Time Trial #63 880PP Formula GT/480PP Subaru Impreza

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 986 comments
No ^ But, In a room like that RH V & C would be eligible yet.

Thanks, so any particular advantages using RH V / C against the normal RH tires ? I've read somewhere about better traction or more lateral grip on either tires, if this is true, it might give better lap times.

rosckolove
I have also read of this. It exists. The exact benefit was unknown if even existent, at least the last time I read about it.

I have done testing on the comfort hard versions for drifting. Haven't done much since my thread's last OP update. Through testing I had noticed the different types of handling characteristics. Which type V was for inline grip, and type C was for horizontal grip. On some cars they affected it in a good way, some in a bad way. It depends on the car though.

Also through testing them after the update me and others noticed what I was stating in my previous post. Before the update it said exactly what tires the person is using.

DiersZee1
So like before the update / attempt at removing the hacked cars, where tyre types were shown, you cannot tell any more?

If someone is running Comfort Soft TypeV or C, it wont ever display it? Even in Lobby's?
Exactly.

Like i said, if someone is running any hidden tires, it will (after the update) show the person using the tires that came on the car when you first buy it.

So say for example. The Subaru Impreza comes with sports hard. The tire regulation is set at comfort softs. If I run Comfort Softs it will show that I am running Comfort Soft tires. If I run Comfort Hard type C or V tires, it will show Sports Hard tires

Endless-Wilso
Hacked tires are displayed in lobby's .

No they are not. They were before PD's half 🤬 update, but not after.

Ridox2JZGTE
Thanks, so any particular advantages using RH V / C against the normal RH tires ? I've read somewhere about better traction or more lateral grip on either tires, if this is true, it might give better lap times.

I'll have a look tonight.

They should say about the same. This is the Comfort Hard Type C and Type V description for example...

Type V
2013-04-28012835_zps3465b562.jpg

Type C
2013-04-28012859_zpse38bba74.jpg

I'll have a look at all of the tires tonight and see if there are any differences in the description. I'll have to add them to my save because I do not have any out side Comfort Hard class

Last edited:
It does in seasonal events.

So, one can have Super Soft and will still be shown as RH in FGT event for example ?

I have done testing on the comfort hard versions for drifting. Haven't done much since my thread's last OP update. Through testing I had noticed the different types of handling characteristics. Which type V was for inline grip, and type C was for horizontal grip. On some cars they affected it in a good way, some in a bad way. It depends on the car though.

Also through testing them after the update me and others noticed what I was stating in my previous post. Before the update it said exactly what tires the person is using.

Like i said, if someone is running any hidden tires, it will (after the update) show the person using the tires that came on the car when you first buy it.

So say for example. The Subaru Impreza comes with sports hard. The tire regulation is set at comfort softs. If I run Comfort Softs it will show that I am running Comfort Soft tires. If I run Comfort Hard type C or V tires, it will show Sports Hard tires

I'll have a look at all of the tires tonight and see if there are any differences in the description. I'll have to add them to my save because I do not have any out side Comfort Hard class

So, the FGT could have RH V / C and we'll never know as it will be shown as RH . Imagine the advantage it gives with more horizontal grip with high downforce car.

Thanks for your detailed description and explanation L2L. Hopefully this sheds some light on how these glitched parts (tires in this case) can have an effect on these TT's. I have known about the effects for awhile, just didn't know how to go about explaining it without further confusing people, as I'm not so good with words. You have done a great job with your explanation and thanks for taking the time to do so.

WOW...Now I understand the frustration of the modding group. There were some who were honest with modding and lobby racing, but left us with all the cheaters!

This bites.

Ridox2JZGTE
So, one can have Super Soft and will still be shown as RH in FGT event for example ?

So, the FGT could have RH V / C and we'll never know as it will be shown as RH . Imagine the advantage it gives with more horizontal grip with high downforce car.
If the regulation for that FGT event is set at Racing Hard, they can use Racing Hard, Racing Hard Type C, or Racing Hard Type V. As far as I know, hey cannot use the Super Soft tires. I guess I will go onto another user name and check those super soft tires just to make sure. I will see if it let's me enter, but I will not do the event because I do not cheat.

