Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
That's the swear filter working. And yes, a lot of people still have very strong feelings about the word, which is why it's filtered. ;)
I knew I read it on here somewhere. Hope they went the the "unusuallymodifiedcar/ricerfest" otherwise Jeremy is getting the Henry VIII treatment.

All seriousness now though, isn't "Japanese" now considered offensive. I don't remember why but I think it was a slang term for Japanese people during the war.
Yes it is rather offensive. As is calling them by the name of the then prime minister.

just rewatching some... ep 6 season 4, Hammond's test of the then new 3-series, at 31:57, he gets passed by a Ford Mustang, just stood out to me watching it just now. Mustangs in Englang?!?

just rewatching some... ep 6 season 4, Hammond's test of the then new 3-series, at 31:57, he gets passed by a Ford Mustang, just stood out to me watching it just now. Mustangs in Englang?!?
Yep, you can ask a Ford dealer to ship one in. I've seen a fair few.

Grey imports as well. Though people tend to import the automatic V6 models, just because they're cheaper to buy and they're not after the performance in most cases.

I saw (a non local) one about 3 hours ago. Considering that I've spent the past 2 and a half hours watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it's fairly easy to establish that the last time I saw one was when I last went outside. I guess they vary in how common they are throughout the country.

You see a lot of Corvettes around Peterborough.

I see them every once I a while. There's a guy near me with a Ford Thunderbird too.

I saw (a non local) one about 3 hours ago. Considering that I've spent the past 2 and a half hours watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it's fairly easy to establish that the last time I saw one was when I last went outside. I guess they vary in how common they are throughout the country.

You see a lot of Corvettes around Peterborough.

You have taste.

So when are the guys back for a new series then? because Jeremy said on the P1 v 918 bit of the last series that they would be back on in June or July...I reckon they will be back once the World Cup is done..

I'm in England (east midlands) and I have never even seen a mustang as far as I remember.
I'm from East midlands too.

I've seen probably 2-3 modern ones, but this one was the best.
Mustang.jpg

So when are the guys back for a new series then? because Jeremy said on the P1 v 918 bit of the last series that they would be back on in June or July...I reckon they will be back once the World Cup is done..
I think they're on a World tour of Top Gear Live at the moment (they've recently been to Barbados, Italy and Russia). I'd guess if the bulk of the next series has been filmed then they can air it after the tour as only the studio filming would need to be done and that's done on Wednesday's before an episode goes out.

Ok, I think it'll be back after the World Cup, because it is throwing the TV schedule around quite a bit, it finishes middle of next month..

I was watching Top Gear The Perfect Road Trip the other day. Throughout their trip, Richard refuses to eat everything that is delicious except for maybe a bag of crips and the nastiest hot dog that I've ever seen. In Italy and France of all the places in the world.

Last edited:
Taking this thread back to Top Gear...I'm excited for the new season on BBC America! (In Alabama, not many choices for that here XD).

But why does that channel play Star Trek episodes so much?

The more bad press they get, the better, I say! Helps to keep their bad-boys image going! Well, Clarkson's bad-boy image anyways. If I don't feel like he's insulted at least 1/3 of the world by the time an episode's over, I'm a bit disappointed.

May is previously on record as saying that it he ever came to power, he would immediately 'carpet-bomb' the quaint Oxfordshire town (Burford).

Oh. You mean the claim that Clarkson jokingly brought to light at the beginning of the Abarth 500 review 11 seasons ago? How relevant.

:lol:

I'm more concerned about the fact they were crashing Peugeot's in a field. Sounds like more cheap, tasteless comedy to me.

I'm sorry I just hate the idea of destroying perfectly functioning cars for the sake of a laugh. I know they're capable of much better, that's why I complain, if they were a lost cause like Top Gear America I wouldn't bother.

Hmmm... just hung out with the guys from Mongoose Motorsports today. They built 9 of their Corvettes for Fast Five, and were happy 6 of them were destroyed in the filming, because they got to build and sell more cars. I imagine Peugeot doesn't mind Top Gear buying and wrecking their cars for entertainment value, not sure why you would.

Well, considering its Peugeot, they'll most likely portray those cars much the same way they portrayed the Morris Marina before dropping a piano on its roof.:lol:

They're obviously trying to inspire someone to complain to the BBC in accordance with their "724 complaints are fine, but we draw the line at 725" policy and get Clarkson fired, and they would be thoroughly pleased with themselves for bringing it about.

It's strange that for toilet paper with such a conservative readership, they seem to resent the very existence of the least politically-correct man in Britain. You'd think they'd treat him as a national treasure.

Back