The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,213 comments
The lack of a proper damage model and no ability to change something as simple as tyre pressures. What year is it? I feel like part of PD is still stuck in the past and totally unwilling to make their game a proper simulator. I'm also annoyed by the strange pit stop system that doesn't work in real time or show other cars in the pit lane. The "arcadey" elements of this game really dog it from a realism standpoint, making it less than ideal for league racing. Hence why I stick to ACC.

Last edited:
The lack of a proper damage model and no ability to change something as simple as tyre pressures. What year is it? I feel like part of PD is still stuck in the past and totally unwilling to make their game a proper simulator. I'm also annoyed by the strange pit stop system that doesn't work in real time or show other cars in the pit lane. The "arcadey" elements of this game really dog it from a realism standpoint, making it less than ideal for league racing. Hence why I stick to ACC.
Tried ACC, wasn’t a fan, but I think it’s the lack of car selection.

Tire pressure and fuel amount would be a nice feature to have in the setup page. Also not sure why we can’t adjust camber per wheel and it’s just limited to front and rear.

If all they had to give us from this point on was that, tune sharing, custom race sharing, better difficulty adjustable AI, a HUD we can toggle on/off and a few more tracks, I’d be pretty happy with this game for a long time.

Even GT Legends which was like 2005 or something like that… you could share tunes very quickly in that game. Pretty much any game but this one. It’s mind blowing that he thinks screenshotting the setup page is an efficient appropriate way to share tunes.

Tried ACC, wasn’t a fan, but I think it’s the lack of car selection.

Tire pressure and fuel amount would be a nice feature to have in the setup page. Also not sure why we can’t adjust camber per wheel and it’s just limited to front and rear.

If all they had to give us from this point on was that, tune sharing, custom race sharing, better difficulty adjustable AI, a HUD we can toggle on/off and a few more tracks, I’d be pretty happy with this game for a long time.

Even GT Legends which was like 2005 or something like that… you could share tunes very quickly in that game. Pretty much any game but this one. It’s mind blowing that he thinks screenshotting the setup page is an efficient appropriate way to share tunes.
ACC is a fantastic game for league racing but if you don't do that, I wouldn't recommend it.

I have to say that not being able to share tunes like you can in Forza is rubbish. Kaz is delusional for saying something soo stupid and I honestly feel like he's living in cloud cuckoo land sometimes. We are living in an age where average folk like you and I can enjoy hardcore driving simulators with dynamic track evolution, dynamic weather, dynamic time of day, complex aero models, complex tyre models, a comprehensive damage model and dynamic time but GT still doesn't allow you to adjust tyre pressures... It's madness.

and if you will notice that the "storms" will not travel in same direction of the wind, that little bit would help in predicting what direction the weather will come in the weather radar
100%. The Manu race at Nord with the truly random weather definitely made that apparent. Storm was NW of the track traveling SE towards the track.... wind was blowing NW. :odd:

The track orientation on the mini-map was the same as the weather radar so it definitely wasn't something like that. Just plain wrong... which is odd as PD is usually pretty good about those things. Ie, the windmills at Sardegna are always facing the wind direction, which is super cool. But weather, not so much.

It will soon be five months since they added a certain menu book that requires you to have a certain Porsche... which can only be bought after receiving an invitation to do so.

Well, no guesses who hasn't gotten that invitation yet. I mean, I did have the car at one point, but some genius at PD decided you need to have it in your garage right now instead of some time in the past.

It will soon be five months since they added a certain menu book that requires you to have a certain Porsche... which can only be bought after receiving an invitation to do so.

Well, no guesses who hasn't gotten that invitation yet. I mean, I did have the car at one point, but some genius at PD decided you need to have it in your garage right now instead of some time in the past.
It could be worse... I had it and I sold it before the menu appeared... (and before I knew that to validate those menus, you need the cars in the garage, not only in collection...

And of course I've never got another Porsche invite since, even with rerolling the ones I've got and don't need anymore.

100%. The Manu race at Nord with the truly random weather definitely made that apparent. Storm was NW of the track traveling SE towards the track.... wind was blowing NW. :odd:

The track orientation on the mini-map was the same as the weather radar so it definitely wasn't something like that. Just plain wrong... which is odd as PD is usually pretty good about those things. Ie, the windmills at Sardegna are always facing the wind direction, which is super cool. But weather, not so much.
Couldn't it be the case that wind direction at ground level doesn't necessarily coincide with the travel direction of storms in higher altitude? I don't know the details behind it, but I could imagine that as a mass travels through the atmosphere it could displace the air around it. Maybe the wind is indicative of the air being pushed down and dragged back toward the tail end of the storm, or even replacing air that might be pulled up into the storm? There's tons of weird convective interactions in a dynamic fluid and it's not always the case that everything travels uniformly in the same direction.

