VGT STOLEN or PD has not got a exclusive licence

You see this everywhere.

Example many mods on RFactor, Assetto Corsa, Rigs of Rods, GTAIV, are models ripped from Forza etc... Its quite sad really.
I find in AC, at least in the forums that I go to, that mods ripped without permission are looked down upon severely, much like hackers are here in GT6. Some sites like Race Department won't even allow a link to a mod if it isn't either original or comes with permission from the creator to be ported over. Can't speak for the other games of course.

I find in AC, at least in the forums that I go to, that mods ripped without permission are looked down upon severely, much like hackers are here in GT6. Some sites like Race Department won't even allow a link to a mod if it isn't either original or comes with permission from the creator to be ported over. Can't speak for the other games of course.
I know a couple rFactor mods that have ripped cars that won't let you install the mod unless (IIRC) the installer detects the game the cars came from on your computer.

Sadly, this is common practice these days. People are ripping off models from all kinds of race games (e.g. pCARS, Forza, GT), then offering them for sale as a mod or as a standalone product, passing it off as their own development. E.g. the M1 Procar was ripped from pCars and the offered (for money) as an AC mod. Same for several Forza cars.

This should be reported to PD/Sony/Mercedes so they can take appropriate action.

You see this everywhere.

Example many mods on RFactor, Assetto Corsa, Rigs of Rods, GTAIV, are models ripped from Forza etc... Its quite sad really.

Thing is, mods for PC sims are usually free. This game is one you have to pay for and its primary content (not mods or DLC) consists of blatently ripped models from another game. If anything, its right on grounds for legal action as these guys are clearly making profit off of it without getting any sort of licensing to do so(Unlike the PC mods).

This issue isn't a mod thing, its a big issue with Mobile games: There is no kind of rule or regulation in place. People just through all sorts of crap together without any sort of quality check or legal consideration and call it a game. Anyone remember flappy bird? Guess why that isn't up anymore?

Er, nothing to do with the legality of the licensed content?

Could've sworn it was taken down after Nintendo sent a cease and desist letter to the creator because the game used assets from Super Mario (the "bird" character, the tunnels).

Edit: Turns out that was a rumor, real reason was the "Addictiveness".

Anyhow, point I was making is that Mobiles are essentially no holds barred at the moment. There's no kind of regulation or rules to keep all in check.

Last edited:
Could've sworn it was taken down after Nintendo sent a cease and desist letter to the creator because the game used assets from Super Mario (the "bird" character, the tunnels).

No, the author was simply unable to handle the game's publicity. ;)

Offtopic but i can't believe that people thought that Flappy Birds is a new kind of type of gaming and that's new and everyone gone crazy about it Forgetting that the fact this style of games exists ages ago from flash type games to good o' classic console and such... and it's nothing new. Same goes to a lot of other mobile games (i'm not hating).

OT: Would anyone like to more screen shots of other "Stolen" Cars and their names in this game? I notice that some actually have names like GT-R and Patrol...etc while most other cars are having a fake names.
or You had enough of that mobile game that made you sick?

Anyhow, point I was making is that Mobiles are essentially no holds barred at the moment. There's no kind of regulation or rules to keep all in check.

Not really.

The same regulation and rules to keep it in check exist as on PC, and most other platforms where the manufacturer of the hardware doesn't exert total control over what can and cannot be published.

The unlicensed stuff is just as illegal on mobile as it is on PC. Console is a different matter, in that every game passes through checks from Sony/MS/Nintendo before it can be published. On mobile and PC there's no (or a very limited) barrier to publish, you can put out more or less whatever you like and the first you'll hear of a problem will be the cease-and-desist letter in the mail.

The answer is very obvious, the design was stolen. The VGT project was the idea of PD only. For the design to not have an exclusive license would mean that the devs of Dubai Drift would actually have to go to Mercedes-Benz and request permission for the VGT design from them, since their emblem is still visible in-game, but the real name of the car isn't. It's definitely a direct rip from Gran Turismo.

