The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I'd love to try and get into the console beta when it comes out. It's about time.

EDIT: Registered for the PS4 beta. Now the waiting begins to see if I'm selected.

Last edited:
I really want to play this game but I have some doubts about it:

- I don't like it will run both Uplay and Steam (got PC), even if there sholdn't be any performances problem;
- I think 64.99€ for Gold Edition it's quite high, but I also saw that it's in a 10€ sale, maybe because the upgrade to Limited Edition it's free untill 25th. You think it's good to buy it now with only 10€ save, play the beta and have it for release or hope that Gold Edition will stay there and wait winter sales to save another 10€?

I really want to play this game but I have some doubts about it:

- I don't like it will run both Uplay and Steam (got PC), even if there sholdn't be any performances problem;
- I think 64.99€ for Gold Edition it's quite high, but I also saw that it's in a 10€ sale, maybe because the upgrade to Limited Edition it's free untill 25th. You think it's good to buy it now with only 10€ save, play the beta and have it for release or hope that Gold Edition will stay there and wait winter sales to save another 10€?

It has to run Uplay, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to run Steam; you can buy it on Uplay and launch it from the Uplay client without Steam. The Steam version comes with Uplay because that's Ubisoft's own DRM. Honestly it's not really a big deal, the bigger annoyance (which may have since been solved) is that some Ubisoft games you buy on Steam use their own Uplay client and if you install Uplay separately they won't show up in there alongside your other Uplay games.

As for the price, Ubisoft tend to be quite strict with their prices. There was a key reseller selling the standard edition for like £22 but I think the discount code has expired (this was like two weeks ago), here's the Savygamer post about it.

Edit: The code still works, it drops the price to €31.03.

Well, already play it on PC, and while good, Uplay simply killed for me.

Here I'm hoping a better prospect for the PS4 beta. I hope they tweak some of the issues with online sessions, and hopefully an offline mode, and 1080p 60 fps, and customer soundtrack because it 's soundtrack sucks a bit (though I respect them for adding a classical music station).

They seem to have borrowed the vista point idea and hidden wrecks from Fuel. That did add quite a bit to that game, making exploring more fun.

My beta key is actually a month old. Can it still work though?

Taken from this article:
All keys sent for the first Closed Beta that haven’t been redeemed on Uplay PC, and thus never activated, will not give access to the second Closed Beta.
So it sounds like unredeemed codes originally sent out for the first beta cannot be redeemed for the second beta.

Here I'm hoping a better prospect for the PS4 beta. I hope they tweak some of the issues with online sessions, and hopefully an offline mode, and 1080p 60 fps, and customer soundtrack because it 's soundtrack sucks a bit (though I respect them for adding a classical music station).

1080p, 30fps for PS4/Xbox One

It won't be offline as it is an MMO. As far as custom soundtracks go at the moment, you can customise your own playlist. Whether that's just for in-game or not, we'll find out later.

Source: http://blog.ubi.com/the-crew-collision-detection-customization-car-radios-community-questions/

Apparently, the PC Beta is already up. Or i'm going crazy.

*edit* I'm not going crazy. Hooray!
*edit2* AND we can still broadcast to Twitch! Maximum Hooray!

Last edited:
Got my beta key! Just remembered about it, checked my emails, and there it was! :D

Downloading it now...

Anyone have any tips for fixing the atrocious driving physics? The steering is so unresponsive and unpredictable it's completely ruining any and all enjoyment the stunning world can offer.

The gist of my problem is the steering is completely unpredictable, sometimes it feels fine and passable then suddenly it's veering wildly from the slightest tap, then others the steering isn't responding at all.

I've tried so many combinations of settings and I've got it to a state where it's somewhat tolerable but it's far from enjoyable.

Anyone else experiencing this? as far as I can tell I'm the only one having these issues because nobody else seems to be complaining about it - my mate tried it on my PC and had the exact same complaints.

Me too, please mention in a reply which one you have used so people don't waste time trying to use used keys ;)

CLNG-AYVM-9L4E-QP83
6AH7-QANB-D8NH-MMH3
C4UG-KURD-XCRQ-LG93

I won't be playing the beta much but I am looking forward to the full release!

As for people with handling complaints, I remember maxing out one of the sensitivities, leaving steering linearity as default, so prob either speed sensitivity or general sensitivity. Anyway, the key to making the game feel good (great actually) was maxing out something with the sensitivities.... I'll see later if I can find out exactly what I did... :/

But yeah the standard settings were pretty terrible for gamepads at least, but it's not anything inherent with the handling model, it's actually very good when you manage to tune out the instability at speed!

Just to recap:

Linearity: Default
Speed Sensitivity: Max or Min (But fairly sure it was max)
General Sensitivity:Max or Min (But fairly sure it was min)

Anyway, try both combos of max in one, min in the other. I may have mixed one up, hence the indecisiveness.

If they want this game to be successful, they absolutely have to make the default settings just like the ones I found, they were perfect! The default ones are TERRIBLE!

Last edited:
This is my gameplay, first 35 minutes driving with broken DFGT (no FFB) in hardcore mode (simcade-like), manual sequential gearbox. Graphic maxed out but recorded with Shadowplay in low quality for smaller size, as here in Italy we got bad connections, and still it took 10+ hours to upload (3.5GB).

Me too, please mention in a reply which one you have used so people don't waste time trying to use used keys ;)

CLNG-AYVM-9L4E-QP83
6AH7-QANB-D8NH-MMH3
C4UG-KURD-XCRQ-LG93 - Activated

I claimed one, took the last one incase the others were taken.

Thanks 👍

Been intrigued to try this for a while now, did try to access the beta myself but unfortunately I didn't receive a code for either round. Concerned about the physics from what I hear but it's always better to experience first hand rather than be told.

Anyone else experiencing this? as far as I can tell I'm the only one having these issues because nobody else seems to be complaining about it - my mate tried it on my PC and had the exact same complaints.

I can't say i'm having this issue. Though to be fair, i'm using a controller so that might alleviate some issues. Why not try changing the driving handling mode from something like Simulation/Hardcore to something with more assists? Would that help?

Anyone have any tips for fixing the atrocious driving physics? The steering is so unresponsive and unpredictable it's completely ruining any and all enjoyment the stunning world can offer.

The gist of my problem is the steering is completely unpredictable, sometimes it feels fine and passable then suddenly it's veering wildly from the slightest tap, then others the steering isn't responding at all.

I've tried so many combinations of settings and I've got it to a state where it's somewhat tolerable but it's far from enjoyable.

Is it a deadzone issue? Linearity maybe? I'm re-downloading the beta now so if it's still open when the download is done I'll see if I can have a poke around. What controller are you using?

Got 2 codes if anyone wants one. I know theres only until Friday to try it but worth a go anyway. PM if you want one.

Back