Also yes you are absolutely correct. If they are using Type C or Type V tires, you will never know. Like I said before, thank PD for that. Basically it enabled cheating.
GTP_CargoRat
Thanks for your detailed description and explanation L2L. Hopefully this sheds some light on how these glitched parts (tires in this case) can have an effect on these TT's. I have known about the effects for awhile, just didn't know how to go about explaining it without further confusing people, as I'm not so good with words. You have done a great job with your explanation and thanks for taking the time to do so.

No problem. I just wanted to clear that up for some people.

Yeah, I am trying not to cause any confusion hahaha.
Bluecat84
This is strange, because it has not closed the trial of Subaru?
Probably they either haven't noticed it yet, or the update prevents PD from seeing it too. That I have no idea though.
DiersZee1
WOW...Now I understand the frustration of the modding group. There were some who were honest with modding and lobby racing, but left us with all the cheaters!

This bites.
Yeah, pretty that was the result of the update.
I am one of the honest people. I only swapped engines, drive-trains, removed wings (when I did that I also removed downforce completely). I did this for drifting only. I never had seen the need to cheat. If I am racing, I used a none hybrided car. I have sense to leave my hybrids in the garage when they didn't belong on the track.

It does suck that all of the stuff that you could do that wasn't cheating is gone, and what's left is still the same thing that was upsetting everyone in the first place. So the update was a complete loss for both sides.

That's why when most of the people on the hybrid threads would get upset when people came in after the update and posted things like, "glad all of you cheaters can't cheat anymore" or "that's what you cheaters get". Most of the realistic hybriders (as in stuff I did) knew that anything you did affected the PP system. So basically it was impossible before to cheat. So yeah, that's just the way it is.

I will have a look at what the tire description says for every tire. I will try to do it tonight or tomorrow afternoon, and I will let you guys know.

Last edited:
I will laugh my butt off if PD comes up with a patch before this TT ends and wipes everyone with any form of hack right off it! Maybe ill stay top 10

nofearmx94
I will laugh my butt off if PD comes up with a patch before this TT ends and wipes everyone with any form of hack right off it! Maybe ill stay top 10

I agree, as long as they do it to the people actually cheating.

If the regulation for that FGT event is set at Racing Hard, they can use Racing Hard, Racing Hard Type C, or Racing Hard Type V. As far as I know, hey cannot use the Super Soft tires. I guess I will go onto another user name and check those super soft tires just to make sure. I will see if it let's me enter, but I will not do the event because I do not cheat.

Also yes you are absolutely correct. If they are using Type C or Type V tires, you will never know. Like I said before, thank PD for that. Basically it enabled cheating.

Damn, so now even for the top 5 FGT TT, there's no way we can know if they are using RH V / C tires, but is there anything that might be detected by watching the replay ?

I guess it might take someone who know the limits of the FGT with RH tires to find out if any of the top times are cheating or not. Now the number one is at 1:09.444, he's getting faster everyday and he gained almost half a second from the YT video posted where he went through the chicane by going over the curb. I am having more doubts about top drivers now :( PD should have just clear the board and disable tuning.

Ridox2JZGTE
Damn, so now even for the top 5 FGT TT, there's no way we can know if they are using RH V / C tires, but is there anything that might be detected by watching the replay ?

I guess it might take someone who know the limits of the FGT with RH tires to find out if any of the top times are cheating or not. Now the number one is at 1:09.444, he's getting faster everyday and he gained almost half a second from the YT video posted where he went through the chicane by going over the curb. I am having more doubts about top drivers now :( PD should have just clear the board and disable tuning.

Yep there is no way to tell. Nopw, even in the replay it will not show. I take it the restrictions is Racing Hard tires?

