The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Just drove the Viper GTS '02 and I noticed some ugly bits in the rear view mirror I think are new. Kinda spoils the car for me now.
They seem to be functionally reflective mirror but facing slightly different angles so stuff doesn't mesh up. Sometimes it'll be reflecting the same area as the rest of the mirror and you wont see it but it's rare. It's very eye catching :(
CAM01537_zps1b42fd29.jpg

there is also a 4th if you "turn your head"

CAM01536_zps01468221.jpg

A very minor bug in 1.10:

When viewing replays of Premium cars in Drivers Eye View, some replays will display the HUD dials in Drivers Eye View that you usually get with Normal View.

:boggled:

seems since 1.09(?) that my FordGT SpecII test car has a lot of trouble getting going in the pit lane. In fact at Laguna its a real problem because at the bottom it gets stuck for up to 10 sec before it gives me back control. I tried changing tranny and diff settings to no avail, including going back to default. I know its not just me cuz other friends tried their car with the same results.

Just drove the Viper GTS '02 and I noticed some ugly bits in the rear view mirror I think are new. Kinda spoils the car for me now.
They seem to be functionally reflective mirror but facing slightly different angles so stuff doesn't mesh up. Sometimes it'll be reflecting the same area as the rest of the mirror and you wont see it but it's rare. It's very eye catching :(
CAM01537_zps1b42fd29.jpg

there is also a 4th if you "turn your head"

CAM01536_zps01468221.jpg
saw that bug since gt5..

I've just merged and transferred ownership of this topic from @sems4arsenal to @KiroKai, who's done a great job of organizing a list of major current bugs in GT6 and wanted to maintain a similar topic. Better to keep it all in one thread, I think, than have separate topics floating about. Hope you don't mind, sems.

I've just merged and transferred ownership of this topic from @sems4arsenal to @KiroKai, who's done a great job of organizing a list of major current bugs in GT6 and wanted to maintain a similar topic. Better to keep it all in one thread, I think, than have separate topics floating about. Hope you don't mind, sems.

Not at all, I couldn't keep up the list by myself, Thanks for the help Kiro and Jordan :cheers:

Data Logger - wheel speed not correctly displayed when units are in miles.
Bug appeared when Data Logger introduced.
Work around switch to Km.
Version 1.10 seems to have resolved this.

Data Logger - wheel speed not correctly displayed when units are in miles.
Bug appeared when Data Logger introduced.
Work around switch to Km.
Version 1.10 seems to have resolved this.

I read this still appears when loading and comparing two ghost times, one is displayed in the correct unit but the other always appears in km. I can't find the post right now and haven't tested myself if it's fixed, I'll add it to my list of things to be checked and added soon(ish).

I spent some more time going through the car list checking if old issues of cars are still there, and most are. I've collected some, also had a look at threads here on GTP, and there's many minor things to report about a lot of cars. So I think it'll be better to create an extra post listing those cars and their individual issues, and linking to it in the OP. Otherwise the Cars section would turn into a mess.

My Graphics decided to have a Psychedelic dance party today. This was at Mount Panorama, at night, pitch black.
MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_zps8ec43927.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_1_zpsca092d8b.jpg

Glow in the dark wheels!
MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_2_zpscc7d88fb.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_4_zps7093f13d.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_5_zpsa3788515.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_6_zps50af30b0.jpg

IMG_20140812_164732961_HDR_zps4c94bfc2.jpg

I Took this with my phone, my graphics went nuts when i paused at this spot.

I did not edit any of these photos and did not use filters, this is what i was actually seeing! :odd:

Im not sure if anyone else has gotten this before, but this really was causing some eye strain, and Im not one to get eye strain.

My Graphics decided to have a Psychedelic dance party today. This was at Mount Panorama, at night, pitch black.

Glow in the dark wheels!

I did not edit any of these photos and did not use filters, this is what i was actually seeing! :odd:

Im not sure if anyone else has gotten this before, but this really was causing some eye strain, and Im not one to get eye strain.
giphy.gif

Glow in the dark wheels!

Drugs are bad, mmmmkay?

I don't know if anyone noticed, but there's poor glove modeling on your racing suit in the cockpit (Especially with Alpinestars themed suits). The textures look kinda wash out on the gloves and seems like there's no anti-aliasing on them.

