol

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to make an adapter for any wheel like the CSW, T500, G25/G27 on xbox? I know that it's different electronics in the xbox than with normal usb but it would be great if there is a way to convert the signal. I know nothing about electronics, but I know this would be like the holy grail of boards and would make you a very busy man lol

There is something like that, it's called XCM and converts a USB device like mouse or steering wheel to your XBox by simulating an controller.
Saw some tests online, and it seems to work, but with so many limitations e.g. very unprecise, because emulating the stick movement and buttons and also no FFB, that I lost the interest.
Don't know what happened to them til now, but I think you're best off with a Fanatec wheel ;)

There is something like that, it's called XCM and converts a USB device like mouse or steering wheel to your XBox by simulating an controller.
Saw some tests online, and it seems to work, but with so many limitations e.g. very unprecise, because emulating the stick movement and buttons and also no FFB, that I lost the interest.
Don't know what happened to them til now, but I think you're best off with a Fanatec wheel ;)

I have both the CSW and Elite, would love to use the CSW on xbox as well :)

Just one of those things mate. It's all our fault, in the old days we just wanted to turn left and right and have gas and brake pedals :D
It's just an extension of the 3 controller limit games have had I guess.
I'll have a ponder sometime and look at things like xpadder again. I use xpadder for seq (paddles and DSD) and it's perfect of course. At this rate I may just bin my controllers and get a really nice keyboard :D

I actually have an idea that might help fix this 3 controller thing, at least for things like button boxes and shifters. More on that another time though.

Possible, sure. As Spike said, the XCM can do this with the Logitech wheels. However, it's apparently problematic due to lag and ffb issues.

I don't foresee myself ever making something like this unless it was purely for experimentation/educational purposes.

USPS amazes me... They consistently do the following (this past weekend was no exception):

I sent out several orders this Saturday, 3 of which were US customers. All 3 SFA1 adapters were delivered TODAY. That's right, not even a SINGLE business day between shipment and delivery. I may as well have teleported them. :) I can't imagine anything but the following happening: Day 1 - dropped at PO, Day 2 put on plane and flown to destination city, Day 3 out for delivery.

This is all over the US, not just in my area. Pretty awesome :)

It took some time but we made some connections lol :D

Thank you very much for the kind words Derek! 👍

Thanks for the kind words guys. :) It's comments like these and seeing people having fun that makes it all worth it.

Great combo and great service from all sides.
What you want more?

A handbrake? :D hehe

I have both the CSW and Elite, would love to use the CSW on xbox as well :)

Huh, come on the Norn-iron lads not like your the only one matey, lol.... :sly:

I think we should just seek rim mod options for Elite (cough Derek) and a simple fixing table top mount to swap over chassis quickly.

I wonder if Mr Basher could do anything to improve upon the CSP brake pedal rumble force?

A device that with increased pedal pressure produces an internal sound to trigger a tactile unit rather than that motor. If so such a device could be used on all types of pedals. Having the volume adjustable would allow the user to set how much or when the "rumble" reaches a set strength they want to achieve the "locking brake" effect.

I achieved a crude but working method for this last year...

IIRC even Simvibe at present does not support brake rumble from game data...

Last edited:
Huh, come on the Norn-iron lads not like your the only one matey, lol.... :sly:

I think we should just seek rim mod options for Elite (cough Derek) and a simple fixing table top mount to swap over chassis quickly.

I wonder if Mr Basher could do anything to improve upon the CSP brake pedal rumble force?

A device that with increased pedal pressure produces an internal sound to trigger a tactile unit rather than that motor. If so such a device could be used on all types of pedals. Having the volume adjustable would allow the user to set how much or when the "rumble" reaches a set strength they want to achieve the "locking brake" effect.

I achieved a crude but working method for this last year...

IIRC even Simvibe at present does not support brake rumble from game data...

LOL 👍
Yeah it'd be great if we could get an adapter with button's like there are for the T500. The sparco P310 with adapter and button's combo for the Elite would be perfect :)

LOL 👍
Yeah it'd be great if we could get an adapter with button's like there are for the T500. The sparco P310 with adapter and button's combo for the Elite would be perfect :)

I'm sure someone will come up with something... ;) or try...

In case that was too subtle, this thread will give you a clue as to what I mean: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=265664

Last edited:
Hey,

I just ordered one of your Adapters to Germany with USPS.
Any ideas how long it could take till I'll be able to use it with my T500 TH8RS? :)

Hey,

I just ordered one of your Adapters to Germany with USPS.
Any ideas how long it could take till I'll be able to use it with my T500 TH8RS? :)

Thank you for your purchase! :D

You used USPS First Class Mail International and these orders generally take around 10 to 12 days to reach their destination. It MAY take a little longer this time of year because of Christmas...

It will ship when I get home this evening from my "day job" :)

I'm going to email this to you as well. However, I figured it may be useful for others to see.

No problem - this wasn't an act of altruism :D

That's perfect! I did not expect, that the shipping is that quickly over the ocean :)

I will definitely tell you guys when my packet arrives! :)
Maybe I'll post some pictures aswell!

Greetings!

Nonetheless, I appreciate the patronage. :) As should anyone else that uses my products. All of the money generated from sales is used to fund further advancements.

The shipping is generally pretty quick, quicker than I originally thought when starting this process. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get there, but the average has been right around 11 days or so on international USPS shipments. EMS is much quicker but also about 3 times the price!

I hope to hear about your experience! :D

Nonetheless, I appreciate the patronage. :) As should anyone else that uses my products. All of the money generated from sales is used to fund further advancements.

The shipping is generally pretty quick, quicker than I originally thought when starting this process. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get there, but the average has been right around 11 days or so on international USPS shipments. EMS is much quicker but also about 3 times the price!

I hope to hear about your experience! :D

USPS has stepped it up, Mine is out for delivery today! From were you are to VA is 5-6 days UPS and this only took 4 days!!

Mike, your order is the norm for US shipments. :)

It was dropped off the morning of the 12th, traveled on it's merry way on the 13th, is out for delivery on the 14th. Awesome. If I'd been able to send it out the day you ordered, you'd be using it already. :)

UPS is a joke in my experience. I understand how it works but that doesn't mean I have to like it. "Oh, this package is 5 day delivery... Stick it in the warehouse until day 5." Literally, that is what seems to happen. USPS generally just gets it there as quick as possible.

I can just remember a few years back it taking atleast 2 weeks for USPS to get a package across the country.

I am really looking forward to getting all this hooked up and rolling, Going from a controller right to a Sim-Seat with a CSR elite wheel, club sport v2 pedals, TH8 (thanks to you), and triple 27's, Should be some fun times ahead!!

Back