• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
T500 RS + TH8 RS modded with sparco pedals & sparco Knob:
http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=5990

TopView-1.jpg

ISOView-1.jpg

PedalView-1.jpg

ShifterView-1.jpg

That's beautiful- it fits with the look if the T500RS (or is it the other way around but complimentary regardless). It's one reason why I've decided on the T500RS (along with the ginanormous Power Supply and motor)- the simple and no-nonsense design.

Sweet setup VW, got my tach set up with a Rev Burner a few weeks ago. I want one more for a speedometer. A triple screen is down the road.

Rear part with fixation for Power Supply:
FrontView-1.jpg

That's pure genius. The PS to the T500RS is huge- and no offence to Fanatec owner (and their wheel owners as well) :) and fans- even bigger than than the much touted CSR-E's.

One thing I would've done differently (regarding the PS mount) is to not cover the blue light (power on indicator).

That's pure genius. The PS to the T500RS is huge- and no offence to Fanatec owner (and their wheel owners as well) :) and fans- even bigger than than the much touted CSR-E's.

One thing I would've done differently (regarding the PS mount) is to not cover the blue light (power on indicator).

Size doesn't mean everything though. Just look at the PSU of a PC nowadays. The size has been the same ever since the ATX standard was introduced. However the PSU's then delivered 120watts max, but now they go up to 1200 watt and even 1500 watt. All in the same small package.

So yeah, size doesn't say much. When you read the sticker on the PSU it does deliver more power then the PSU of the CSR Elite, however that difference is not that big.

Lol power adapter size? OK.

He didn't cover the power light, you can see it in another pic.

IMO the only think this rig needs is some kind of floor as an option so you can mount it to a Dbox, or raise it a little.

For me the pedals would be too high up I think with my EU size 37 feet. lol
Also I think I'd like a higher position as well. You could put some good tactile under it or other electronics if needed.

But then again, seems he's a minimalist by nature. At least that is what I see in the pictures, not only the rigs but the room as well.

Size doesn't mean everything though. Just look at the PSU of a PC nowadays. The size has been the same ever since the ATX standard was introduced. However the PSU's then delivered 120watts max, but now they go up to 1200 watt and even 1500 watt. All in the same small package.

So yeah, size doesn't say much. When you read the sticker on the PSU it does deliver more power then the PSU of the CSR Elite, however that difference is not that big.

It may not matter but when you pull out the measuring tape, the number's tangible. As long as you don't read too much into it.

I'm looking at the custom rig- me think the pedal mount unit is adjustable- that is you're able to bring it down (and up if your feet is even bigger).

Lol power adapter size? OK.

He didn't cover the power light, you can see it in another pic.

IMO the only think this rig needs is some kind of floor as an option so you can mount it to a Dbox, or raise it a little.

Yes, I can see that- again, brilliant and well though out.

Last edited:
It may not matter but when you pull out the measuring tape, the number's tangible. As long as you don't read too much into it.

I'm looking at the custom rig- me think the pedal mount unit is adjustable- that is you're able to bring it down (and up if your feet is even bigger).

If you look at his pics you can see he already brought the pedals down far by a pedal plate length via a custom spacer. Which I doubt lets it lower even further looking at it.

Oh well, it's his custom build rig and not mine. ;)
I still have to figure out how I want mine to be, but probably it'll be from alu profiles and very modular.

HELP!!!!

Anyone know how to remove the stupid black frame from the pedals?

I've removed the hex screw but there is another screw and it is secured via a ring like fastener?

How can I get it off?

Do i have to break it?

Thanks

If you look at his pics you can see he already brought the pedals down far by a pedal plate length via a custom spacer. Which I doubt lets it lower even further looking at it.

Oh well, it's his custom build rig and not mine. ;)
I still have to figure out how I want mine to be, but probably it'll be from alu profiles and very modular.

I was thinking more in line with the whole pedal/power supply mount/housing being height adjustable although from what I'm seeing the guy probably has to remove the "hood" (where the PS unit's mounted) to access the screw holes. At least that's how I would do it.

Anybody had issues when playing GT when the wheel recalibrates it's self while racing? It also sometimes loses it centre and either goes 5degrees left or right as the new centre..... :/

No, not at all. :embarrassed:

However, mine is starting it's fans after like 15 minutes and keeps them running. Is that what you guys see with your wheels, too? It's not really hot or so.

My fan seems to be fine tbh, just comes on after extended use, when it's cooler it turns off.

Not sure if my issue could be related to doing the licences, constant restarts and dq's and have to keep pressing x?.......

Be good if PD added a calibration section in with the wheel option instead having to quit out and restart every time it happens.

No, not at all. :embarrassed:

However, mine is starting it's fans after like 15 minutes and keeps them running. Is that what you guys see with your wheels, too? It's not really hot or so.

I have the same problem as you. Mine does turn off if the wheel remains idle for a while. On my box, I have the V2 version. How about you? I was thinking maybe it has to do with our version of this fan.

At least we don't have abnormally noisy fan problem that some people seem have.

Back