The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Originally posted by Blazing20
Who watches anime? I do!

What animes do you like? DBZ, Tenchi Muyo!, Tenchi in Tokyo, Tenchi Universe, Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Blue Submarine No. 6

Are you into anything else directly related to anime? Manga, Drawing, and Martial Arts, video games- although I don't play them a lot.

What is your fav. anime series? DBZ and the Tenchi series.

What is your fav. anime movie? Tough pick...probably MSGW: Endless Waltz, and Blue Submarines No. 6...and this one Akira movie. I don't remember what it was called. It was when Tetsuo went completely insane and blew up the city and all his organs were falling out and growing...siiiickkkk!!!!!!! That was just disgusting. But it has a great story line.
------
Is Cowboy Bebop any good? I haven't seen it yet. Though I have heard it's legendary status. I also want to see Fushigi Yugi or whatever it's called. I heard it's great to.

Cowboy bebop istn good. good doestn start to describe bebop. its simply awesome. you havent seen it, you havent lived. GET IT NO-W.
and I am into drawing some anime stuff, but I am not on my comoputer rite now. when I am Il post some doodles.
as for yer list, sorry, but tenchi makes me sick with sweetness. as for gundam, well, you know, it gets boring. I am living gundam overload and Im not even in the states, there it must be horrible. and dragon ball z is just boring to death, speaking of the storyline, wich I think doesnt exist. its just one monster after another, one super saiyan transformation after another, and then goku is this dude with 1 00000000000 0 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0 000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0 00 000000000000000 0 0 00 0 x10to any potency point of fightin powa. agh. but, I watch one or two episodes, because soemtimes, its funny and entertaining.

Cano

blue sub is very cool, altough I havent seen it complete. also, does anyone know something about thisthing, ayashi no ceres? I heard it is very cool too.
and I wil post my doodles. just hold on.
hahaha, as for sailor moon, I liked it back then when they aired it here in mexico, but after two weeks it made me sick with its all around cursiness ans excesive sweetness... but it opened the door for magic knight rayearth to be brought here to mexico, and that is what I love about sailor moon. it brought MKR to me :D

Originally posted by Cano
Cowboy bebop istn good. good doestn start to describe bebop. its simply awesome. you havent seen it, you havent lived. GET IT NO-W.
and I am into drawing some anime stuff, but I am not on my comoputer rite now. when I am Il post some doodles.
as for yer list, sorry, but tenchi makes me sick with sweetness. as for gundam, well, you know, it gets boring. I am living gundam overload and Im not even in the states, there it must be horrible. and dragon ball z is just boring to death, speaking of the storyline, wich I think doesnt exist. its just one monster after another, one super saiyan transformation after another, and then goku is this dude with 1 00000000000 0 000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0 000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0 00 000000000000000 0 0 00 0 x10to any potency point of fightin powa. agh. but, I watch one or two episodes, because soemtimes, its funny and entertaining.

Cano

blue sub is very cool, altough I havent seen it complete. also, does anyone know something about thisthing, ayashi no ceres? I heard it is very cool too.
and I wil post my doodles. just hold on.
hahaha, as for sailor moon, I liked it back then when they aired it here in mexico, but after two weeks it made me sick with its all around cursiness ans excesive sweetness... but it opened the door for magic knight rayearth to be brought here to mexico, and that is what I love about sailor moon. it brought MKR to me :D

Of course Tenchi would make you sick with its sweetness...you're a guy! :P I love it because it's one of the few Anime`'s that actually makes me laugh out loud constantly. There is so much to it's story. Plus I don't mind the romance and cuteness and sweetness to it. :embarrassed:

The only part of the Gundam series I like is MS Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz. I've been watching the Dragonball series since I was like in Kindergarten/1st Grade. It's the 1st Anime I ever started watching, and I've always loved it. Yes, I do agree I wish they would make it a little unpredictable most of the time, but I still think it's good. The Japanese version is a lot better than the Ameircan- they make it so cheesy sometimes. But I love DBZ...I won't deny that.

And Sailor Moon...again...of course you wouldn't like it, you're a guy! :lol: It's more of a "girly" Anime`, but there's nothing wrong if guys like it too.

