The Complete Hybriding Guide For Gran Turismo 4.

• Thread starter Playguy
  • 117 comments
Um I'm still somewhat overwhelmed with the directions, plus I CAN NOT run GT4 on my laptop, so I've experemented with some stuff

I used my Max Drive to pull my save file from my PS2, then used "PS2 Save BUilder" to export the garage file and Game file which I can now play with using Hex Editor.....

But Suddenly I'm overwhelmed again......

lovemadden.jpg

Can you see why, (plus notice my Madden joke)

but I'm figuring there could be an easier way of Hybriding if someone who's goo with Hex can play with H.E. like I did, But I'm lost at this point, though I've managed to get some of the cars to spaz out in GT4 by screwing witht he code alot................

urgh... none of these programs work on my laptop(i blame TOSHIBA), and i really want to get into hybridding!! plz tell me what to do, because i don't now how to install any of these programs, what to do with them(and don't tell me to use pcsx2, it won't work on my laptop...EVER... i probably have better luck putting together an addressable fire alarm system together and getting it right the first time!... eh, sorry, fire alarm joke[not that funny]...), or which codes to use where(sorry if the messages i put in parentheses are long, i tend to forget where i'm typing... it comes with the "horrible case of A.D.D." package).

You better forget about hex editing the save, it just won't work..
the garage file is encrypted in multiple ways: each car is coded with a fixed key, while the whole garage file is encrypted with a key that changes each time you save the game.
Not to mention I've found at least two checksums for each car and for the garage itself :(

Confirmed:
The value we've been calling "grip" for a long time, is actually a suspension stroke length.
I have verified that having a low value for it translates into a long damper travel. Entering FF will usually immobilize your car because it means your car will have zero suspension travel.

Last edited:
ok, i finally got PHAST, PCSX2, and PS2 Save Builder on my custom PC at home. if anyone can help, i need the NTSC codes for a few things:

nike one
skyline gtr r32 engine, exhaust, suspension, chassis, and (if possible) F1 transmission

I just had a go at doing these hybrids after a bit of tinkering I managed to make my PCSX2 react and do the modification to my PAL save.
Successful sure, however the problems start when I go from getting it from my PC to the PS2, somewhere along the way the modifications I make disappear!

However if I load the save in the emulator the changes are still there!

What method you're using to transfer the save? Just double check everything, if the save really gets transferred the modifications should work every time

I am using mymc an Alpha version to transfer it out of the PCSX2 memory card and into a .max which I then use my AR MAX to transfer to my PS2.
I just tried removing the previous save and uploading the exported MAX save back into the emulator and the changes are still there.
But as soon as ARMAX gets a hold of it, it disappears?

unfortunately I don't have ARMAX myself.. but try deleting the save from your memory card and then transferring the new save.
Also it's possible that mymc creates broken .max files, have you tried creating the .max with Ps2SaveBuilder?
First, extract the four GT4 files from your PCSX2 save and then merge them into a .max file with the savebuilder

I doubt the save of the .Max gets broken, as what I did was take it off the PCSX2 card with Mymc, removed the original on the card and put it back in there and the modifications were there.
I have also tried removing the original GT4 save on the memory card, which after all haven't contained one until I put one there.

Which way do you use then? My PS2 is armed with a modchip so I have direct access to the files on the memory card from its browser (Toxic OS) if that may be of any help.

Ok, so i stupidly thought i would give this hybriding a go, being well aware that it wasnt gonna be easy to do and that i would probably get frustrated, but ready for the challenge... 2 days later and still without even having got the Bios from my PS2, and having gone through dozens of forums which have explained various things, but with me unable to link everything up to get the whole idea to work, im giving up! for now at least anyway, lol. I truly salute the guys that have managed to achieve so much on here! I would appreciate any help i can get, and i think that once i had got to the stage where i can use this forum guide, i will be ok. But if anyone knows how to get to the situation where i can use this guide, basicly setting all my stuff up, lol, then that would be amazingly generous and cosiderate of you, and really helpful for me, lol. Heres hoping...

