The Formula 1 calendar development threadFormula 1 

Monaco should be done with Silverstone/Barcelona

Monaco shouldn't be in a triple header. So much has to happen before and afterwards in such a cramped space that it wouldn't be fair on the teams. UK, Germany, Austria could work as a triple header.

Monaco shouldn't be in a triple header. So much has to happen before and afterwards in such a cramped space that it wouldn't be fair on the teams. UK, Germany, Austria could work as a triple header.

Not saying it should be, but I am comparing it to doing this in comparison to a triple header involving TWO races on a different continent.

Calendar released. Austria confirmed. New Jersey, Mexico and Russia listed as provisional.

Title should be changed to: "Austria 2014. Russia 2014. New Jersey 2014? Mexico 2014? Korea 2014? Thailand 2015?"

Calendar:
1: 16/03 Australia
2: 30/03 Malaysia
3: 06/04 Bahrain
4: 20/04 China
5: 27/04 Korea (provisional)
6: 11/05 Spain
7: 25/05 Monaco
8: 01/06 America, New Jersey (provisional*)
9: 08/06 Canada
10: 22/06 Austria
11: 06/07 Britain
12: 20/07 Germany
13: 27/07 Hungary
14: 24/08 Belgium
15: 07/09 Italy
16: 21/09 Singapore
17: 05/10 Russia
18: 12/10 Japan
19: 26/10 Abu Dhabi
20: 09/11 USA, Austin
21: 16/11 Mexico (provisional*)
22: 30/11 Brazil

* Pending track inspection.

I don't think New Jersey or Mexico will happen. Korea maybe. Depending on if date can work. Likely 20 race season and within current Concorde agreements.

Last edited:
I don't think New Jersey or Mexico will happen. Korea maybe. Depending on if date can work. Likely 20 race season and within current Concorde agreements.

I know nothing about New Jersey, but in Mexico City, they only have "two" problems:
-The first problem is that security installations are yet to be checked, which they said it's not really a problem and they'll do it ASAP to get a date for the calendar.

-The other is that the engines won't be enough for such quantity of races: 5 engines for 22 races without grid penalties, it'd be solved if the rules are fixed to fit 22 races.

AJHG1000
I know nothing about New Jersey, but in Mexico City, they only have "two" problems: -The first problem is that security installations are yet to be checked, which they said it's not really a problem and they'll do it ASAP to get a date for the calendar. -The other is that the engines won't be enough for such quantity of races: 5 engines for 22 races without grid penalties, it'd be solved if the rules are fixed to fit 22 races.

Basically, New Jersey isn't ready. There have been numerous hold ups in making the track and facility's ready for a race. I would love to see it happen but sadly I fear it won't. Didn't know anything about Mexico and thanks. So it seems likely Mexico will make it, which to me means that Korea won't? I remember them saying they can't financially make two races in 6 months anyway. (Next weekend and next April.)

Basically, New Jersey isn't ready. There have been numerous hold ups in making the track and facility's ready for a race. I would love to see it happen but sadly I fear it won't. Didn't know anything about Mexico and thanks. So it seems likely Mexico will make it, which to me means that Korea won't? I remember them saying they can't financially make two races in 6 months anyway. (Next weekend and next April.)

According to Bernie. The organisers of NJ have paid their neccessary fees. I can't see them backing out now after paying the fees. I know there's been troubles and stalls along the way but they don't have as much work to do as Mexico or Russia or even Korea so I'm fairly confident it will happen. Mexico I feel will happen but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. The guy who organised the COTA race is onboard with it too. If Korea drops off the calendar I certainly will not miss it.