Blue Sub is a spectacular Anime. I absolutely love the graphics of it. And it has an original story line. What separates it from a lot of Anime is that it doesn't focus on spirits and magic and all that. It has a good solid story. Does anybody know where I could find it at, by the way? I can't find it anywhere. Even at Suncoast, where there is an entire wall and beyond of Anime.

Originally posted by LoneWolfe
Tenchi just makes me sick period...same goes for ranma... :yuck:

Same here. I used to like it, I even have the first volume DVD, but the series just got worse and worse as it went. It's almost immature at times.

You can probably find the Blue Submarine No. 6 DVDs at animenation.com or rightstuf.com

I thought Tenchi Muyo was pretty funny. It's been years since I've seen it, though...

I just watched Ninja Scroll again the other night. I love that movie. Truly, it ruined me for all other action movies. American action flicks are too tame and uncreative (especially in comparison to NS ).

Some other favorites:

Ghost in the Shell
Princess Mononoke
3x3 Eyes

I just saw My Neighbor Totoro for the first time a couple of nights ago. It's a phenomenally well-crafted movie - you shouldn't write it off just because it's a "family" film. The characters are very well done. They all have that je ne sais quoi that escapes so many. Highly recommended.

it discust me, it discust me more when my friends walk up just watching a few eps and claim it is the greatest thing in anime since the guy who created astroboy :lol:

They need to make an anime (none of which I have ever heard of) That depics the lifes of JGTC racers at least. I would be really into something like that. Currently I just finished some DBZ and Thanks to Gokents Advatar, I am starting up Kenshin again. . . As we speak also it has been a longtime since I have seen Blue Submarine no 6 so thaks Blazing20 I'm about to dl some. On top of that Who is a Marcross/Robotech fan???

Originally posted by Blazing20
Of course Tenchi would make you sick with its sweetness...you're a guy! :P I love it because it's one of the few Anime`'s that actually makes me laugh out loud constantly. There is so much to it's story. Plus I don't mind the romance and cuteness and sweetness to it. :embarrassed:

The only part of the Gundam series I like is MS Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz. I've been watching the Dragonball series since I was like in Kindergarten/1st Grade. It's the 1st Anime I ever started watching, and I've always loved it. Yes, I do agree I wish they would make it a little unpredictable most of the time, but I still think it's good. The Japanese version is a lot better than the Ameircan- they make it so cheesy sometimes. But I love DBZ...I won't deny that.

And Sailor Moon...again...of course you wouldn't like it, you're a guy! :lol: It's more of a "girly" Anime`, but there's nothing wrong if guys like it too.

Blue Sub is a spectacular Anime. I absolutely love the graphics of it. And it has an original story line. What separates it from a lot of Anime is that it doesn't focus on spirits and magic and all that. It has a good solid story. Does anybody know where I could find it at, by the way? I can't find it anywhere. Even at Suncoast, where there is an entire wall and beyond of Anime.

Damn.I oughta ask first if the person Im talkin with is a girl. but anyway, I know many girls that like anime and that think the same as me, even for sailor moon. Hell, my girl, a hardcore anime fan, thinks that all those kinda animes suck too (she has cool taste for a girl that is that tender and sweet :D). and as for guys liking shoujo, you dont need to go that far... didnt you read that my fave series is rayearth???? :)
I dont mind sweetness, as long as its not THAT overdone.

DBZ in EUA was mercylessly chopped... it was censured in every conceibable way... over here in mexico it was complete, so it was funny to see some things, but still, its pretty lame to me.

Cano

currently waching earth girl arujuna. HIGHLY reccommended. really.

I watch anime :)

I havn't seen many. I like everything they show on Cartoon Network except for Cowboy Bebop and .hack because I havn't seen them. Initial D is alright too. I also like what they show on TechTV. Like Betterman and Dual.

Series? Like I said, I havn't seen much. Hopefully, I be able to get some from Ebay.

Favorite Movie? Again, I havn't seen much but I have seen Akira(loved it!) Spirited Away(own it on DVD.love it!) and i also have Princess Mononoke (DVD) although I havnt had a chance to watch it yet :(

.Hack Sign is a must see. It took some time for me to get into it at first, but later on in the show, they reveal important information abouit the characters and plot. At about episode 17, I started to get really into it. It has a great story line to top it off.
Bebop is also a must see, not only because of its storyline, but it uses more complex situations and irony in a very neat way.