Couldn't it be the case that wind direction at ground level doesn't necessarily coincide with the travel direction of storms in higher altitude? I don't know the details behind it, but I could imagine that as a mass travels through the atmosphere it could displace the air around it. Maybe the wind is indicative of the air being pushed down and dragged back toward the tail end of the storm, or even replacing air that might be pulled up into the storm? There's tons of weird convective interactions in a dynamic fluid and it's not always the case that everything travels uniformly in the same direction.
While you are entirely right, and even without different directions in wind, squalls often have a relative different wind direction.

But as a gameplay element, PD could have chosen to be less deceptive, and to have the weather following the wind they display.

I used to think it's stupidly overdone, until I watched last year's Le Mans. Turns out it's every bit as bad in real life.

Maybe I should retract my previous statements. The WTC 700 at LeMans looks exactly like this when the rain catches us (the AI and me) off guard. :lol:

It could be worse... I had it and I sold it before the menu appeared... (and before I knew that to validate those menus, you need the cars in the garage, not only in collection...

And of course I've never got another Porsche invite since, even with rerolling the ones I've got and don't need anymore.
A Porsche invitation was one of the first ticket rewards I ever won in GT7. Maybe about a year ago. Of course, I couldn't afford a $2.3 million supercar when I was fumbling around in a Mazda Demio for 5,000cr at a time. Haven't seen it since and it's the ONLY invitation car I don't have.

Here's a little annoyance of mine...you grind up the cash for one of them purdy cars in Haggerty's and you take it our for a spin to see what it's like from the cockpit view and when you hit the "look back" button the car completely vanishes from view and you're looking at nothing but the track behind you. C'mon PD don't leave things unfinished on these exceptionally costly cars! lol

This one really grinds my gears..

ok so in gtsport your notifications would show you comments likes and reposts kf your content. This was great. But in gt7 they messed it up.... big time. Now you get notified of every little bit of USELESS INFORMATION like x friend completed sector 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 each time they compkete something.. You get a new notification and no way to filter these so now I have no way of filtering all this crap to get to the stuff that concerns interactions with my content. We desperately need a filter at minimum or just revert to the gt sport notification system.

Anyone who didnt play GT sport would NOT understand how much better the GT Sport notification system was.

This change in the gt7 notification system has completely killed the "reposting each others content" trend imo cause the notification gets buried in swathes of crap that nobody cares about. So you give up on the system altogether and forgrt about it cause theres just too many crap notifications compared to stuff you actually want to see...

Basically the signal to noise ratio is really bad now.

i was trying to figure out why people in gt7 dont interact and repost as much as in gt sport. This for me is exactly it. A solid reason. Explains the disproportionate lack of interest in reposting others stuff compared to gt sport where the system thrived from the beginning and made the game's social hub aspects and therefore community feel alive all the time.

However Ive yet to conclude if this change has other benefits overall. We shall see but for now I'm seeing a big red flag looking negative.

Last edited:
Maybe I should retract my previous statements. The WTC 700 at LeMans looks exactly like this when the rain catches us (the AI and me) off guard. :lol:
It's all about what tyres you have on, slicks will be many times worse in the wet that street tyres. What happens with slicks, is you end up with a barrier of water between the surface of the track and the tyre. Because the tyre's don't have tread, it means the tyre stops making contact with the road surface and this happens at relatively low speeds, 30mph is not surprising.

If you think about driving your own car in a heavy downpour with a lot of standing water on the road, how fast would you feel safe driving? Now imagine your car had tyres far less suited to that situation, far more prone to aquaplaning and far more reliant on temperaure to perform than the street tyres your car was fitted with.

Last edited:
Just a bit annoying how PD picked the drivetrains for Gr.4 cars. We have the Gr.3 cars built with RWD only. Their Gr.4 variants should be the same.

Gr.4 NSX is RWD. The road car is AWD.
Gr.4 Huracan is AWD but has a road car that is RWD.
Gr.4 GT-R should be RWD like the GT3.
Gr.4/GT4 R8 should have been added for GT7.
VW are all over the shop. Pick one model for both. Gr.4 & Gr.3 GTI. Gr.4 & Gr.3 Beetle. Gr.4 & Gr.3 Scirocco. If PD want to build faux representation make them match. They did it with Peugeot, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Ford, Dodge, Chevrolet, Jaguar, Toyota, Subaru, Hyundai, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Citroën.

