The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
I welcome my new Kyubey overlords.
images

The Nervegear can be temporarily unplugged from a power source, as it has an internal battery (probably to ensure that a random power/internet outage won't result in brain-frying). It's explained later on in the series that there was a brief period when the players apparently temporarily fainted - probably while they were being moved to hospitals. As long as the Nervegear doesn't totally power down or get removed during, the players should be fine.

It's explained later on in the series, but eh.

Also, you should absolutely keep watching until the end; I'm gonna go through the last three episodes tonight, and so far, the whole thing has been great - second story arc included. I honestly don't know what all the negative press is about; more often than not, it just seems like people are exaggerating the show's faults because it's popular.

Can- can we just blame it on Harold Hoerwick?

Changes subject*

Oreimo-x-Madoka-Magica-anime-meets-anime-31428039-1000-688.jpg

Oh. My. She pulls it off very nicely.

:eek: but do you have sisters though?

Hey, when I was saying it reminded me of me and my brother, I was refering to how Kirino and her brother get along with each other, always pestering themselves and calling names and generally screwing with each other all the time.

And no, no sisters. Don't even try.

Hey, when I was saying it reminded me of me and my brother, I was refering to how Kirino and her brother get along with each other, always pestering themselves and calling names and generally screwing with each other all the time.

And no, no sisters. Don't even try.
Just pulling your leg old man. :P

Yes. Very cool to see how it all works, at least, however much of it may actually be true.
I'll keep it on a tab.

And yes, Amagi Brilliant Park is actually "brilliant" compared to a lot of things I've seen that were made recently.
That being said, I don't like a lot of recent productions...

So I managed to get all five endings in the Fate VN and watched the Last Episode. To be honest, it actually caught me by surprise big time, but I want to clarify if I'm right:

Shirou and Saber meet in the utopia of Avalon and reunite? Therefore, Saber had to wait 'indefinitely' for Shirou, and Shirou had to pursue Saber 'indefinitely' until he catches her, just like Merlin told Saber. How exactly is that possible for Saber to wait for Shirou? Is it her Heroic Spirit that was waiting for Shirou, not her actual body? And how was Shirou able to pursue Saber? Was it Shirou's Heroic Spirit that pursued Saber?

Additionally, I presume this is the 'true' ending to Fate/stay night, right?

I guess no one can confirm my theory?

I guess no one can confirm my theory?
I always thought that Saber was the one wanting to be protected.. Or since Shirou literally did have her Scabbard in him till the fight with Gilagamish. My third choice that Shirou found Sabers dream; She forgot about it because heaviness of being a king.

Wait. The stigma is because some of the fans are obsessive creeps who need to go outside? I thought it was just because all of the shows I loved were actually terrible.

Wait. The stigma is because some of the fans are obsessive creeps who need to go outside? I thought it was just because all of the shows I loved were actually terrible.

It's both. And it's not just the shows you love, as stated before, 99 percent of all the stuff is laughable. Add in the "culture" that surrounds it, the pretentious pseudointellectuals who won't shut up about how anime is so mature and a superior form of animation, and yes, the obsessive creeps. Also the guys that just listen to anime music, specially the obnoxious, miku-style pseudoelectrobeat that seems to be everywhere lately.

List of anime I have seen which are actually brilliant:

1. The Castle of Cagliostro
  2. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  3. Laputa: Castle in the Sky
  4. Grave of the Fireflies
  5. My Neighbour Totoro
  6. Akira
  7. Kiki's Delivery Service
  8. Porco Rosso
  9. Whisper of the Heart
  10. Princess Mononoke
  11. Cowboy Bebop
  12. FLCL
  13. Spirited Away
  14. Azumanga Daioh
  15. Tokyo Godfathers
  16. Howl's Moving Castle
  17. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  18. Ponyo on the Cliff by The Sea
  19. Summer Wars
  20. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
List of anime I have seen which are actually terrible:

1. Pretty much all of them
List of anime I have seen which may want to consider running to become Prime Minister of the United Kingdom:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion

/true facts

Back