Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
Also found in Clarkson's Porsche...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...ellend-number-plate-in-Falklands-Porsche.html

Bell-End_3066804b.jpg

Anyone still believe the Falklands number plate was an innocent mistake??

From the article.

For starters we would not base a joke around soldiers in conflict.

They've made plenty of WWII jokes and there was the "Berlin to Warsaw on only one tank" advert they made, I think they've just searched for a V8 car with a plate containing FKL or various other acronyms until they found something suitable.

Crack on with that and let me know how you get on.
Couldn't find a V8 unfortunately but they could have built the challenge around the number plate, some random FKL searches. :crazy:

F585 FKL - 1988 Ford Granada
NU51 FKL - 2001 Rover 25
WV58 FKL - 2008 Skoda Roomster
A058 FKL - 2008 Renault Laguna
FY54 FKL - 2004 Vauxhall Astra
FV53 FKL - 2003 Peugeot 307
OU51 FKL - 2001 Volkswagen Golf
F809 FKL - 1989 Rover 827
F867 FKL - 1988 Ford Sierra
H415 FKL - 1991 Peugeot 405
F655 FKL - 1988 Volvo 240
F98 FKL - 1988 Toyota Corolla
FKL 532Y - 1983 Vauxhall Cavalier
C417 FKL - 1986 Ford Sierra
C283 FKL - 1986 Volvo 240
C67 FKL - 1986 Peugeot 205
C716 FKL - 1986 Ford Granada
C307 FKL - 1986 Volkswagen Polo
C231 FKL - 1986 Austin Maestro
OY61 FKL - 2011 Land Rover Freelander
FV14 FKL - 2014 Audi A4

They have made jokes about wars before, no question. Licence plate thing is just an unhappy coincidence.

Can't be many Rover 800s left on the road. Nor mid 80s Granadas; actual ones and not Scorpios.

they could have built the challenge around the number plate

That would be an incredibly contrived challenge. "I know, let's drive through Patagonia with a car which has a number plate that can be interpreted as a vague reference to the Falklands war that was already fitted with that number plate when we bought it!" seems like a far less likely thing to come up in a discussion as to what they should do for that years Christmas special than "So, where haven't we driven through on one of these specials before?"

"Hmm... I'll get a globe. Patagonia?"

"Yeah. Sounds cool. A bit more low key than some of our previous adventures, but they have Welsh people there who we can compare Richard Hammond to and laugh at."

"Yeah. Great idea. Now, what sort of vehicle have we not used in these challenges before?"

"Cheap V8 sports cars?"

"Perfect!"

Seriously.

So does anyone know when the show will be back on, because I don't think it'll be on from now until Christmas because it'll go up against the X Factor and they postponed a series a few years ago because of that, I reckon the Xmas special will air in the week between Xmas and new year as usual and the series will follow that...

A lot of the newspapers mentioning the whole numberplate thing said that they were filming for a special that is to be aired in March next year. TG's article (listed above) say it will be another 2 hour special, much like the Africa and Burma specials, which were also shown in March. Assuming it's the now-usual 6 episode schedule (including the two special segments), I'd expect the next series to start in late January/early February. Could be wrong though, I'm just guessing from what we've seen in the past few series.

Darwin newspapers are reporting that Top Gear will be coming to the Top End for an adventure some time in the new year. There's no word on what they would be doing, but I assume they would be following the Burke and Wills expedition from Adelaide to Darwin, or maybe Darwin to Cairns. Or if they're ambitious, Darwin to Perth.

So Clarkson has put his foot in it again with a tweet insinuating that he was drink driving. He really can't help himself can he!

Screenshot (32).png

Clarkson: Molehill
Media: Mountain

He didn't explicitly say that he was driving, nor did he say that he was drinking.

Honestly, he can't even fart without people making a big deal out of it. On the one hand, it's great because he thrives on this kind of publicity but on the other, it's damn well embarrassing.

2014 hasn't really been a good year for Clarkson. The 'slope' and rhyming controversy, then a divorce, then his mum dying, the FKL plate, getting a speding fine and now this. I know people are plainly out to get him, but now its just pathetic, since most of this stuff wasn't (on the surface, at least) of his own accord.

Watched Celebrity Juice today from last Thursday when Hammond was on it, Keith Lemon asked him how Jeremy Clarkson and the lesbian one was! :lol::lol:

Back