The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
I think it's too early for a thread like this. I agree the current showing is underwhelming, but I don't think that's because of the game itself. ;)

I think it's too early for a thread like this. I agree the current showing is underwhelming, but I don't think that's because of the game itself. ;)
You could have made this thread when they first announced the game and it wouldn't have been too early because people get too far ahead of themselves :lol:.

Beware, beyond this post will most likely be calls for Kaz to resign, comments about the game looking bad, the engine sounds being horrible, and more. :rolleyes:

And? Isn't that what a whining and crying thread is for, being somewhere you can express your disappointment that the game still isn't evolving after years of making the same poor decisions/mistakes as always? What should people whine about instead?

The competition has stepped their game up and it seems like PD hasn't... again. Even if the GT6 graphics and sounds are placeholders at the moment, when you're the biggest AAA game and money maker for your respective console, you should at least make some small attempt at showing something half decent, not the same recycled last gen assests.

Man, my expectations for this game were really high.

Trailer disappointed me. I'm still going to buy it regardless but I really think this is the first GT game where I would actually buy forza instead if I had the chance and it really hurts me to say that.

I wish they put a fine print somewhere to remind you whiners that this trailer does not represent the final game. Don't be so negative towards an unfinished product.

Forget fine print, at the end of the livestream it should have been a black screen with "Remember, this is only 50% complete and we're only showing you a slice of the 50% for now" emblazoned across the screen.

But, if my hopes do fail, I can always fall back on Assetto Corsa

Edit: my previous opinion, I feel a little differently now.

Last edited:
Honestly, saying the reveal is underwhelming is an understatement, aside from that Scapes photo mode thing nothing looked interesting or impressive at all, same sounds, same graphics. The content numbers are pretty low for something releasing 3 years into PS4's life, Forza 6 has 600+ cars and 28 tracks already here in my hands, why should I pay my attention to GTS at all?

I wish they put a fine print somewhere to remind you whiners that this trailer does not represent the final game. Don't be so negative towards an unfinished product.

Forget fine print, at the end of the livestream it should have been a black screen with "Remember, this is only 50% complete and we're only showing you a slice of the 50% for now" emblazoned across the screen.

But, if my hopes do fail, I can always fall back on Assetto Corsa.
Come on man, 6 months away from release and only at 50%? Do you believe this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they put a fine print somewhere to remind you whiners that this trailer does not represent the final game.

You show your best, most finished parts when you have a major unveiling.

Also all of the prologues and demos of past GTs were very good representations of the quality of the final game, in fact GT5P was better than the final games in some aspects.

But, if my hopes do fail, I can always fall back on Assetto Corsa.

If it's 50% complete is indeed true then simple maths, based on a conservative start date of 2014 suggests there are only two outcomes.

A) The game will release 100% complete in 2018.
B) The game will release in late 2016 around 60% complete.

Sorry but if 50% complete is true, those are the only outcomes. Neither are great, are they?

It's not finished yet, save your expectations for the final release. That is all.

It's been worked on for two and a half years.

People are allowed to have their own expectations, and be disappointed. You aren't the authority on other peoples' thoughts. So don't tell them what to do, and especially don't resort to name-calling to do it.

I'll save most my opinions on the final release.
The livery editor doesn't appeal to me as much as I would've liked it to.

I think I need a vacation from this forum, the negativity from the "I expect GT to be better than everything else" is killing the website for me right now. The game can still be good and be better or worse than it's competitors at the same time.

Expecting it to squash all the competition just from a developmental gameplay build is setting expectations way too high.

I think I need a vacation from this forum, the negativity from the "I expect GT to be better than everything else" is killing the website for me right now. The game can still be good and be better or worse than it's competitors at the same time.

Expecting it to squash all the competition just from a developmental gameplay build is setting expectations way too high.

Yeah but why let other's opinions on the matter let you down? I don't know if it's me being on the website for years, or me just being more mature on stuff in general, but if I like it, then I like it. If you don't then fine. Not gonna let someone else dictate how I should approach something.

To be fair a lot of the criticisms have their validity, but at the same time I'm not gonna pretend like PD can deliver sex on a plate. Though it would be nice if they did...:P

Ok, fine, maybe I can't control your judgements and have everyone on the website be positive or be quiet, maybe you will go off and buy and Xbox after that announcement, maybe I can't stop you from hating GT with a passion from now on, but it's my hope that the finished product will prove you all wrong, and make you come back.

My humble opinion:

A 3:50 "gameplay" trailer which nearly half of is spent showing photomode options and settings, mixed in between showing us cars looking pretty in non-playable locations, tells me all I need to know about this game. With each new iteration, the Real Driving Simulator turns more and more into the Real Photography Simulator.

The livery editor is 6 years too late. Even in screenshots it looks really basic.

Ok, fine, maybe I can't control your judgements and have everyone on the website be positive or be quiet, maybe you will go off and buy and Xbox after that announcement, maybe I can't stop you from hating GT with a passion from now on, but it's my hope that the finished product will prove you all wrong, and make you come back.

I just hope the finished product is something you'd enjoy. Nothing about proving anything.

Still uses Cr. 500,000 is on offer by Pre-ordering content.

I take it we'll have to buy stickers for livery, colours, wheels, tyres, etc. Prepare to grind again.

117 events for us offline preferred folk. The AI BETTER be improved.

Like I mentioned, there is no doubt the game looks good. The content looks sorted. If that AI is trash, I'll pass.

Still uses Cr. 500,000 is on offer by Pre-ordering content.

I take it we'll have to buy stickers for livery, colours, wheels, tyres, etc. Prepare to grind again.

117 events for us offline preferred folk. The AI BETTER be improved.

Like I mentioned, there is no doubt the game looks good. The content looks sorted. If that AI is trash, I'll pass.
I could be wrong but I believe those events includes all the license tests, etiquette lessons etc. Can someone confirm this?

GT adds a feature that other racing games have had for years, "Years too late, meh."

Forza adds a feature GT's had for years, Praise our Lord and Savior Dan Greenawalt.
I'm going to assume this is about weather? Not really easy to compare the two since one is a pretty basic feature for games prior to this gen, and one is a feature that no game(sim, or sim-like) on these console has yet to even get functioning correctly, this gen or otherwise, I would say it's not quite the same thing.

Back