The Damage Thread - Best Buy Demo, Now Thats More Like It!

• Thread starter Robin
  • 3,122 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The new Gamescom Subaru damage pics start on page 12 of this thread...

Very first damage image shown at E3 2009....

gt5damage.jpg

Last edited:
What??? Where did you get that from? Source please and more pics!

Chris

I screencapped it from the live presentation... in addition to this we have..

The WRC Licence
The Nascar Licence
A new Italian Track (forgot the name)
Potential Road Racing

:crazy:

Robin.

ERM .... I was watching and thought it was showing DIRT 2 and a new Nascar game, BUT IT SAID GT5 at end of trailer..... talked about the whole 10 year thing and then went straght to God of war, WTF just happened?

Nice work on the screenshot, Robin... I didn't even see it, let alone capture it!

The dusk shot of the Le Mans cars was gorgeous, and overall it is typical PD... mysterious and teasing us right to the end, but hey, atleast GT5 made an appearance!

Nice work on the screenshot, Robin... I didn't even see it, let alone capture it!

Thanks, when I saw the Impreza loose control in the video I thought gosh its going to crash... finger quicky jumped to the print screen button ;)

Robin.

I'm worried damage will only make an appearance during the rally courses....only one car to render means damage can be rendered properly, which may not be possible on a track full of cars.

I hope it's implemented properly though.

The trailer was awesome, can't wait to play GT5. but we need more official info about the game. E3 is not over yet so I guess we will have to wait and see.
It revealed damage so this means no more threads about damage or no damage in GT5:sly:

When watching the 720P video form the GT website, if you go frame by frame you can see that the damage to the WRC WRX was caused by a poor landing on the front end. This bodes well for how accurate the damage model may be. This was a "slight" bump to the front after the jump. You can see that the engine looks to have been modeled as well. also notice the dust buildup and paint scuffs/scratches. I wonder what sort of damage a decent collision would induce......

When watching the 720P video form the GT website, if you go frame by frame you can see that the damage to the WRC WRX was caused by a poor landing on the front end. This bodes well for how accurate the damage model may be. This was a "slight" bump to the front after the jump. You can see that the engine looks to have been modeled as well. also notice the dust buildup and paint scuffs/scratches. I wonder what sort of damage a decent collision would induce......

I noticed the scratches too. The fact that they appear even through a layer of dirt in all the right places shows just how much detail the damage model appears to go into. It's stunning to look at.

HD Trailer at the official site! There is even tire deformation.

I saw this as well. If you go frame by frame it is hard to say if the tire is actually deforming or just a glitch where the tire is actually going through the surface of the track.

I really hope the conditions are variable, real time weather & lighting changes in enduros would be amazing!

Looked more like a drag race to me... 💡

If you look closely, there is a slight uphill section (maybe because of the low camera angle?). I don't think there would be uphill drag racing. Is it possible that this is a ALMS (American Lemans) track?

If you look closely, there is a slight uphill section (maybe because of the low camera angle?). I don't think there would be uphill drag racing. Is it possible that this is a ALMS (American Lemans) track?
This side-conversation has a lot to do with damage, right? :rolleyes:

Whoopdedo! I realy want car danmage and I want it to be as real as possible. No Wait I rather go out and buy a real car and get a life.

Whoopdedo! I realy want car danmage and I want it to be as real as possible. No Wait I rather go out and buy a real car and get a life.

You can afford a real LeMans and WRC car then can you?

Back