The Complete Hybriding Guide For Gran Turismo 4.

• Thread starter Playguy
  • 117 comments
Uhhh.....which patch? Can you give me a link please? :)
Never mind.....found it already...*sigh*

Well i got the game to start (yay! :D) but now i can't get the memory card loading (boo! :grumpy:) Well how can i load the memory card? I already put the lotsofmoneygt4backup memory in folder\PCSX2_0.9.2_Files\memcards, but it won't load. When the game starts, it says "there is no GT4 memory...bla,bla,bla" but when i check at the Browser, the GT4 memory appears! What the 🤬!!! I guess i can't do hybrid after all...... :(

Oh yeah, i can't even press right a the purchase car screen :mad:

mnm_bmx, relax!

First off, visit the settings menu for PCSx2. In "Memory Cards", pick that lotsofmoneygt4backup as your first memory card. Job one: Finished.

Second: The purchase-car screen is agonizingly slow. Just wait a while, since it's tough for the computer to draw the whole car.

Okay, did the first step. Still the memory card didn't load. And how am i supposed to configure the memcard setting? Tried to copy and paste the memory (nothing happened) but is there supposed to be something in the box "memory card 1"?

Second step. Tried waiting for half an hour, still i can't press right to buy a car. :guilty: How long am i supposed to wait? I'm getting around 1-1.5 fps average, so is that really bad?

Okay, did the first step. Still the memory card didn't load. And how am i supposed to configure the memcard setting? Tried to copy and paste the memory (nothing happened) but is there supposed to be something in the box "memory card 1"?

Second step. Tried waiting for half an hour, still i can't press right to buy a car. :guilty: How long am i supposed to wait? I'm getting around 1-1.5 fps average, so is that really bad?

You're using NTSC I assume? That's why. The memory card supplied is a PAL save which won't work.

PM me your e-mail and I'll send you an NTSC stock save if you need one. No hybrids. Just stock. It should get you through the video.

You're using NTSC I assume? That's why. The memory card supplied is a PAL save which won't work.

PM me your e-mail and I'll send you an NTSC stock save if you need one. No hybrids. Just stock. It should get you through the video.

Well thanks for the reply, but i already gave up a long time ago. I guess i'm not cut out for these things..... :guilty:

I'll throw my findings here since it'll be most usefull for others.

How to Create Multiple Hybrids on a savegame (NTSC Version, others... just change the addresses). This method came by Speed Drifter, thnx.

You need the following:
-pcsx2 w/ gt4 running (patched and everything)
-mymc (program for exporting/importing pcsx2 memory card save to .max)
-phaste english 1.20
-PS2 Save Builder (to convert .max to something else if you need to)

METHOD 1 - if you're starting fresh (aka no save):
-start pcsx2 w/ gt4, buy a car BUT DO NOT ENTER. (thats the key, only use the real PS2 to change cars). save the game.
-use mymc to extract the gt4 savegame from your pcsx2 memory card
-if you need to convert the .max to something else
-import the save to your PS2 memory card
-enter the car
-save on the PS2
-export savegame
-load up pcsx2 (no cd), go to browser and delete the gt4 game data on there
-use mymc to import the PS2 savegame to PCSX2
-load up pcsx2 w/ gt4, and phaste
-once you get to the garage screen, press start. you should go to setting screen
-in phaste, hit snap pcsx2
-go to enter some codes in the Xploder code check section (I'll give ya some for starters)
First 3 lines: different engine for each setup (A,B,C) 4-rotor, tom's supra v8, and 350z v6, next 3 lines: Denso Supra suspension for setup (A,B,C).
Code:
10A18888 0663
10A18A00 060F
10A18B78 0958
10A188A0 0F4E
10A18A18 0F4E
10A18B90 0F4E
-go back to pcsx2, if you click to seting B, C, A, you should see the HP is different.
-exit out of that menu, go back to home and save. and then exit pcsx2
-use mymc to extract the gt4 savegame, put it on your PS2 memory card
-the car should reflect the new engine, for the suspension to work; go into the setting screen and it should say "STANDARD" suspension, click on the wrench configure next to it, should show 45mm height, change the spring rates, etc... and then hit ok. now the car should reflect the height + suspension.
-PS. the above is also true for transmissions, it might show "STANDARD" but click configure and adjust the auto first then it should show all available gears.
-Ok, you have finally made your first hybrid... the long way!

