The Walking Dead

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 65 comments
Just finished Episode 5...
🤬 emotional. Didn't see a lot of that coming. There were some very difficult choices to make this time around. Season 2 can not come soon enough

Activisions Walking Dead FPS (The focus of this game is on Daryl & Merle with voice actors Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker on board)

Just finished Episode 5...
🤬 emotional. Didn't see a lot of that coming. There were some very difficult choices to make this time around. Season 2 can not come soon enough

For sure.

Probably one of the best games I've played in recent years. Mostly for how it gives you those decisions. This is why game media can be more powerful than film media. Never have I felt moved in a film more than this game.

What is surprising is no-one come close to making this game in the last 7 seven years and took some indie guys to figure it out, I've been thinking something like this can be done for years. Makes Heavy Rain a poor game indeed.

Can't wait for more

by the way, full game is ÂŁ10.49 on Steam again, don't miss it.

Mine played without issues.

After completing the game I looked around the net for views and videos of what people thought and how the other stuff played out. Many xbox 360 videos I watched were a broken mess. People complaining etc on forums. Sorry for them the experience was tainted.

Last edited:
There is now a pre-release trailer:

Despite it's looks, the game still feels right. Pre-ordering will net you the 'Herd Mode' DLC with wave after wave of zombie fun :)

Walking Dead the game is just something like Bioshock with Zombies. I mean pore version :) Well i think I'll play it.

This game has the same graphics as Medal of honor Frontline in HD from ps2 on ps3, and Call of Duty Classic. Pore!

But the game it self it's simple, and it's only for core fans of Walking Dead Tv series. Which means ill sink in after Bioshock. :)

I'm not bothered about the graphics. A good looking game is a bonus but not that much of an issue if the gameplay does what it should, at least it isn't for me.

Not out here until the day after tomorrow, so I'll see if any of the below is true when it gets here. I know someone in the US who is already playing this and the below comments are all confirmed. Seems like a solid survival horror - ie: not an FPS which some people seem to be expecting.

I was skeptical, but I learned that you can create a game that uses one fundamental type of enemy and still maintains challenge, intensity, and intrigue throughout. There are no super-zombies or acid-spitter zombies in The Walking Dead universe, but we found that by adding lots of behavioral and physical variations within the accepted Walker ‘spectrum’, we were able to keep players scared and surprised throughout the game. –Russell Mirabelli, Lead Programmer

Well-defined parameters work really well to help bring out creative solutions to problems. For example, one of Survival Instinct’s points of focus is on replayability, rather than a single static campaign where you see everything the first time you play. So that helped inspire elements like the Travel System and its unpredictable Road Events, catering to unique playstyles and results based on player’s weapon loadouts, flexible and dynamic Walker AI, and branching paths on the Georgia map. –Jason Alexander, Primary Level Designer

One thing I learned through extensive hours of playing The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is to always, always CLOSE DOORS BEHIND YOU! It seems like something so innocuous that it wouldn’t be a big deal, but trust me: it is. I can’t count the number of times where I get into an altercation in a room that only had one or two walkers in it, only to have a flood of them hear the noise and pour out of the door that I haplessly left open behind me (d’oh). This is especially significant when you’re entering a building since the dead pretty much run rampant in the streets — an open door might as well be a neon sign inviting them in after you. Metal doors are the best since the walkers can’t break through them, but even those flimsy wooden doors are enough to delay the herd and buy you a few precious seconds to GTFO. So, for heaven’s sake, shut the dang door on your way in and out! –Dino Verano, Activision Associate Producer

A key lesson for me during the course of development was to see the importance of Daryl’s crossbow. Our initial builds only allowed melee weapons and firearms, so there was no real way to kill a walker from a distance without drawing the entire street to your location. When TRI introduced the crossbow, it opened up all kinds of possibilities in strategically pacifying an area of walkers. Add the ability to reuse ammo and we have a great candidate for the ultimate zombie weapon. If you gave me a choice between Daryl’s crossbow and two bolts, or an assault rifle with a full 30 round clip. I’ll take the crossbow every time! –Matt Hohl, Activision Producer

Full article

Last edited:
Season Two is out next month:

My PS3 will still be getting so attention for this even after the PS4 is here, loved the first one and the preview for S2, can't wait for this.

I can't wait for Season Two either. I played the first season when it was first released on PS3 and now I'm replaying it on the Vita while making slightly different choices and I'm actually quite surprised at how some little changes make a huge difference in the dialogue. Season One was one of my absolute favorite games in 2012 and I think Season Two will be another favorite. Really excited to get my hands on this.

I lost breath watching that trailer I got that excited! Season one was fantastic with a game putting emphasis on Dialogue and decisions than outright gameplay. Many heartstrings were pulled playing that game!

I bought Season One 3 months ago and haven't even touched it until today. A few hours in and I already know this is gonna be feelsy.

*Keeps eye on Season 2*

The Walking Dead releases Dec. 17th.

icny29.jpg

STEAM
About the Game

The Walking Dead: Season Two continues the story of Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the undead apocalypse. Left to fend for herself, she has been forced to learn how to survive in a world gone mad.

Many months have passed since the events seen in Season One of The Walking Dead, and Clementine is searching for safety. But what can an ordinary child do to stay alive when the living can be just as bad – and sometimes worse – than the dead? As Clementine, you will be tested by situations and dilemmas that will test your morals and your instinct for survival. Your decisions and actions will change the story around you, in this sequel to 2012’s Game of the Year.

Key Features

• Decisions you made in Season One and in 400 Days will affect your story in Season Two

• Based on Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic books

• Play as Clementine, an orphaned girl forced to grow up fast by the world around her

• The sequel to 2012’s Game of the Year

Not sure what I'll do for season 2, play the episodes or wait till the complete version. Probably the latter for money reasons but I so want to continue the story.

Watch a playthrough on Youtube :lol: Get the complete version sounds better if your talking money-wise.

Episode 2 is up and ready for those who have been waiting. Gonna free up a couple of hours this weekend to see how it is.

I thought the first episode alone felt more fun to play through than much of the Season 1. Although the character building for this new band of survivors is still only just beginning. I'm expecting high levels of drama as always.

The new episode is filled with awesomeness, but I won't give anything away. I wish they could get these episodes out faster. I'm already psyched for the next one!

Just finished chapter 3. How on Earth Kenny can still stand tall after everything he's lost is admirable. And I'd be lying if I said his brand of stone-cold brutality wasn't satisfying to a degree, given who the victim was.

The only thing that soured the end for me was when the game thought I chose to kill the walker that was biting Sarita's hand when I actually wanted to slice her arm off to save her from turning. But I guess he's pretty used to witnessing tragic events involving those he cares for most. :indiff:

Last edited:
Back