Tell you what. If there is someone that will help me test this I will have no problem sending them a set of tires to see if there is any advantage to them. I am strongly against cheating so if there is someone who wants to see if there is, please do it in your lounge or offline.

@lock2lock thanks for the detailed info on the tires. Really interesting points - i guess in a way you could look at the two types of comfort softs V and C then as sort of the same as running a turbo or not - in the sense you would be running the same PP - but one could offer a better advantage for a particular car and track and driving style compared to the other. (given that both were legal) so there isn't really a way of knowing how much quicker they are apart from based on leaderboard anomalies and trial and error.

@USCombatvet Im using the same car as you - currently around p235 I think its quicker to do the engine upgrades and run with as much torque as possible, including the high end turbo, with some ballast. I'll post my tune later if you want. I think I can improve to a 1,33.3 with it hopefully.

Yep there is no way to tell. Nopw, even in the replay it will not show. I take it the restrictions is Racing Hard tires?

Tell you what. If there is someone that will help me test this I will have no problem sending them a set of tires to see if there is any advantage to them. I am strongly against cheating so if there is someone who wants to see if there is, please do it in your lounge or offline.

I will test it for you we do a fgt practice race in a lounge tonight I can tell you what the exact difference is and put it on you tube to highlight it if you like

skyline1683
I will test it for you we do a fgt practice race in a lounge tonight I can tell you what the exact difference is and put it on you tube to highlight it if you like

If you want sure. Add my old PSN ID KYOKI-Zach

If you want sure. Add my old PSN ID KYOKI-Zach

If you two don't mind, please do a thorough tests ( RH + RH V + RH C ), my suggestions : acceleration + braking at SSRX, high speed cornering at Daytona Oval, and High Speed Ring Reverse ( medium speed ). Don't forget Cote'D Azur as well :D I am curious to see if there's any differences.

@Lock2Lock : So grip multi has been confirmed do not work anymore ? how about increasing downforce more than max legit settings available on FGT at Cote'D Azur, will it give better lap times ? Be sure to equip Triple plate clutch + racing flywheel - I am sure these gives certain effect and cannot be detected.
Sorry if I ask too many questions, please answer them if you have free time :)

Add my psn skyline_catt1683 I will do a full test and post all results on to my you tube channel so everyone can see the difference

So five days ago I was struggling to even get gold in the FGT. I finally broke the top 200. I'm very close to my goal of top 100 by the time its over. JUST starting to feel bits of confidence in the corners. I have a second to gain if I strung together my best sectors and I'm finally consistant enough to Chase my ghost and compare lines. The wheel is great fun. I am not too worried about the cheating. It will get sorted by PD eventually. GT6 is right around the corner anyway. Happy racing folks.

Last edited:
So five days ago I was struggling to even get gold in the FGT. I finally broke the top 200. I'm very close to my goal of top 100 by the time its over. JUST starting to feel bits of confidence in the corners. I have a second to gain if I strung together my best sectors and I'm finally consistant enough to Chase my ghost and compare lines. The wheel is great fun. I am not too worried about the cheating. It will get sorted by PD eventually. GT6 is right around the corner anyway. Happy racing folks.

Seems you have just about mastered 'the wheel', and in pretty short time too.

I'm sure some here who are using a controller will start thinking about getting one themselves.

Excellent.

Ok, I know they are not eligible on a list of tires that can be used. I was stating that the people's names that show them using "Sports Hard", ARE NOT using sports hard tires. They are most likely using Comfort Soft Type V or Type C. They cannot bypass the restrictions on the Comfort Class. So I was just informing you guys that because of PD's update you will not be able to see which tire they are actually using. But I assure you it is not anything above the Comfort Soft class tire.

Yep.
Thanks for reading my post.

Both of you missed the point entirely. This should not need explaining. Using ANY compound higher than a basic comfort soft is not within the regulations. I read your post. I understood your post as enabling cheaters. If you cannot admit that then we're done here.