METHOD 2 - If you alread have a ps2 .max savegame or want to make more hybrids.
-On your PS2, select the car you want to hybrid and select and save the game.
-get your ps2 savegame onto your PC
-use pcsx2 to delete any existing GT4 savegame on that memory card
-run mymc and import the savegame to your pcsx2 memcard
-run pcsx2 (w/ gt4) and phaste
-as soon as the home screen w/ the selected car shows up press start (shortcut to setting menu)
-enter the code in phaste (remember snap pcsx2 first!)
-go back to pcsx2, click the diff. settings and see if anything worked (hp-wise)
-exit menu, save game
-run mymc to export the .max savegame
-put the freshly exported savegame on your ps2 and repeat.
-you should now have more than 1 fuctional hybrid!! congrats, get yours a beer!!!

If None Of This Makes Any Sense Still (Read This Anyway):
Here's my setup;
pcsx2 folder
|___________mymc folder
|___________memcards folder
|___________ps2 save builder folder (if you need to convert savegames)

re: mymc, yes its command line no gui text based program... I made 2 batch files that will save your day; keep in mind that, when you export and import, the filenames will be BASCUS-97328GAMEDATA.max (game name, NTSC ver)

import.bat
Code:
@echo off
mymc ..\memcards\mcd001.ps2 import BASCUS-97328GAMEDATA.max
^that will work if you have BASCUS-97328GAMEDATA.max in your mymc folder, and you're using the 1st memory card in pcsx2 (default)

export.bat
Code:
@echo off
del BASCUS-97328GAMEDATA.max
mymc ..\memcards\mcd001.ps2 export -m BASCUS-97328GAMEDATA
^that will remove any existing .max file, and generate a new one from your pcsx2, export -m makes a .max file, the BASCUS-97328GAMEDATA is the directory name of your gt4 save (PAL and other versions are different).

You can get code values from Sucahyo's site (linked on first post here). Or use teknogeek1300's apps made SPECIFICALLY for generating usable Phaste code (prefered method).

NTSC (v2?) Address examples
Code:
Engine Addresses
(setupA) A18888
(setupB) A18A00
(setupC) A18B78

Transmission Address
(setupA) A18898
(setupB) A18A10
(setupC) A18B88

Suspension Address
(setupA) A188A0
(setupB) A18A18
(setupC) A18B90

Chassis Address
(setupA) A18880
(setupB) A189F8
(setupC) A18B70

Drivetrain Address
(setupA) A18890
(setupB) A18A08
(setupC) A18B80

LSD Address
(setupA) A188A8
(setupB) A18A20
(setupC) A18B98

PHASTE Code Examples (NTSC V2)
Example for setting 4-Rotor 787B Engine in setups a, b, c

Code:
10A18888 0663
10A18A00 0663
10A18B78 0663

Example for setting 7-Speed Tranny for setups a, b, c

Code:
10A18898 0E06
10A18A10 0E06
10A18B88 0E06

Example of putting full AWD into any car (just about). Using 1st 3 lines of code; R34 AWD W/ VCD lines 4-6; R34 adjustable LSD (F/R wheels)
Code:
10A18890 0A71 / Drivetrain... R34 w/ VCD equipd
10A18A08 0A71 / setup b
10A18B80 0A71 / setup c
10A188A8 1C0B / LSD... full customize from R34
10A18A20 1C0B / setup b
10A18B98 1C0B / setup c

Scythe, your method may well be also usable on PAL, and if so, it's the second-to-last step to hybriding perfection.

Scythe, your method may well be also usable on PAL, and if so, it's the second-to-last step to hybriding perfection.

