The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
You might like Grisaia no Kaijutsu then. You basically have to have a screwed up past to be a character in there. It's like Angel Beats, but a whole lot darker.
> Grisaia no Something Fruit is dark
> Angel Beats is dark

lolwat. The cover of those two seemed cheerful enough. :boggled:

I don't think he suggested that Angel Beats was dark, and I wouldn't really class it as such. Though it does have its sobering moments.

> Grisaia no Something Fruit is dark
> Angel Beats is dark

lolwat. The cover of those two seemed cheerful enough. :boggled:
I know it's not something you would expect, but Amane's story in Grisaia is something I'll never forget. Their premises are kind of cliched, but it's that the creators wanted to pull all the stops with it.

On another note, I've only now realized that Trinity Seven is really bad on a lot of terms. But I keep watching it because I enjoy it :P

Now my new favorite part in FSN:UBW
Shiro opens the door for Rin then closes it
I NEED that GIF!
Fate%20stay%20night%20ubw%20-%2011%20-%20Large%2008.jpg

Fate%20stay%20night%20ubw%20-%2011%20-%20Large%2011.jpg

There are alot of differences between the 2006 and this one.

Attachments

• KOCosplay as Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann).jpg
    KOCosplay as Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Rikka Takanashi cosplay.jpg
    Rikka Takanashi cosplay.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 3
ufotable's version is way better than 2006.

So, Ghost in the Shell has caught my attention; should I watch the movie or SAC first?

Considering you said Evangelion was terrible a few pages ago (although that was pretty tongue-in-cheek), and Haruhi before that, I think this will be one of your less controversial statements.

Last edited:
Second run..

Attachments

• FB_20141223_18_44_48_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20141223_18_44_48_Saved_Picture.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Naruto in real life!.jpg
    Naruto in real life!.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 3
ufotable's version is way better than 2006.

So, Ghost in the Shell has caught my attention; should I watch the movie or SAC first?
It should be noted though the 2006 adaptation was mostly an adaptation of the Fate route, ufotable is doing Unlimited Blade Works which Deen did once before as a rushed movie in 2010. Soon they're doing Heaven's Feel.

It should be noted though the 2006 adaptation was mostly an adaptation of the Fate route, ufotable is doing Unlimited Blade Works which Deen did once before as a rushed movie in 2010. Soon they're doing Heaven's Feel.

Speaking of which, isn't ufotable supposed to be remaking the Fate route as well? Or am I misinformed, as I often am...

Last edited:
(Unlimited Budget Works)

Yeah I did hear that 2006 wasn't anywhere near as good as this one.
The cover didn't even look as nice to me. I'm only watching the 104 one and the third season of Kaleid :P

Speaking of which, isn't ufotable supposed to be remaking the Fate route as well? Or am I misinformed, as I often am...
Nope, they're just doing UBW and Heaven's Feel (Which will be a movie, or movies, we don't know much yet).

Also Unlimited Budget Works? Budget has hardly anything to do with animation quality. "Here's more money, draw faster you animators!" That's not how it works. Talent/time>Budget

But a larger budget allows one to hire more and/or better animators and to acquire better equipment for them to work with. Hence a bigger budget equals better animation.

Again, that's not how it works. You can't throw money and expect it to solve anything, especially with something as niche as anime. Also you get paid for each cut you do, not by the hour.

And look, was this animated by a ton of people? No. IIRC, this ED was animated by a single person.

Nah, it's pretty obvious that handling a large budget properly is a lot better than handling a normal budget like a monkey. Compare UBW 2014 and its animation consistency to the last episodes of Neon Genesis and you'll see what I mean. A large budget + ufotable + type-moon = amazing.

And it's undeniable that a larger budget gets you better equipment and animators. Just sayin'.

EDIT: They really need to remake Tenchi Muyo. I hear the original was good but I can't stand the art.

Last edited:
Yeah, their bus crashes and falls off a cliff. Everyone dies.
OK...

But I heard rumors of 2 other finals:
1- Oliver wakes up his legs six months after he was hit by a truck. The soccer ball saved his life, but the legs were lost and amputed. He also realizes that the fact of he winning several titles was just an dream.

2- Japan wins the World Cup against Brazil. I'm not sure, but I remember that the Japan won the cup and his mom has given an hug to Oliver Tsubasa while Patty (Sanae in Japan) was trying to ask Tsubasa's mom to get off from Tsubasa.

BTW, to continue on as I forgot this, remember Attack on Titan's production problems? They publicly stated they needed more animators, later hired more and the animation quality didn't improve too much, and they still needed that recap episode to give them more time. So bigger budget to hire more animators=/=Better animation And do I even need to bring up Terraformars which had only two or three episodes done before episode 1 even aired?

Also something I heard a while ago, Madhouse a while back used to not want to pay in-between animators. Yeah, so only the key animators were getting paid... And Madhouse is known for great animation, save for cases like Chaos;Head and Magical Warfare. So that budget sure is making everything super well-animated...

And better equipment? Pretty much everyone uses mostly the same equipment. (Last question)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2014-09-26/.79158

AoT had commendable animation, I'll give it that. Besides, they probably used those extra animators to get more work done in a shorter period of time.

I don't know anything about Madhouse but having more "key animators" would be nice, right? :sly:

Okay, thanks for the enlightenment. I do mean that.

But the general rule to be applied here is that more moolah in the pocket means better work quality throughout. It doesn't just apply to anime either-- that's how everything in the world works.

You're cherry picking. In general, with animation, a larger budget will allow you to hire more animators who can collectively produce more frames in the same time period to allow smoother animation and/or put more detail into the frames due to lowered time constraints as the work load is shared.

As with all projects (think Toyota F1 Team) if you go in poorly organised just throwing money at it wont necessarily make it better. This is due to a thing called circumstance. One must also remember that we are talking purely about fairly objective standards of animation quality here.

Was Evangelion well animated? No. They didn't have the time or the budget. Did that lead the staff working on it to find new ways to express their creativity without having to go overboard with the animation? Yes, hence why Evangelion is so fondly remembered.

^ That sums it up quite nicely. While a large budget won't save you from bad logistics and planning, it certainly can make a great production when handle properly.

Japan's Christmas present to me is Amagi Brilliant Park episode 13 :P

AoT had commendable animation, I'll give it that. Besides, they probably used those extra animators to get more work done in a shorter period of time.

I don't know anything about Madhouse but having more "key animators" would be nice, right? :sly:

Okay, thanks for the enlightenment. I do mean that.

But the general rule to be applied here is that more moolah in the pocket means better work quality throughout. It doesn't just apply to anime either-- that's how everything in the world works.
Right... Let's put movie budgets into perspective, which movie was more expensive to make, Spider-Man 3 or Pirates of the Caribbean at Worlds End? Believe it or not, the latter which cost an estimated $300 million to make (Most expensive movie ever at the time), while the former cost $258 million. And rumor has it from info leaked from the Sony hack, the newest James Bond movie is overbudget, costing an estimated $350 million.

Again, bigger budget=/=better looking stuff.

And commendable animation for AOT? Were you even watching the show? It had some nice cuts like this sakuga moment. http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/4908/3d_background-animated-cgi-creatures-effects-liqui But overall it was Attack on Stills, it had more still shots than your typical anime, and anime in general is NOT that well-animated. Western animation has it beat most of the time.

Lastly, do you even animation with how you're talking about key animation? Look up how anime is animated.

Last edited:
Back