I'm probably not the first to mention this, but there is not a single campaign race that the 1971 AMG 300 SEL is eligible for that it is even remotely capable of competing in - the closest is the WTC 600 series and at 517pp it has no chance. Every race where it would be PP-competitive are limited to strictly road cars, and the SEL is a race car. I'm sure there are a few other classic race cars that also fall into this. Why PD? Why? Especially considering this was not an add-on car, it was included in GT7 from the beginning.

I was reminded once again last night of one of my biggest annoyances/grievances with the game. Why the actual **** have they chosen to not give any reward for silvers in CEs and licenses??? It just utterly boggles my mind! I decided last night to try and finish another CE. I have a few done (the easiest ones obviously) and a bunch more silvered and bronzed. Every once in a while I get the notion to dive into one and try and gold it. But whenever I do I soon realize that I'm likley hours away from gold, and since there's nothing gained by achieving silver (which also takes some time for me in these things) I just can't be bothered usually. But last night I dove into High Speed Ring. I had already golded the first 2 sectors. The third sector and the full lap were bronzed. So, I spent maybe half an hour getting gold on the third sector and started the full lap. An hour later, still no gold and I'm getting more and more frustrated by this really pretty stupid challenge -- I don't feel like it's teaching me anything meaningful trying to match the precise inputs I see in the demo lap after lap. So, I had bronze when I started which gave me 250K credits, spent a couple hours of my time at it and did achieve the next, more difficult level (silver), received nothing for the effort, got worked up and annoyed trying to nail a pixel perfect lap for gold and then quit, feeling like I'd wasted my time.

I just don't understand the rationale for paying me 250K credits for the bottom trophy, nothing for the next higher trophy, and then the big prize for the top trophy. It makes no sense. Why not 250k for bronze, 500K for silver and a million for gold??? Does that break the game or something? I have almost no incentive at all to devote any time to the CEs once I have the bronze because I know the gold is going to be a huge pita to get and there's no small benefit to silver. I mean if for whatever reason they just don't want to provide that much reward money or something, then make it nothing for bronze, 250k for silver and a million for gold! At least it would make some sort of sense...

Last edited:
I mean if for whatever reason they just don't want to provide that much reward money or something, then make it nothing for bronze, 250k for silver and a million for gold! At least it woiuld make some sort of sense...
It is a japanese game, that's all you need to know 😁

Tired Work GIF by sansanplanet

It's all about what tyres you have on, slicks will be many times worse in the wet that street tyres. What happens with slicks, is you end up with a barrier of water between the surface of the track and the tyre. Because the tyre's don't have tread, it means the tyre stops making contact with the road surface and this happens at relatively low speeds, 30mph is not surprising.

If you think about driving your own car in a heavy downpour with a lot of standing water on the road, how fast would you feel safe driving? Now imagine your car had tyres far less suited to that situation, far more prone to aquaplaning and far more reliant on temperaure to perform than the street tyres your car was fitted with.
Good explanation; I agree and understand. There have been NASCAR races where multi-car pileups started from a few raindrops on the track.
My original gripe was how quickly the rain pops up in the game leading to hideous (and sometimes hilarious) wrecks. But apparently, that happens in real life with weather that doesn't move at 200mph, a team of race crews and engineers, more accurate weather radars, etc.
And getting the third invitation for a manufacturer where you already own all the cars...
Only the third time that's happened to you? :lol: If I see one more Aston Martin invitation, I might just launch my PS5 out the upstairs window.

Seeing the GT500 Supra and R34 in the WTC900 events. PD even put the Viper GT3R in the Gr.2/WTC900 demo race at Daytona. Weird.

Seeing the GT500 Supra and R34 in the WTC900 events. PD even put the Viper GT3R in the Gr.2/WTC900 demo race at Daytona. Weird.
It's the very few examples of "multiclass" racing

Last edited:
The tire regulations for custom races and not being able to switch between Normal Track limits and strict Track limits.

Not having the option to set up a custom race from ALL CARS that are avvaliable (main title cars and DLC) but only from garage that you own...
And when choose a simple race like (classic cars like E-type etc) the game puts in some Megane safety cars and some other odd cars...

And when choose a simple race like (classic cars like E-type etc) the game puts in some Megane safety cars and some other odd cars...
Exactly, I hate this strange cars together with old LE cars on the same track. Only way is to build custom race from my cars from garage.

I'm annoyed that gaming journalists don't ask Kaz/PD about some of these long-standing issues... Or maybe Kaz/PD doesn't allow them to. Either way, it's annoying and dismissive.

Additionally, I'm annoyed that PSVR2 is still a blurry mess in GT7. I still play it dmn near daily but an update would be nice.

Last edited:
I'n sure this was mentioned before, but I only got to be annoyed by recently. Not being able to change all the metrics the way you want. I have speed set to KMs/H instead of MPH but I can't have weight measured in KGs but only in LBs.

Back