The Damage Thread - Best Buy Demo, Now Thats More Like It!

• Thread starter Robin
  • 3,122 comments
I'm worried damage will only make an appearance during the rally courses....only one car to render means damage can be rendered properly, which may not be possible on a track full of cars.

I hope it's implemented properly though.

Oh snap. That's painfully plausible... I dislike you immensely. Sorry.

You can afford a real LeMans and WRC car then can you?

dont need to. a normal every day car is good enough for me. I dont care about damage in Gran Turismo. I actually see it as a problem if private rooms isnt in gran turismo 5.

I'm worried damage will only make an appearance during the rally courses....only one car to render means damage can be rendered properly, which may not be possible on a track full of cars.

I hope it's implemented properly though.
Good point, I guess we just have to hope they put the effort in to render good quality damage for all cars. I guess it's a case of damage on certain races = higher quality vs damage on all races, but without quite so much detail.

Bit better picture of damage.

Damage.jpg

well how disappointing, yeah sure this shows me how great GT5 will be.

But that is the problem I already know how great GT5 will be and the gt5 prologue already is, but damn I wanted something that proves to me that they are nearly finished (gameplay with crashs would be good for the start) and not this cgi Trailer.

This really isn´t looking like we will see GT5 in the near future. Definitely not 2009 and with some luck we get it 2010. :(

Watching the trailer, the Corvette Tuned hits the barrier, still looks arcade like hit and theres no damage after.... as someone has mentioned before we could see WRC damage only..

Here are frame by frame screencaps I have just done from the higher res trailer. :)

It allows you do see the beautiful damage modelling, slight scuffs dents and scratches. Theres subtile body deformation and bare metal where the paint has cracked / split as the metal bent.

You can also see how accurate the dirt and dust on the car is. It really is a sight to see! :crazy:

gt5damagerobin1.jpg

gt5damagerobin2.jpg

gt5damagerobin3.jpg

gt5damagerobin4.jpg

gt5damagerobin5.jpg

gt5damagerobin6.jpg

gt5damagerobin7.jpg

gt5damagerobin8.jpg

gt5damagerobin9.jpg

Robin.

The title of the trailer worries me to say the least.

I can only hope the damage has already been implemented in stead of just a few shots showing what they HOPE it will be like. Also I wonder how much it cost PD to get Nascar and what not since PD get the cars I think I am correct in saying for free?

I really can't imagine PD only including damage on single car races. All of they're work shows amazing quality, I don't think they would let that slip.

Doesnt have to be, its just the livery :)

Yes but in GT4 all the rally cars would have the logo of a track on their side which they were racing on. Seeing as there is no such real world event or logo im pretty sure it will be a track in the game.

Robin.

Its one damage shot... how do we know if every time the WRX gets damge it wont look like this? And its only Rally Cars. They didnt let us see Jeff Gordons car after hitting the wall.... only damage in rally. And we wont get to play this for a long time... Im rather disappointed, but at least Ill restrain from buying an X Box now.

Yes but in GT4 all the rally cars would have the logo of a track on their side which they were racing on. Seeing as there is no such real world event or logo im pretty sure it will be a track in the game.

Robin.

Ah, didnt know that :)

When watching the 720P video form the GT website, if you go frame by frame you can see that the damage to the WRC WRX was caused by a poor landing on the front end. This bodes well for how accurate the damage model may be. This was a "slight" bump to the front after the jump. You can see that the engine looks to have been modeled as well. also notice the dust buildup and paint scuffs/scratches. I wonder what sort of damage a decent collision would induce......

yes, GT5P also has modeled all the insides of the cars, sometimes you can see the suspension if you spun out and then watch the replay.

Another thing to notice is the name of the driver, Petter sohlberg last drove for subaru in 2008, could this mean the cut off date for data capture on cars is last year. Prodrive and subaru have campaigned a car once this year for Marcus Gronholm

The detail looks incredible, as to be expected, but the track is way to wide for a rally stage.

I stand corrected on my previous statment about the Japan Rally.

It is a real event (obviously added reciently) which means that we might see some stages from the rally in the game! :)

Robin.

Back