Well it's not ripped from Granturismo turst me it has an interior ..
its a scratch built model you can tell by the quality mobiles wouldn't support gt6 models well too big.
It's very confusing this whole license lark as an example. I wanted to buy this model and use it in my game http://www.evermotion.org/modelshop/show_product/dodge-charger/2349/0/0/

Now if you look at http://www.evermotion.org/files/licence/evermotion_commercial_license.pdf it states i can use it for video games etc i have full rights to place it in a game then sell a product But it's branded Ford so did they pay ford so they got a license and then there sub-contracting it? And when your starting from the bottom like me Trying to pursue a new career it gets so complicated am i learning to be a lawyer or a game developer.

If anyone can explain this you get a cookie :P

its a scratch built model you can tell by the quality mobiles wouldn't support gt6 models well too big.
It's very confusing this whole license lark as an example. I wanted to buy this model and use it in my game http://www.evermotion.org/modelshop/show_product/dodge-charger/2349/0/0/

Now if you look at http://www.evermotion.org/files/licence/evermotion_commercial_license.pdf it states i can use it for video games etc i have full rights to place it in a game then sell a product But it's branded Ford so did they pay ford so they got a license and then there sub-contracting it? And when your starting from the bottom like me Trying to pursue a new career it gets so complicated am i learning to be a lawyer or a game developer.

If anyone can explain this you get a cookie :P

You'll have to ask Ford. The license only covers Evermotions part of the product, which is the actual 3D model. But since the model contains property owned by Ford you need a license from them as well.

You'll have to ask Ford. The license only covers Evermotions part of the product, which is the actual 3D model. But since the model contains property owned by Ford you need a license from them as well.

Funny fact my mr's is a Ford so i'll play dumb and say i asked her :D

Well yes, you seem to have taken my comment too literally. It would be far easier to build a model from the ground up, but creating a near-perfect copy of a vehicle that doesn't exist in any other game, let alone in real life, is a cause for concern. @eran0004 seems to have the right idea. The car manufacturer is responsible for where the car's design is portrayed. Mercedes-Benz, not PD, are accountable, as the VGT design doesn't (fully) exist outside GT6, but PD's affiliations with Mercedes don't extend to anything beyond the collaboration for the VGT design.

Last edited:
No, the author was simply unable to handle the game's publicity. ;)
More specifically, he was embarrassed by his own success. He was trying to be all punk and make something so bad it was good, but not necessarily popular.

Likely by pure random chance it took off, spawning legions of cynical, tongue in cheek or even outright scathing copies. The cynical copies were great, trying to dissect the original for "the secret of success ".

Very interesting phenomenon.

Obviously the cynical copying nature of the mobile game sector (not unlike very early console games) was probably the reason for the original punk attitude, and for much of the ironic copying itself.

In the case of this DubaiDrift, the cynicism is overt. The scandalous use of unlicensed, possibly ripped content is secondary to that intent and secondary in consequence.

In one of @FrzGT's post, did anyone notice a fake logo that resembles Falken's?

This situation actually reminds me of Japan-only (and often considered as "budget" titles) racing games for PS1 in late 90s; most of them feature real cars yet without manufacturer licenses. 💡

I don't know what's more disappointing...

That a car from a GT-project has become fodder for mobile-games :odd:

Or that PD won't do jack 🤬 about it for months :lol:

ti2GU6v.png

Thing is, mods for PC sims are usually free. This game is one you have to pay for and its primary content (not mods or DLC) consists of blatently ripped models from another game. If anything, its right on grounds for legal action as these guys are clearly making profit off of it without getting any sort of licensing to do so(Unlike the PC mods).

This issue isn't a mod thing, its a big issue with Mobile games: There is no kind of rule or regulation in place. People just through all sorts of crap together without any sort of quality check or legal consideration and call it a game. Anyone remember flappy bird? Guess why that isn't up anymore?
Mods are practically legal because it typically doesnt make money out of it.

