The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
I vaguely remember someone on here had a big brake plate for the T500 pedals now I think about it. I don't know where he got it though. Maybe search around a bit for it?

Was it not the american guy that had the big brake pedal who's brake pedal spring broke recently.
Owensracing made a large brake pedal on a cnc machine I'm sure

Well, I can still mod the wheel "bar" if everything else fails - might cut it in half and extend it that way. :)

Carson79
Was it not the american guy that had the big brake pedal who's brake pedal spring broke recently.
Owensracing made a large brake pedal on a cnc machine I'm sure

Yes and I plan to run another batch. Gotta get a machine free to do so. :(

Did you put the metal plate over the clutch and brake pedal or did you just make the brake pedal bigger?

Mr. S
Did you put the metal plate over the clutch and brake pedal or did you just make the brake pedal bigger?

Bigger brake pedal.

416b2fab.jpg

So, did that TM Shifter ever get a full retail release in the US in time for Christmas?

Last edited:
RC45
So, did that TM Shifter ever get a full retail release in the US in time for Christmas?

That cheap Ferrari F1 with way an inexcusable amount of decorative do-dads rim isn't even in stock. I guess the Chinese workforce is being overwhelmed.

On a side-note: does someone know why T500 wheels are cheaper in combination with Gran Turismo 5? I mean...let's use Boulanger (France) as an example. Since I bought mine there.

Wheel -> 499,99€
Wheel + GT5 -> 399,99€

Some sort of subsidized offer? Maybe supported by Sony?

Maybe I am missing something, but the TH8 shifter has been out for a while now.

Have not seen it in stock or listed at any local retailers.

I do not consider an out of country purchase over eBay being publicly released.

Learned my warranty lesson a long time ago.

Had the T500RS, Fanatec CSP's and the Actlabs hooked up for the longest time. Was almost exclusivey playing PC sims.

Then a buddy that I loaned my entire G25 + second playseat to asked about the GT2 and FM4. So I hauled that out, unpacked the Fanatec shifter and hooked it up to the XBox 360 - took a shile, we fussed with the shifter, tore it to pieces made some internal adjustments (dont recall what we did - for one thing we dried off the lube that was dripping out) and fired up FM4.

Was pretty fun, so I tried it out on the PS3 with GT5 and that was the last game I played with it - maybe 2 months back?

Going back to back to the GT2 and the T500RS I have to say having the rather unexciting Fanatec shifter made GT5 better - just to be shifting by hand ;)

I am toying with the idea of the Fanatec shifter if it shows up here on Fry's shelf. Was not there on Christmas eve.

You can buy it right now as the wheel+shifter combo at Costco right now. So I would say that would be evidence that it a has been released domestically. Now can you find one being sold stand-alone, maybe not.

You can buy it right now as the wheel+shifter combo at Costco right now. So I would say that would be evidence that it a has been released domestically. Now can you find one being sold stand-alone, maybe not.

Then it's not released is it :). Previous customers are obviously not a priority for TM/Guillowhatstherename or Fanatec.

No, you can buy it and it has been released. It is just $550 and it comes with a free wheel. :dopey:

I bit on that deal. "$550 for a shifter, but wait, we will throw in a wheel valued at over $599 for FREE. But that's not all, we will also include a pedal set free if you order by Jan 10th.":sly: I can't drive for 🤬 when using the shifter but glad I have it. The wheel is awesome though.

maybe not released an H shifter in US since most people in US drive auto and wouldn't know how to use a manual :sly:

got new from amazon and BROKE IN 2 HOURS!

v4

played some iracing, then noticed my left paddle not working, opened the control panel to test and it didn't work, all other buttons worked.

decided to upgrade the firmware, which fixed the problem straight away.

BUT after another hour of play, left paddle shifter dead again! this time reflashing the firmware does not help >_<

sighhhhhh

anyone know a fix?

Why even attempt to fix a brand new wheel?

Is it a problem getting a replacement?

because I'm in Australia and I got from amazon usa :P

I've emailed support, but just wondering if there are any known fixed.

Anywayz I'm gonna remove the rim and see if the connector is lose or something!

wish me luck!

fedexpress
because I'm in Australia and I got from amazon usa :P

I've emailed support, but just wondering if there are any known fixed.

Anywayz I'm gonna remove the rim and see if the connector is lose or something!

wish me luck!

If it was delivered to you, it can be sent back. Amazon is good with exchanges and refunds.

WildRun
GTR EVOLUTION Gameplay (with T500 + TH8 Sequential + Display XR + Rev Burner + Galaxy S2)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKilPv0sJbI">YouTube Link</a>

Nice setup shame about the right tv being a bit off colour

Back