Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
The "news" is usually the weakest part of the episode, at least in recent seasons.

Whatever auto news they do present tends to lose relevance as the months and years go by anyway, so it's no big loss.

Last edited:
Topgear to be investigated by Ofcom for the Slope thing..

I think that this now gives BBC an excuse to sack Clarkson. Though if I am going to do that, I would also reassign May as well, as much as I like the poor sod. I think that @m8h3r has the right idea in getting younger with the presenters, and that, I think has caused more harm than good with the first two seasons of the US version of the show with their sudden introduction.

Why did it take me so long to find this? :lol:

"You can text us, but please don't do that, the whole reason that Alexander Graham Bell developed the telephone was so that we could talk to each other, not write to each other."

Last edited:
When I've got a spare two and a half hours I will definitely give that a listen! thanks for putting it up 👍

Clarkson, Hammond and May were spotted at Castle Combe recently.
Japfest_13.jpg

Japfest_14.jpg

Japfest_15.jpg

http://www.carthrottle.com/see-the-top-gear-boys-filming-at-japfest-2014/

Something tells me non of those cars will end up being destroyed in a ridiculous fashion. Lest they invoke the wrath of many a motor enthusiast.

I was there, at Japfest - they were on the track with quite a few other cars, actually. I'm guessing it's a 'can our modified classic cars beat modified japanese cars' challenge that will end as expected. Hammond looked the fastest out of the trio (but still slower than all of the other cars there) and May looked by far the slowest.

Is that a ricer behind May? :lol:

IIRC that one wasn't actually too bad...

Why did it take me so long to find this? :lol:

"You can text us, but please don't do that, the whole reason that Alexander Graham Bell developed the telephone was so that we could talk to each other, not write to each other."

I heard this once, I was in stitches! So now I am listening to it again!

I skipped over the last series of Top Gear after episode... two I think. The shopping centre one. Haven't watched the Burma special neither.

But seeing those three cars gives me hope that a genuine challenge could be on the cards. A genuine challenge on Top Gear. Could it be?

Being partly Japanese, I take offense to the word "Japfest" and ask BBC to please ban Top Gear completely for the name of an event that is probably not their fault at all.

-

Thank you.
All seriousness now though, isn't "Japanese" now considered offensive. I don't remember why but I think it was a slang term for Japanese people during the war.

All seriousness now though, isn't "Japanese" now considered offensive. I don't remember why but I think it was a slang term for Japanese people during the war.

I think the 'auto correct' got you there ;) Now offensive to call Japanese people Japanese, I need to note that down :lol:

I swear that said it the shortened way at the start of "Japfest", maybe I was right and the mods got to me. :scared:

That's the swear filter working. And yes, a lot of people still have very strong feelings about the word, which is why it's filtered. ;)

Back