Wacky races and you!

• Thread starter iLex
  • 158 comments
How about the wheelie challenge? Take a car and see how long you can keep it on 2 wheels, the scores are judged by how long the front wheels are off the ground.

Australian's who have been to the Easter Show will know what I'm talking about...

given that rollover is possible, what about two-wheel driving? as in balancing the car on the left two wheels or the right two wheels?

I can't find a vid from the show, but the same Holden Performance Driving Team (from years and years ago) did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lztDCNwQTXI&feature=related

Check out 1:12 - 1:43

P.S. How do you embed youtube videos?

About the economy race, wouldnt that take hours to finish? because to win you would be going the whole race in 1st gear at idle rpm's.

Maybe if the winner was judged by kilometres/miles divided by the average lap time in seconds, whoever has the highest score wins, this way it would take more skill to reach an ideal speed/economy rate.

Also how about a drift chalenge on kart tracks with the TVR Speed 12 ???

Hi all,

I'm a noob to the GT scene.

My idea is:

Spell
On the Top Gear track have a comp to see who can make a word by putting down rubber on the track.

Picture
Same idea, although I think this would be harder though.

Hi all,

I'm a noob to the GT scene.

My idea is:

Spell
On the Top Gear track have a comp to see who can make a word by putting down rubber on the track.

Picture
Same idea, although I think this would be harder though.

That would be good fun with a friend but you couldn't really have a competition except for the picture which would be incredibly hard.

BUT, you could have a simple eleven'ses competition where whoever leaves the longest wheelspin marks wins, it would be interesting to see different tuned car setups that people would come up with for that.

That would be good fun with a friend but you couldn't really have a competition except for the picture which would be incredibly hard.

BUT, you could have a simple eleven'ses competition where whoever leaves the longest wheelspin marks wins, it would be interesting to see different tuned car setups that people would come up with for that.

I wonder if there is a way to leave straight marks indefinitely?

Got another one involving two wheels, only this time make it the wheels on the side....should be possible with what I've seen of the rollover physics.

Kind of like this starting at 3:27......only I doubt we can change the tire like that, lol.

And since I watched the video, I was also thinking maybe having multiple teams, or single people doing the stunts in that video with other people watching as judges.
Teams of people would be more interesting to watch for something like that though.

Got another one involving two wheels, only this time make it the wheels on the side....should be possible with what I've seen of the rollover physics.

Kind of like this starting at 3:27......only I doubt we can change the tire like that, lol.

And since I watched the video, I was also thinking maybe having multiple teams, or single people doing the stunts in that video with other people watching as judges.
Teams of people would be more interesting to watch for something like that though.

Precision driving contests in general would be great. We could have formations and the like going and it would be all about driving control, throttle control, all that stuff that great drivers have mastered and good drivers are only knowledgeable with. No impacts though: that's right out and not precisely precision driving.

Here's one: SAMBA: THE FORBIDDEN DANCE.

We have teams of two drivers: one driver is in a kart, the other is in a Samba Bus. The Samba driver's goal is to get the kart teammate to finish first by any means necessary. Because the Samba can be a bit of a slouch stock compared to the kart, all Sambas must either be tuned or given a head start.

Back