The RUF thread

• Thread starter Lathafummi
  • 313 comments
11298133666_c2117c6366_h.jpg
Like GT3 996 👍👍 love it! bravo!

Holy cow, some of these look spectacular! I knew that all of the RUFs got the "semi-premium" treatment, but it just so happened that the only one I've bought so far is the CTR2 '96. From what I can tell, it looks the least impressive. The textures of things like the licence plates & light lenses on the CTR2 are still pretty lackluster by today's standards. All of the other RUFs seem to have gotten improvements in these areas. Oh, well. It's still better than it was in GT5. And it still looks awesome in my rendition of Porsche's "Arena Red Metallic, the 993 Turbo's launch colour. It's "Rubino Micalizzato" from the Ferrari 599, F430, or Enzo:

Last edited:
I've been out the loop with GT news for awhile. It's an absolute delight though to see that PD have upgraded RUF models to premiums. I wasn't aware they were going to do that. They look awesome.

I've been out the loop with GT news for awhile. It's an absolute delight though to see that PD have upgraded RUF models to premiums. I wasn't aware they were going to do that. They look awesome.

I don't think that they have. Still standard. This is how standards look in GT6.
Enjoy the show.

I don't think that they have. Still standard. This is how standards look in GT6.
Enjoy the show.

They most definitely have been improved, boss. Most of the cars that were "Standard" in GT5 still look the same in GT6. There is a small number of cars that have been upgraded for GT6 to what has been referred to "semi-premium". There's still no interior, and some of the textures (light lenses, emblems, door locks, etc.) are still poor. The semi-premium cars have 3D-modelled body seams where the "Standard" cars's seams are still merely "painted on" flat textures. All of the RUF models have been upgraded to semi-premium.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/semi-premium-showcase.291967/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/standards-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.291012/

http://users.gtpla.net/forum/attachments/fairlady-240zg_71_v021-jpg.92675/

Last edited:
They are definitely improved, but not premium. They look better than some other 'standards', but are still standards, no?. They are just standard cars which have received more attention than some others.

@Davey GT1 thought that they were premium. They are not. I just wanted him to appreciate the difference between GT5 and GT6, that's all.

Perhaps I over sold GT6 to them.

Last edited:
They are definitely improved, but not premium. They look better than some other 'standards', but are still standards, no?. They are just standard cars which have received more attention than some others.

@Davey GT1 thought that they were premium. They are not. I just wanted him to appreciate the difference between GT5 and GT6, that's all.

Perhaps I over sold GT6 to them.

You're right, they're still not Premium. They're also no Standard, either. Most of the cars that were Standard in GT5 are unchanged, so I was surprised when you said "This is how standards look in GT6"". Most of them are GT4-quality.

Last edited:
Back