The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
I will probably be up for a meet this evening (1pm EST = 6pm BST, so is evening for me) :D

@Charlie A you can use voice chat with/without mic, just start the chat, as you have a mic, just mute it, we won't be able to hear you, so you will have to type, but will be able to hear anyone that does have a mic (me) :lol: :D

I might come on. Depends how my knee feels. I'm doing 5 races in a row on GT6 at mid day today though so it'll probably be quite sore.

I will probably be up for a meet this evening (1pm EST = 6pm BST, so is evening for me) :D

@Charlie A you can use voice chat with/without mic, just start the chat, as you have a mic, just mute it, we won't be able to hear you, so you will have to type, but will be able to hear anyone that does have a mic (me) :lol: :D
I guess so.

Actually, I can mute you guys and do text chat. IF you have a question, I will have to stop a lot to press shift+tab :lol:

Sorry for double post @Dean ...

gPs3V.jpg

@P1K3Y_M1k3Y brought up a really good idea. What if we all bought garages in the same city so when we meet up online we can all fast travel there and go from there. This would eliminate the cross continent travel just to meet up. Him, and myself have a garage in Praha Czech Republic, and it's in the middle so everything is accessible from there. So if anyone wants to buy another garage, you should buy that one so we can meet up and have cruises a lot easier.

I also got ETS 2 with Bundle Star for for $10. I've played for an hour or two and I'm definitely enjoying it. What mods would you guys recommend?

I also got ETS 2 with Bundle Star for for $10. I've played for an hour or two and I'm definitely enjoying it. What mods would you guys recommend?
Promods Scandinavia map extension is really good. Also get the Going East DLC if you dont mind spending a bit more.

Jazzycat's mods are very good, adding a huge variety of cargo and real companies.

Pretty much every mod (except Promods) is available here http://ets2.lt/

A lot of mods that add new trucks and new tuning parts can cause FPS drops, but that isn't a problem for those on high end PCs.

Last edited:
Promods Scandinavia map extension is really good. Also get the Going East DLC if you dont mind spending a bit more.

Jazzycat's mods are very good, adding a huge variety of cargo and real companies.

Pretty much every mod (execept Promods) is available here http://ets2.lt/

A lot of mods that add new trucks and new tuning parts can cause FPS drops, but that isn't a problem for those on high end PCs.

It's a problem for me on my little weak laptop. :nervous: :banghead:

I'm really getting into this game, though I still haven't managed to get truck mods working, I'll give it another try tomorrow.

A few questions:

1. Can anyone point me to a very good trailer pack? The one that I downloaded (Trailers and Cargo pack by Jazzycat) isn't bad, but its a bit weird seeing John Deere and UPS trailers in Russia.

2. When you mod trucks into the game, are they supposed to show up in traffic as well?

3. Do you guys use realistic fuel consumption? I turned it on and only used about 1/8th of a tank on a 650km run, which seemed a bit...weird to me, especially as the game said I used up over 200 liters of fuel (which is weird on its own right, 200 liters for a 650km drive?)

I'm really getting into this game, though I still haven't managed to get truck mods working, I'll give it another try tomorrow.

A few questions:

1. Can anyone point me to a very good trailer pack? The one that I downloaded (Trailers and Cargo pack by Jazzycat) isn't bad, but its a bit weird seeing John Deere and UPS trailers in Russia.

2. When you mod trucks into the game, are they supposed to show up in traffic as well?

3. Do you guys use realistic fuel consumption? I turned it on and only used about 1/8th of a tank on a 650km run, which seemed a bit...weird to me, especially as the game said I used up over 200 liters of fuel (which is weird on its own right, 200 liters for a 650km drive?)
You wont find anything better than Jazzycat's pack I'm afraid. All other packs like it have the same problem of companies and cargo in weird places.

Sometimes modded trucks are in traffic, it usually says in the mod description if new trucks are in the traffic.

I use it, your figures seem normal. You got 30.77L/100km, which is pretty good with a trailer. Remember that trucks have huge tanks and a very long range.

Same here, there are a lot of mods that I can't run.

Plus, I run on the lowest graphic setting to avoid lag. Good Scenery and Lag, or Good Gameplay and No Lag.

A few questions:

Well, it converts to 7.6 MPG, which is around what Trucks are getting(what I read). So its realistic.

Back