OA

The thing i enjoyed about bebop was how it all played out ya know? The whole history between spike and vicious was perfect, the ending was nice, and its general style is very unique(The art and music, totally unique).
I liked .Hack (what i've seen) because it was a very interesting stroy line, the whole idea of logging into a huge online world and playing your own game has always facinated me. Ragnarok Online reminds me completely of .hack.

Oh, anyone with a "unique" sense of humor watch flcl :P (comment mainly aimed at omega star) :lol:

The thing i enjoyed about bebop was how it all played out ya know? The whole history between spike and vicious was perfect, the ending was nice, and its general style is very unique(The art and music, totally unique).
I liked .Hack (what i've seen) because it was a very interesting stroy line, the whole idea of logging into a huge online world and playing your own game has always facinated me. Ragnarok Online reminds me completely of .hack.

Oh, anyone with a "unique" sense of humor watch flcl :P (comment mainly aimed at omega star) :lol:

FLCL IS A MUST SEE. Really. its WILD. read it. WILD.

as for hack. stuff... I find it rather lame... the characters are very flat, and the story line is boring till the damned end, wich is very sad (not the end, this situation of the boring storyline). i didnt liked it very much... but its respectable.
and bebop... there is no words. im a huge fan of bebop. wanna see a cool page?
www.big-big-truck.com/bebop

Cano

Another fav brain twister series: Lain ^.^
Huge fan of that, what i like about it the ending. I'm not sure if i wanna talk about it and give it away, then again i cannot give it away, but in a way i can....(is this sounding like lain yet? :lol:)

Lain is good, but s l o w. Plus, you have to buy four DVDs to see the whole story. Rent the first one and see if you like it before buying.

It'll give you an idea of whether or not you'll want to see the whole thing. Basically, if you like the first one, you'll like all of 'em.

Another fav brain twister series: Lain ^.^
Huge fan of that, what i like about it the ending. I'm not sure if i wanna talk about it and give it away, then again i cannot give it away, but in a way i can....(is this sounding like lain yet? :lol:)

aaah, the quintessential cyberpunk series, lain!!!!
yeah, it freakin rulez. the ending is cooooooool to boot, and the series wasnt slow... at least for me... and cosidering its deepness and... denseness... lain is really good. get it if you can, its highly recomended.

Cano

and how about wolfsrain? anyone seen it??

What is "FLCL"?

FLCL is quite possibly the most screwed up series ever created :) I love it, alot of people like it because it is very different.

I've seen a bunch of Wolf's Rain, pretty interesting show so far. anyone looking into i'm sure you've looked at the summary and don't need me to explain.

BTW i just started a couple of other series yesterday and today, one is a continuation HxH(Hunter x Hunter) called "HxH Greed island" Pretty cool so far, must see for those who have seen HxH. And the other series is called Ex-Drivers Danger Zone. i can't say much about his because i just watched the first ep today. Has a nice car, "interesting" characters, nice animation, and a fairly original story line. Basically it goes like this: you don't need licenses to drive cars anymore, it is all ai controled. There are a few with exceptions called EX-Drivers, they drive cars w/out ai and their mission is to hunt down malfunctioning ai. Pretty cool, very nice in terms of car animation (this car is to drool over). Anyway i wrote alot already, look into these series, they are pretty good. :)

Originally posted by Omega Star
What is "FLCL"?

FLCL, aka Furi Kuri, is a series created by studio gainax (the ones that gave us EVangelion) in 2000, and yes, its the weirdest anime Ive ever seen. its just strange, its impressively funny and its vissuals are astounding. its about... well... I cant even tell whats it about. if you can get it (itll be called fooly cooly for its distribution in america... dumbasses -___-) do it. its one of my favorite series. its got 6 chapters, or oavs. if you dont want to buy it ( i want to ^^) you can download it. even if you are on 56k, believe me, its worth it, toootally. you will have one helluva fun time. really, get it.

Cano

Wanna know my fav thing about flcl? I like its music, it is by far the best music i have ever heard in any anime series. I have prob close to all the songs and love most of them. I love the ending, pure original, totally fits into its style. in fact, i think i'm gonna go dload it now :) (the ending)

Latest Posts

Back