It would be usable in all methods actually, just change your addresses to reflect PAL addresses (you can use the ones off of sucahyo's site directly for PHASTE with PAL Hybridding). Speed Drifter actually suggested the method as the sure fire way to get multiple functional hybrids, I just made this quick write up on my findings.

-l8r

Too bad gt4 resets the cars when you purchase them btwn memory cards, but I can live with that (lol, means my hybrids stay on my memory card ). If we were able to do that then hybridding gt4 would be perfect lol.

-l8r

I can't figure out how to test these hybrids.
I've tried the "gameshark way", and the "phaste way" with no luck.
I can see the changes made to the cars, but every time I go to test them out on a track, I lock up while loading the course.(on the PS2)
I'm tryng all this with the NTSC version.
I can't even test your hybrids in your sig Death Scythe.

I'm having trouble downloading the "GT4 bundle."
Could someone rehost it to Filefront or something?

Yeah, same here. I can't get GT4 to run on PCSX2. I've tried the 0.8.4 and 0.8.1. And it crashes after the second notice. (just before it enters the interface)

Could someone clear spomething up for me,

to do a hybrid using AR MAX, do i just type in the codes like normal, e.g.

Brakes GT-One (TS020):
AJHGSJHBGJH...

like that, for each part?

thanks, if my pc loads the page with codes fast enough, i'll test it out.

Do i type engine, transmission, etc as separate codes or as a group?

Is There A Program on here that i can use to extract a ps2 memorycards save game files like the gt4 extractor program but for gt3 or somethin ?

has anybody an code for an viper engine and a viper muffler? because i will make a spoon civic with viper engine and vipersound. and are there any codes for fr or awd because the spoon is an ff, thats why he is in corners not very good

ps. my english isn´t so good because i´m from germany

Street Racer 77, i answered you in another post (about best turbo) and Codingasm, You can buy a MAX DRIVE with AR Max, to transfer game saves to USB, and then to your pc.

Can somebody help me out, I have every thing needed to hybrid PCXS, PHATE, AR Max Evo....my probblem is 1 when i run GT4 in PCXS and try to snap PHASTE i get It is not possible to catch it
phasteerror.jpg

also when i export my game save NTSC to the USB max drive/pen drive i am on able to transfer it back to my memory card, the max drive comes up blank, i have checked the "lock" switch and it is in the open position, and when i check the max drive on my laptop i see a folder name BASCUS-97328GAMEDATA with like 4 files in it...how do i get them to read back to my memory card?

EDIT....March 30th
OK i got PHASTE to snap to PCXS.....all good, but for some reason the phaste codes are not working for me, i followed the tutorial to the "T" but im not seeing result, just doing a minor hybrid (engine swap) can someone give me the NTCS PHASTE codes please....

Also i was able to get the PS Savetool builder to correct the max drive issue (kinda sucks to have to build my saves over and over againg when i export em)

I am happy to say i am the proud father of a GT4 HYBRID thanks to all u guys for all the help via PM.....just need some suspension codes and im good until i get into some serious hybrids

This may be a little off topic but is there a way to hex edit a save (I have a PS3 so I can get the save on my PC and edit it) to where you can change cars, edit credits, etc.?

That wasn't so off topic actually, because the main reason GT4 hybriding is so complicated is because the game saves are encrypted :(

The only way to hex edit your saves is to run the game on an emulator, load your save and then hex edit the game memory via memory editor. that's the way I'm doing my hybrids :)

i was wondering if we could get a re-up of the Tools.rar file and maybe a guide to get the emulator working. Been stuck trying to get my GT4 working but the emulator is being a big pain in the butt at the moment.

I've been up all night tonight so maybe I'm jus tnot noticing something,

any chance I can frig around with GT4 on my PS2 just buy screwing with the save file, as in using like my MaxDrive sticking the save onto my laptop, then screwing with it...

I've been up trying to screw with my GT2 game I have on psxfin v1.13, plus i had too much coffee

I apologize for any wasted time caused lol

Latest Posts

Back