Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tander took that much better than expected. Must be devastating. Thought Scotty coughed it with his error with a few laps to go.

Great race today, makes up for race 2 yesterday. And to think that before the race had started I considered going out because Whincup was starting on the front row. I do hope he gets back into the habit of making bad starts off the line.

Can't believe that twice this year we've seen someone lose a race due to running out of fuel on the final lap, unfreakinbelievable. :lol: Just happy that Scotty was there to take advantage of Tander running out and not Whincup.

I think Caruso had 3 top 10s this weekend. Probably a first for him. Moffat's set up was nowhere.

"He's too good"? Funny. He's the one that said Whincup has the best team and car. Plus, Naming him the G.O.A.T., he said Whincup can't be due it's a different era. Johnson said he had to drive the car, fix the car and drive his truck and manage the team.

The double points at the end is silly. Just award points for as many cars on the grid. 25points 1st, 24 2nd, 23 3rd, etc. Adjust if more cars are added the following season. Double points should be for the Enduros.

Adjust the given points per race, sure. But no gimmicks, let NASCAR show how it fails for them. F1 is dropping it next year due to fan uproar. I hate to say it but it's not the system that needs adjustment, it's the teams. FPR and Frosty are proof, they are 2nd in points but their season has been miserable. Not so for the #1 team (after their slow start). Everyone needs to up their game, plain and simple. If Volvo GRM hadn't had so many technical issues, they would have been right there in the fight.

This season is basically the calm before the storm, Volvo will be very strong next year with a season of development under their belt, and then you have Penske next year.

I watched it again. Good circuit and race. 60kms in Super Sprint format next year. Gonna be tough.

The full race formats for 2015 have been revealed and where has all the track time gone? 10 minute qualifying sessions for Super Sprint events and 60km Saturday races. Teams will also have less tyres to use over a race weekend and reduced private testing. I'm still just bummed that they continue to split the Clipsal 500 up into three races.

Only 30minutes each for Albert Park. That purely sucks. It was the most hard fought racing in a while. Yes hard to pass, but everyone pushed hard all races. Should be 60minutes each because the safety car took too many laps. Nothing else was going on while I was there this year.

They lost me at 60km Saturday races. As if the majority of the short sprint races weren't boring enough already this year, they go and make them shorter? Great.

I think having Wall(*cough*paid driver) bringing sponsorship was bad. I do hope this deal proves me wrong next year.
Damn, I was hoping that sanity would prevail and someone else other than Wall would get that seat. Not to be.

Edit: James Moffat speaks the truth.
@J_Moffat: Shorter races, less tyres and a cut back on soft tyres - that will make for better more entertaining racing.........said nobody!

Last edited:
Not a big fan of having both hard and soft tyres in the same race. It just results in the field being messed up. Also it causes artificial overtaking due to the massive performance difference between tyres, which is boring to watch

Not a big fan of having both hard and soft tyres in the same race. It just results in the field being messed up. Also it causes artificial overtaking due to the massive performance difference between tyres, which is boring to watch

While I agree with some of what you are saying, it's part of playing the game. I have no problem with someone taking a risk to move up higher based on a better tire choice for a section of the race, racing isn't always black and white. Underdogs doing well is a good thing for everyone involved.

My biggest issue with anything V8's has done, is their race formats. They just clearly don't work for anyone that's outside of about 6th on the grid if you are lucky. I do like their race weekends being multiple races but I think 2 is enough honestly per weekend for most weekends, enduros are fine like they are but everything else regardless of length of track should be 200-250km per race. Friday do all the autograph stuff so there is less stress for everyone, it's alot more laid back.

A given weekend should be very simple late out for most.

Thursday - transporters come in and unload 5-6pm
Friday - 2 practice sessions 1 hour to 1.5 hours per session (11-1ish practice, 2-4 practice).
Saturday - Warm up early 10 am for 15-30 minutes, Qualifying from 11 am qualifying for Race 1 which starts between 1-2pm
Sunday - copy of Saturday.

Now enduros are what they are...same deal just less going on. I know I didn't take into account the DVS or Utes, but that can be fitted in there just as easy.

B26nGsYCMAA8P6m.jpg

Live updates. Reveal at 9am Queensland time
http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/11/21/live-updates-marcos-ambrose-v8-supercars-return/

V8SC link
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/...ates-marcos-ambrose-s-car-unveil-and-ride-day

Last edited:
B265rShCUAEQaiU.jpg

B266eVBCUAEoKm-.jpg

Guess I know what console I'll be buying

Ambrose.jpg

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/marcos-ambrose-xbox-falcon-revealed

The custom Xbox livery, revealed today at Lakeside on Ambrose’s car, was created by Forza Motorsport developer Turn 10 Studios using the livery creation tools available to players of the game. Beginning this weekend, racing and gaming fans alike now have the chance to trial a 2011 Ford Falcon FG, complete with Marcos Ambrose’s return livery, in-game. This will be sent to all Forza Motorsport 5 players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back