The GTP Rolex Sports Car Series S4! Polar And Mustard Champs!

I was thinking, and I realized that there is no point in having a pace car, specially as Polar usually tries to speed up cautions, pitting on the first caution lap and restarting on the next lap.

I Am Yellow
I was thinking, and I realized that there is no point in having a pace car, specially as Polar usually tries to speed up cautions, pitting on the first caution lap and restarting on the next lap.

I second this

I have no clue what to do for season 5, I was meant to be a GT reserve but polar said it is unecessary :(.

I have no clue what to do for season 5, I was meant to be a GT reserve but polar said it is unecessary :(.

We will figure out something useful for you in season 5 that isn't you b:censored:in for something to do. ;)

I'm to busy with School, Global GT organizing, Global GT practicing and other games to play.

Well, with the can't keep pace I'm sorry :(.

But we may not know of polar is doing reserves for GT :D. (Just put on my positive face on)

This series is a lot of fun and I want to be apart of it.

I Am Yellow
:lol:

I mean, it's lame to come here every couple of days and see the same guy complaining about the very same thing.

Wise words if I do say so myself. You're a Rolex success story. You practiced your tail off and got 3 times as good as you were when you started racing with us 👍 I never heard you complain about the car.

I wish I could practice my butt off for this series :(.

I didn't really "practice my butt off", the thing is: you must know where you're failing, and try to improve there. It wasn't like I practiced with my Minolta everyday, but I also drove other cars often (both fast and slow), and I also tried to see what Anthony and Cnd did.

I didn't really "practice my butt off", the thing is: you must know where you're failing, and try to improve there. It wasn't like I practiced with my Minolta everyday, but I also drove other cars often (both fast and slow), and I also tried to see what Anthony and Cnd did.
+1

Same for me, also. It takes a bit of time, but you'll know when the pieces fall into place, because it'll dawn on you that you've improved when you're sizing up someone for an overtake, and mid-way through making it stick you realise it's the guy who was 1+ seconds quicker than you 3 months ago.

Then I should find out how to do the chicanes (have any tips for the chicanes?).

Also just a track idea, why not Madrid, it is actually not bad. We did Global GT there and surprisingly there was hardly any incidents.

Well, saying you can't do them is a bit vague, Resh. Is there anything in particular about them you need help on?

Funny you mention Madrid.... I tested the specs of the GT cars there. I figured I'd try and specs the cars on tighter tracks, since its the tighter tracks that seem to separate them. Drafting cancels the raw pace out on higher speed tracks, but the tracks used aren't usually top-speed tracks anyway.

Last edited:
How can one move forward if they avoid it.. We all started somewhere, you need to stop the negativity and just improve yourself..

When I joined GTP 2 years ago I stumbled on what we now know as PURE. I was very slow at first, in 111R RMs.. But I looked to guys like Wardez etc to see where I could improve, I even posted a lap of Le Sarthe to let them see where I lost time. Sure enough they gave sound advice and over time I improved, I still lack ultimate pace but I can now compete with guys I hadn't a hope of when I first joined.

I said this a few pages ago.. ;) (Nice to see someone agree and have a similar story :))

Last edited:
Hey as I said "We all started somewhere" :P.

Edited my previous post to highlight Resh's problem..

(Yes I edited this one too top marks for noticing)

Last edited:
Well, when I try to go as fast as the DP drivers when they go around the chicane, I accidently go to fast and stuff something up. When I avoid stuffing up, I'm too slow around the chicanes
I cannot find the right speed around them.

Well, when I try to go as fast as the DP drivers when they go around the chicane, I accidently go to fast and stuff something up. When I avoid stuffing up, I'm too slow around the chicanes
I cannot find the right speed around them.

How are we supposed to help you with that?

Well, what is the recommended gear for the usual chicanes, I can probably figure the rest on my own.

Back