I just hope they can get the Hermanos Rodríguez F1 ready for the inspection... Still plenty of time to fix the track... I think 👍

So glad they binned Korea and kept Austria. France is next to come back (Hopefully). I was glad they wanted to go back to Mexico, until I saw the track, then I decided against it. I still see New Jersey as a problem. Look around the bridge and climb up the hill on street view, it is far too thin for the first sector of a Formula 1 circuit. Bahrain will be different at night, it'll need to be brighter than it was for the WEC last weekend. Am I right in thinking that Spain is still at Barcelona? Can't say I'm too chuffed about that, but the alternative is Valencia. Abu Dhabi last? Talk about ending on a low, at least there i a chance of fun (rain) in Brazil.

Seeing the state Hermanos Rodríguez was in last month, it was never going to be anywhere near fit to host a round in 2014. We already knew New Jersey was a foregone conclusion, and Sochi's application barely scraped in even after the RAF missed the deadline.

I can't comment on how boring the Austrian GP was before it was scrapped since I've only ever watched it once. As a replacement for the Korean GP though, I reckon almost any track up to the task would suffice. Even if the layout hasn't changed much in the last decade (If only the Westschleife Extension came to fruition).

Am I right in thinking that Spain is still at Barcelona? Can't say I'm too chuffed about that, but the alternative is Valencia. Abu Dhabi last? Talk about ending on a low, at least there i a chance of fun (rain) in Brazil.

The Spanish GP won't be alternating between Catalunya and Valencia. And moving Brazil forward might boost chances of it playing a key part in a driver's title fight instead of Abu Dhabi if it doesn't come down to the last race, which hasn't been the case recently. But you never know what race will decide next year's title.

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to the Port Imperial Circuit, and TBH I don't see many overtaking opportunities at the Red Bull Ring. I hope France returns to the calendar soon.

I don't really like some of it. For one, I have to decide on something else for my high school graduation present now as New Jersey got cut. Second, I don't like the huge gap between Russia and Texas. Third, I don't like the circuit in Barcelona, I much prefer the one in Valencia. At least I get to see the return of a fairly old race. Also, let's hope that the Olympics people aren't jerks about Russia.

Well Korea should be back in 2015, only reason it's gone is because of not being able to host 2 races in ~6 months. New Jersey may be ready next year, also Mexico may be as well.

Then we have Thailand making a bid as well. Some races will be cut for next year. Possibly Spa and Barcalona.

Spa has a contract for 2014 and 2015. After that, who knows...

edit.

It seems that that deal hasn't been secured yet.

France is next to come back (Hopefully).
DK
I hope France returns to the calendar soon.
But where?

Paul Ricard? Terrible atmosphere, small grandstands and the dullest look in motorsports.
Magny-Cours? Still in the middle of nowhere and there would still be no overtaking.
Bugatti? LOL
All the other tracks are too small. I wouldn't be too keen on the existing options and building a new track would just give the world another tilkedrome.

New Jersey - Hate to say it, but I don't see it happening ever. If they can't get their crap together after postponing the race twice I have little hope of it ever happening.

Mexico - Not shocking, I think this was just a case of them hopping on the Perez/Gutierrez hype train before actually doing the proper investigating first. Hopefully they can get the construction done in-time to get a '15 slot though.

Quite glad Korea is gone. The level of crowds it drew were just pathetic. Also disappointed about NJ and Mexico. I never expected Mexico to be on for 2014 but hopefully will be there for 2015 along with NJ. Quite interested to see crowd levels in Austria and if it makes enough money to expand into the old circuit as well. Russia, I'm expecting little so I can either be surprised or right to assume little.

I don't like the Redbull ring being on the final list, I heard minor speculation but didn't see anything for sure so maybe I missed it, not sure. Either way I don't like the track and it's nothing like the A1 ring it use to be.

I don't like the Redbull ring being on the final list, I heard minor speculation but didn't see anything for sure so maybe I missed it, not sure. Either way I don't like the track and it's nothing like the A1 ring it use to be.

I thought that the current Red Bull Ring is exactly the same layout as the A1-Ring?

One thing I love about the Red Bull Ring is the logo.
red%20bull%20ring.jpg

It's got the circuit as a letter. The layout is the same as the A1-Ring.

Back