The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Weird piece of fan art I stumbled upon today.
su_47sk___senketsu___by_pak_faace1234-d7lbtfb.jpg

Mmm... Nibutani. :P

I thought Railgun and Index were just works that appealed only to teenagers. Was I wrong?
I kinda want to watch them but if they're nothing special I'll drop it.
More like adult male otaku staying up until like 2 AM to watch these.
I thought so. Its kinda sad most anime these days cater to that and nothing else.
Not really. http://static.neregate.com/2014/12/neregate.com-Winter-2014-2015-Anime-Chart-v3.jpg Although fanservice does go much farther these days.

Do you know what's better than fanservice?

Actually writing a story which is good enough that you don't need to resort to cynical techniques to gain viewers.

But seriously, most modern anime ain't great. 2011 had a couple of fantastic shows, Kill La Kill was hugely entertaining, I still haven't seen Terror in Resonance so no comment there. But yeah.

Weird piece of fan art I stumbled upon today.
su_47sk___senketsu___by_pak_faace1234-d7lbtfb.jpg

That sorta reminds me of an Eva fancomic re-imagining Evangelions as fighter jets. The art's a bit low-quality, but the plot makes up for it.

Full soundtrack?

Beyond Yoko Kanno's awesomeness (it's awesome), the fact it was directed by Watanabe, and the supposedly beautiful animation, I'm otherwise in the dark about that show. I get the impression it's worth the watch if anything just because it's short.

Beyond Yoko Kanno's awesomeness (it's awesome), the fact it was directed by Watanabe, and the supposedly beautiful animation, I'm otherwise in the dark about that show. I get the impression it's worth the watch if anything just because it's short.

I still don't recall seeing anything quite so wonderfully animated outside of feature-length anime. Even with my complete indifference toward the main characters (save for one, and you'll almost certainly feel the same way as many others who've watched it can verify) and lame conclusion, I felt like it would have been a waste not to watch it through to the end.

Last edited:
The fact that they even thought of the idea of putting a little stick on a piece of rock outside of Earth as a method to get donations is both amazing and sad.

Amazing in that they figured out how to manipulate a fanbase, and sad because said fanbase can be so easily manipulated.

Disregard everything I said if there is by chance a sentimental story to all this.

Most of the first half of the series? Absolutely.
Full soundtrack? Definitely.
Everything else? No.

Yeah, the first half was great. But it kinda went down as you got closer to the end. The soundtrack I agree with too.

You bunch seen Shinryaku Ika Musume?

If yes, have you seen that "Hitler is informed Ika Musume is Invading Berlin" video?

If not, go watch it. Loads of text profanity so I'm not going to post it. :lol:

Do you know what's better than fanservice?

Actually writing a story which is good enough that you don't need to resort to cynical techniques to gain viewers.

But seriously, most modern anime ain't great. 2011 had a couple of fantastic shows, Kill La Kill was hugely entertaining, I still haven't seen Terror in Resonance so no comment there. But yeah.
Fixed.

I'm pretty sure now is still better at least than the wasteland that is crappy 90's OVA's.
http://i.imgur.com/66dsfNJ.jpg

I didn't even know she made the music for that. I think I found my next watch. Thanks dude.

OST is the bee's knee's. Worth the watch just to see how each song fits the moments.

Two awesome collabos from the OST

If it hasn't been brought up yet, I suppose I should mention the new Touhou game coming out this year, the 14.5th one called Urban Legend in Limbo. It's another fighter, same as Hopeless Masquerade. That was an aerial fighter that wasn't great, and this is too, but it seems to be much improved. However it retains all the characters from HM which is sensible but not that adventurous. It would be fine if they added plenty of characters we all wanted...but they've only added 4 from what the code shows. One is Kasen which is interesting since she hasn't been in a game yet, the other is the compulsory new character for the game. The other two are Shinmyoumaru and Mokou who I'm not interested in. Horribly wasted opportunity.

So I'm not that hype for it, but at least it'll be an upgrade over the to-be-redundant HM. In which case, why did they just not make it an expansion pack like with the superb Hisoutensoku? Pretty silly, truth be told.

OST is the bee's knee's. Worth the watch just to see how each song fits the moments.

Yes and yes.

nc17 and veat were among the few I really liked. Then again, there were very few I didn't dislike at all.

10957327_10153105534680159_5033161255545925094_n.jpg

Last edited:
I never really got a grip on the system that those Touhou fighting games worked with.

Started watching Expelled from Paradise 20 minutes at a time. It's mediocre. Gen Urobuchi really needs to change up his writing style IMO. But everybody else seems to jack off to his work at night so he's going to keep the winning formula. :<

Yes, but Madoka was a superb piece of writing, so fair game.

Honestly, I haven't seen any of his other stuff. Don't especially care too. Anime sucks.

I've been seeing Love Live on Danbooru more recently. At the present moment it's literally exactly to Idolmaster what Kantai Collection is to Touhou. I'm not an Idolmaster fan though so I don't care. But it is interesting to see how the effective second tier of all artiness is playing out (as opposed to worrying for the top tier).

Love Live has always been a big thing for as long as I can remember.

Also on the subject of Gen Urobuchi...
Am I the only one who wants him to just spend a little more time on his writing and make it less bland?
I understand that publishers and their deadlines can be a nightmare, but you can turn down a project every once in a while when you're one of the best known writers in the industry.

Back