Also, when driving the Bentley Speed 8, your gloves go through the wheel whenever it turns.

mini '11 interior
Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias (noche)_2.jpg
Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias (noche)_3.jpg

impossible to get that picture in a circuit at night.
Nürburgring Nordschleife_12.jpg

the interior on tracks has really low quality (has no interior lights textures etc).

the 300zx when i watch the car in photomode saw some rare things, i think the car has an rollcage when i look at that angle o.O
Nürburgring Nordschleife_13.jpg

but when i look it better...
Nürburgring Nordschleife_14.jpg
Nürburgring Nordschleife_11.jpg

the interior of the car is separated from the body....

heres another one the bmw m3 chrome line (i don't know if the normal version has the same problem)
Nürburgring Nordschleife_4.jpg
Nürburgring Nordschleife_2.jpg
Nürburgring Nordschleife_5.jpg
Nürburgring Nordschleife_3.jpg
Nürburgring Nordschleife_6.jpg
Nürburgring Nordschleife_7.jpg

mm this is..no comments..
Nürburgring Nordschleife_9.jpg
Nürburgring Nordschleife_8.jpg

sorry for the long post ppl but i have to share it..

I think that 'rollcage' is just what the top rests on, as the 300ZX is a convertible where you have to lift the roof off. (I might be wrong though)
the 300zx in gt6 is not the convertible you mean the targa roof but that is another thing this is just a simple bug

Not sure if this is the right place, but I see no alternative:

Using the Nissan GTR Proto ('05) in the Nürburg 24' race:

- the car has no interior, not even a blacked out one.
- entering the pits, you suddenly get the follow cam (in stead of the usual cockpit view)
- the headlights do work, but they shine up into the trees, not on the road.

- the car has no interior, not even a blacked out one.
- entering the pits, you suddenly get the follow cam (in stead of the usual cockpit view)
- the headlights do work, but they shine up into the trees, not on the road.
First is an actual thing in the game, the car really doesn't have an interior, it's not even specified in the dealership if I recall correctly. I think it says Interior: None, surely this kind of thing.
Second is connected with first, you get no cockpit cam because there isn't one C:

Third might actually bel a bug/glitch 👍

Third might actually bel a bug/glitch 👍
During Nürburg 24' races, starting halfway 3rd (and final lap), the headlights start flashing on and off all the time, combined with "flashing" HUD.
This happens with ALL cars I use (430 up to this moment).
It started some updates ago, don't really remember which one.

Might this be a bug too ?

It might be, there have been some reports of the flashing HUD, havent seen anything of the flashing headlights but I certainly think that that is a bug.

Glitch were when i try to hit start on Stage Route X it wont load the race or event. And then go to a different track and any time trials i try to run my ghost is then not present. Not on mini map nor behind me, until i restart the whole game. Will repeat if i continue to go to SRX.

^ I need this fixed by the way if anyone has a clue. Im stuck on first set of events due to not being able to do first license event.

I also experience the flashing HUD under many conditions, happens all the time. It's just a blink but it's annoying once you notice it. I believe it's not a placebo but I have yet to catch one of these moments on record.

Glitch were when i try to hit start on Stage Route X it wont load the race or event. And then go to a different track and any time trials i try to run my ghost is then not present. Not on mini map nor behind me, until i restart the whole game. Will repeat if i continue to go to SRX.

^ I need this fixed by the way if anyone has a clue. Im stuck on first set of events due to not being able to do first license event.

Sounds like your game data is damaged if it's reproducable and only affects this track. A reinstall should fix this, hopefully?

That said, browsing these forums there are dozens of reports about such issues, specific cars, events or tracks freeze the game or cause similar issues, and the usual suggested fix is a reinstall. GT6 game data seems to be damaged easily.

I wonder if the maximum steering lock issue with the DS3 will ever be addressed.
There really isn't much of it. At Indy Speedway with certain race cars such as the Corvette Z06 Race Car drivers with wheels can run the lap flat out without lifting, but with the controller it is not possible. That's with racing medium tires as well.

Is anyone having sound problems at Sierra? I was in a lobby, left the pit and there were no car sounds at all, the menu sounds were still there. I had to leave the lobby as it didn't sort itself out.

In a new room it was fine, I did a lap and entered the pits. When I left the pits again I had no tyre sound but it sorted itself out about 2 mins into the track. The next time I left the pit it happened again and didn't sort itself out :grumpy:

Two of the more noticible things I found was experiencing significant frame skipping on Sierra, often for a good second and the lighting on bathurst is downright broken since the latest update

Back