@USCombatvet Im using the same car as you - currently around p235 I think its quicker to do the engine upgrades and run with as much torque as possible, including the high end turbo, with some ballast. I'll post my tune later if you want. I think I can improve to a 1,33.3 with it hopefully.
Thanks for the tip!

I'm sure some here who are using a controller will start thinking about getting one themselves.

Excellent.

Or get jealous because they can't :indiff:

Or get jealous because they can't :indiff:

I wish I had had a wheel from day one, which is many years ago now, but I'm happy with the controller and likely will not buy one now.

And I really like the convenience of a controller.

I did think it would take longer to get used to a wheel though.

Both of you missed the point entirely. This should not need explaining. Using ANY compound higher than a basic comfort soft is not within the regulations. I read your post. I understood your post as enabling cheaters. If you cannot admit that then we're done here.

Thanks for the tip!

Yes, we know this. Common knowledge. Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding where you are going with this. What you have stated is just common knowledge and clearly stated in the rules, so I am having trouble understanding why you brought it up in the first place. L2L, or I, are not denying anything. He is just explaining the "hows" of using other tires.

Yes, we know this. Common knowledge. Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding where you are going with this. What you have stated is just common knowledge and clearly stated in the rules, so I am having trouble understanding why you brought it up in the first place. L2L, or I, are not denying anything. He is just explaining the "hows" of using other tires.

I think what he's saying, is that the way L2L was coming across was that "It's ok because people are still using comfort softs, they're just a better type of comfort softs." Which I know wasn't what he meant, but I can see how it could be interpreted that way.

Ridox2JZGTE
@Lock2Lock : So grip multi has been confirmed do not work anymore ? how about increasing downforce more than max legit settings available on FGT at Cote'D Azur, will it give better lap times ? Be sure to equip Triple plate clutch + racing flywheel - I am sure these gives certain effect and cannot be detected.
Sorry if I ask too many questions, please answer them if you have free time :)
I have no idea if the grip multiplier works or not. But if it is still working, honestly it isn't cheating to me, because grip multiplier actually affects the PP.

I know for a face the Racing Flywheel and Triple Plate Clutch still are able to be used.

USARMYCOMBATVET

!
I think you missed the point entirely. I got asked a question so I answered.
"Understood my post as enabling cheaters"? What is that supposed to mean?

I think what he's saying, is that the way L2L was coming across was that "It's ok because people are still using comfort softs, they're just a better type of comfort softs." Which I know wasn't what he meant, but I can see how it could be interpreted that way.

Ah, ok. I didn't see L3L's post in that way, but I guess I can see where the confusion would set in. Thanks for the explanation, sometimes I just need to be hit upside my head I guess. :lol:

Also, I certainly do not see L2L as enabling cheaters. He was just explaining things to everyone here so they would know how the cheaters could be cheating with the tires.

Last edited:
i have use my ds3 from gt1 so i believe that i ll be very very slow with a wheel.....:)

for the history

Monaco 2013

Fastest Lap
Sebastian Vettel 1:16.577
Pole Position
Nico Rosberg 1:13.876

xmm...i think that they need more practice or some lessons from the top leaders of FGT tt ......lol

Excellent.

I am quite far from mastering it. When I run a 1:09.443 I would be close. Im curreny in the mid 12's. I am making great progress though and its amazingly satisfying. That feeling you get when you just beat your best time by a couple tenths is how I feel almost every corner. Especially when you start turning the car with the throttle and brakes more so than just the wheel. Refurbished G27's on newegg for $200. If you want one bad enough you will make it happen.

Thanks for the tip!

Is English not your first language? I think you're the one missing the point. Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Thanks for the tip!

Read my pm. L2L is not condoning cheating. He is against it as much as I, and others, are. I think you simply misunderstood his post. He is one of the good guys here and only trying to help others understand how the cheating is being done. He has put many hours into testing and is very thourough in what he does. He should be thanked for his efforts, not thought of as a cheat. If you go back and carefully read his posts from start to finish, I am pretty sure you will see that you simply took his post the wrong way. :cheers:

Back