Mephi x

The BIOS is illegal to download, so i can't say where to get one, but it is possible. Then you have to get the plugins and have a half-decent PC. I think that's about it.

Ok...for those who made a lot of headway so far with the hybrids.....
I have GT4 NTSC version and Gameshark V5, and I also have the MaxConverter...I need the code for downforce (preferably from one of the race cars like 787B) and the code for any one of the spoilers specifically from the Ford Focus RS or one of the station wagons, and the code for Brakes from an F1 race car
Check out the following link to see pics of some of the hybrid cars that I've created so far:
http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/...129&highlight=

Last edited:
Thanks Thiele! I had a few more goes to no avail, so im gonna go down the ARMAX evo route, which seems a bit more expensive and slower, but its gonna save me a whole load of time and stress at getting it done, haha! I'll post again if i a, get it to work at last and b, come up with any good hybrids...

Mephi

I'm playing Gran Turismo 4 using the game shark 2 v1.3 to get hybrid cars where do i go to get hybrid codes for it that would work with the game shark b4 i go :ouch:

i wnna ask, i use the ar max code, to change the engine to f1 engine.. but why the game crashed??

and what is the most powerful engine code i can use on any car without crashing the game??

im new here, so thanks a lot..

sorry for bad english.. im from indonesia.. :)

i wnna ask, i use the ar max code, to change the engine to f1 engine.. but why the game crashed??

and what is the most powerful engine code i can use on any car without crashing the game??

im new here, so thanks a lot..

sorry for bad english.. im from indonesia.. :)

Genuinely bad English is fine, however, knowing enough English to post in "txt slang" and then expecting us to overlook it isn't. "I" is capitalised, "want to" is 2 separate words. Check out our rules for posting before continuing. Thanks.

When you say , the cars you select , does that mean the car your driving , because ive been doing that and putting in the codes and nothing is working ? for armax.

Indeed, same for every file related to hybridding. Problem is... the guys who made them haven't been on this forum in a while. Tried to contact them, and failed.

Indeed, same for every file related to hybridding. Problem is... the guys who made them haven't been on this forum in a while. Tried to contact them, and failed.

I found some NTSC .xls files, I believe i got them from Speed Drifter. I uploaded some stuff also w/ Austin (he wrote an app, we all tested it a WHIIILE back).

I was just looking for this stuff, since i'll take a crack @ GT PSP w/ cwcheats and see if its possible to make sum hybrids (psp version :))

I found some NTSC .xls files, I believe i got them from Speed Drifter. I uploaded some stuff also w/ Austin (he wrote an app, we all tested it a WHIIILE back).

I was just looking for this stuff, since i'll take a crack @ GT PSP w/ cwcheats and see if its possible to make sum hybrids (psp version :))

ofcourse, i forgot to upload them lol; Here ya go, don't think anybody will mind since it'll help us all out!

Attachments

• ntsc locations.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 125
  • ntsc locations2.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
:bowdown: Nice! :D by the way, how can I view the files? I've unziped them both, but still can't read them. :confused:

get a .xls viewer online from M$ for free I believe. download openoffice, or get some freeware spreadsheet viewer. should work. I'm installing office right now so I can load em up, might be usefull for psp hybriding also (who knows)!

EDIT: Basically, find a Excel spreadsheet viewer and ur set.

get a .xls viewer online from M$ for free I believe. download openoffice, or get some freeware spreadsheet viewer. should work. I'm installing office right now so I can load em up, might be usefull for psp hybriding also (who knows)!

'You are', not 'ur'.

The AUP makes it quite clear that text speak is not permitted here at GT Planet, please don't use it again; and please don't double post either, I have merged the two together, but in future use the edit tool.

Thanks

Scaff

Got myself an Excel spreadsheet viewer, but it still doesn't work. Once unzipped, the format of the file is unknown. What was the original format of these files?

Back