The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Says the one who doesn't watch anything new!

Refer to my previous reply :crazy:

I reckon Psycho Pass and AoT in... what? 2-3 years? All the other stuff seems so much like crap I don't even want to take a peek at it.

Also, Terror in Resonance? I don't even know what that looks like but I recall you raving about it.

3 shows in 3 years that I more or less recall. Anything else I need to be aware of?

You going to watch any of it though? :lol:

I'll at least add them to my never-ending queue. Amazingly, wife and I have been watching some stuff in our backlog, but none of it has been anime :lol: Adventure Time is freaking marvelous though!

Once we're done with that, we'll finally dig directly into Queen Millenia, so I can show off that I've watched a show older than me.

Also, Black Bullet?

EDIT: Also remember I watched Kill la Kill with all of you losers. I really need a show like that to be dragged in to the insanity. How many Kill la Kills were there in the last 3 years, again?

So I managed to get all five endings in the Fate VN and watched the Last Episode. To be honest, it actually caught me by surprise big time, but I want to clarify if I'm right:

Shirou and Saber meet in the utopia of Avalon and reunite? Therefore, Saber had to wait 'indefinitely' for Shirou, and Shirou had to pursue Saber 'indefinitely' until he catches her, just like Merlin told Saber. How exactly is that possible for Saber to wait for Shirou? Is it her Heroic Spirit that was waiting for Shirou, not her actual body? And how was Shirou able to pursue Saber? Was it Shirou's Heroic Spirit that pursued Saber?

Additionally, I presume this is the 'true' ending to Fate/stay night, right?

I'm developing a theory that the creator only told people they would die to scare them out of leaving the game, (because you'd never know if the system was designed to lock you out after you died.) So when you die, you wake up fine, but are unable to tell the people still in the game.

Doesn't solve the turning-people-into-vegetables problem, but it's getting there...

The Nervegear can be temporarily unplugged from a power source, as it has an internal battery (probably to ensure that a random power/internet outage won't result in brain-frying). It's explained later on in the series that there was a brief period when the players apparently temporarily fainted - probably while they were being moved to hospitals. As long as the Nervegear doesn't totally power down or get removed during, the players should be fine.

It's explained later on in the series, but eh.

Also, you should absolutely keep watching until the end; I'm gonna go through the last three episodes tonight, and so far, the whole thing has been great - second story arc included. I honestly don't know what all the negative press is about; more often than not, it just seems like people are exaggerating the show's faults because it's popular.

More often than not, it seems that meh at best anime receive huge amounts of praise from a community determined to prove that their interest is the best when it really isn't.

Anime is the ultimate proof of Sturgeon's Law, trust me. Nearly all of it is terrible beyond all belief, but that which is good...

Oh boy, that which is good...

...is sublime beyond all belief.

Anime is a tricky game of judgement, picking out the rare masterpieces from the utter trash which surround them. Sometimes it's not worth wasting your time trying to do such a thing, to be honest. There are better things to do in this world. Become meguca for meduka.

I need to catch up with Shirobako

Attachments

• FB_20141215_08_42_04_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20141215_08_42_04_Saved_Picture.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 3
  • FB_20141215_08_44_15_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20141215_08_44_15_Saved_Picture.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 3
Anime is a tricky game of judgement, picking out the rare masterpieces from the utter trash which surround them. Sometimes it's not worth wasting your time trying to do such a thing, to be honest. There are better things to do in this world. Become meguca for meduka.

Couldn't have said it better myself. After my first 10 years of anime-watching, including the so-called "golden era" of the thing in the late 90s, where you could actually find several good-decent shows season after season, and then seeing it drop to ugly bits of stinky trash from around 2003 maybe-onwards, I just don't bother anymore and just assume 100% of it is utter crap. The 1% that turns out it isn't is most of the times sublime... but I don't waste my time looking for it anymore.

Don't think I cannot enjoy trash shows for other reasons. I thoroughly enjoyed Oreimo as it reminded me a lot of me and my brother, even if the show is catastrophically bad.
To think why I have been re-watching the same shows till I gave something new a chance. Cano is burnt go home and enjoy your ponies.

To think why I have been re-watching the same shows till I gave something new a chance. Cano is burnt go home and enjoy your ponies.

don't worry, I have a gigantic backlist of stuff to watch, it isn't necesarily new stuff of course, altough there are things in there that are pretty recent, ie: them new GITS.

Also, subject change: Eeew

Back