We talking about a full google play developer making an licensed content without permission and making money out of it. If it was published on Newgrounds or free-games websites its okay. Definitely got a cease and desist, if Sony or PD care.

I was wondering how mobile games got so many brand new cars that aren't in other racing games (Forza, GT, etc). There's this one game that has RWB Porsches, but I think they might have skated around the EA-Porsche licensing agreement by claiming that RWB Porsches are not the same as normal Porsches, like RUF cars.

I was wondering how mobile games got so many brand new cars that aren't in other racing games (Forza, GT, etc). There's this one game that has RWB Porsches, but I think they might have skated around the EA-Porsche licensing agreement by claiming that RWB Porsches are not the same as normal Porsches, like RUF cars.
Correct, actually. Same with 9FF, Gemballa, and Singer.

Does this mobile game have mod support? If so then it could likely be a modification. If not then its definitely represented in the game without proper licensing. However, wasn't M-B going to create a few real world models of their VGT car? If so then I would imagine that their car would be a bit easier to acquire licensing for then the other VGT cars.

You see this everywhere.

Why is that sad exactly? Please elaborate this to me as I'm having a hard time understanding where you're coming from with that statement.

I for one enjoy driving some of my favorite cars from Forza in Grand Theft Auto. I also have many custom cars for The Sims 2 & 3 that were models ripped from games such as Driver SF and Forza 3/4.

Does this mobile game have mod support? If so then it could likely be a modification. If not then its definitely represented in the game without proper licensing.

Why is that sad exactly? Please elaborate this to me as I'm having a hard time understanding where you're coming from with that statement.

I for one enjoy driving some of my favorite cars from Forza in Grand Theft Auto. I also have many custom cars for The Sims 2 & 3 that were models ripped from games such as Driver SF and Forza 3/4.

Now, Disregard GTAIV, as Sim 2 & 3

Im regarding RFactor, Assetto Corsa, Rigs of Rods, There just slapped onto a exisiting modeled N/B, or suspension based from another car. And then off it goes, doesnt get tweaked to get realistic physics etc... And just badly ported. :\

Now, Disregard GTAIV, as Sim 2 & 3

Im regarding RFactor, Assetto Corsa, Rigs of Rods, There just slapped onto a exisiting modeled N/B, or suspension based from another car. And then off it goes, doesnt get tweaked to get realistic physics etc... And just badly ported. :\
Well I do understand that feeling of dissatisfaction as I've downloaded a few horridly done conversions before, however in a mere legal side of this I'd say that ripping models from another game is perfectly fine as long as the user doing so doesn't benefit financially from it. Though that doesn't seem to be the case with this mobile game and therefore I believe Sony and M-B should definitely take action against this company.

Mods are practically legal because it typically doesnt make money out of it.

We talking about a full google play developer making an licensed content without permission and making money out of it. If it was published on Newgrounds or free-games websites its okay. Definitely got a cease and desist, if Sony or PD care.

If you actually read my post (and who I was responding to), that's what I was saying :odd:

Some says the owner of that car is the illegitimate brother of the driver of this...
Untitled-387.jpg

:lol:

Also remember when FOM/FIA gave a shock C&D to VirtualR?
That's from Tokyo Xtreme Racer (3?). They've removed all of the copyrighted parts (car name, manufacturer, etc.) so this one is OK as technically it's not infringing on any rights. Dubai Drift is different. They stole the cars outright and didn't even bother removing anything that might infringe on copyrights.

That's from Tokyo Xtreme Racer (3?). They've removed all of the copyrighted parts (car name, manufacturer, etc.) so this one is OK as technically it's not infringing on any rights. Dubai Drift is different. They stole the cars outright and didn't even bother removing anything that might infringe on copyrights.

TXR0, and why I posted that was actually a joke. :lol:

There are two obscure, top-down arcade racers called Tail to Nose and Drift Out - in both games, they blatantly misspell trademarks. (TXR0 also actually does this too, if you zoom in closely to the cars, or look for the "USUZU" trucks in the traffic)

Back