Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

No, no, no. I think I said it was the best I've used thus far. It's just I couldn't get out of 4th @ Laguna and the torque /power curve is not friendly to a AT driver... but rocks for a manual driver.

Great tune đź‘Ť
Oh okay here's the deal. Figure out what your top speed is approximately on a given track, then adjust the final drive so the speed showing in the upper right is approximately 100mph higher. So for Daytona the speed in upper right is 323mph and the car should reach around 220mph without draft. For Laguna you have a much lower top speed so if you want it to use all 5 gears you'll need to adjust that final down since if I remember right it won't shift into 5th below about 180mph a speed you'll never reach on Laguna.

Note: it should actually shift better in AT with the final drive adjusted to a lower top speed.:D

XDesperado67
Oh okay here's the deal. Figure out what your top speed is approximately on a given track, then adjust the final drive so the speed showing in the upper right is approximately 100mph higher. So for Daytona the speed in upper right is 323mph and the car should reach around 220mph without draft. For Laguna you have a much lower top speed so if you want it to use all 5 gears you'll need to adjust that final down since if I remember right it won't shift into 5th below about 180mph a speed you'll never reach on Laguna.

Okay, sorry Sir, I was just happy that someone else put all the effort into this car as I did... and this is why I don't do reviews, they don't you make sense. I will adjust with the final gear and see what happens... just don't expect a quick feedback... sorry.

Okay, sorry Sir, I was just happy that someone else put all the effort into this car as I did... and this is why I don't do reviews, they don't you make sense. I will adjust with the final gear and see what happens... just don't expect a quick feedback... sorry.
Your review was/is great just trying to help you get the best experience with the car. I think I just ran Laguna with the transmission acting like a 4speed.:lol:

Oh and no need to apologize there's no rush.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

XDesperado67
Your review was/is great just trying to help you get the best experience with the car. I think I just ran Laguna with the transmission acting like a 4speed.:lol:

Oh and no need to apologize there's no rush.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Oh how I've tried to enjoy this car. And I will try what you said when I can... this car is my Holy Grail...I need it to succeed :dopey:

Onboy, please open up, or empty your in box. I have some feed back on your Carlton that I'd like to send you... sorry for the double post, and the encrypted message to Onboy, I just didn't know how to get a hold of him :dopey:

Onboy, please open up, or empty your in box. I have some feed back on your Carlton that I'd like to send you... sorry for the double post, and the encrypted message to Onboy, I just didn't know how to get a hold of him :dopey:

Empty'd. đź‘Ť

Onboy, I had the time to test the Carlton with the new camber settings, I'm going to PM you about that.:)
I just sent the "X Factor" back. It has a fresh coat of paint and new rims to give it some attitude. I've used it to win the 500PP Seasonal Challenge race at Tokyo R246 on Sports Soft tires.(real challenge for me and my bad driving:drool:)
Also got the Gold in all the Beginner Rally Special events.
Finally posted a 8:09.3xx time around Nordschleife on the Sports Soft tires with plenty of time left out there. It should be good for sub 8 minute laps on Sport Soft tires with a good driver.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť Of course you can always put Racing tires on if you want a bit more performance.:D

Let me know if you have any issues or concerns and I'll see about correcting them. Once your happy with it I'll publish the tune if that's okay with you.:cheers:

I just sent the "X Factor" back. It has a fresh coat of paint and new rims to give it some attitude. I've used it to win the 500PP Seasonal Challenge race at Tokyo R246 on Sports Soft tires.(real challenge for me and my bad driving:drool:)
Also got the Gold in all the Beginner Rally Special events.
Finally posted a 8:09.3xx time around Nordschleife on the Sports Soft tires with plenty of time left out there. It should be good for sub 8 minute laps on Sport Soft tires with a good driver.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť Of course you can always put Racing tires on if you want a bit more performance.:D

Let me know if you have any issues or concerns and I'll see about correcting them. Once your happy with it I'll publish the tune if that's okay with you.:cheers:

Thanks, my man.đź‘Ť I'll see it better when I can, and then I'll say something. I'm ok with publishing the tune when it's corrected (if it needs such).:cheers:

Thanks, my man.đź‘Ť I'll see it better when I can, and then I'll say something. I'm ok with publishing the tune when it's corrected (if it needs such).:cheers:

HmmÂ…what is this magic thing that you're going on aboutÂ…??

And when you have the time, the Carlton is back on share, though it's running less punch, it's quite a bit faster and more controlled. Tell me what you think of it when you can. đź‘Ť

HmmÂ…what is this magic thing that you're going on aboutÂ…??

And when you have the time, the Carlton is back on share, though it's running less punch, it's quite a bit faster and more controlled. Tell me what you think of it when you can. đź‘Ť

Aight, so here is my list of "GT5 things to do today":lol:

• Deal with the X-Factor
    Revise the Carlton

Not much really.

Anyway, as I promised:

Can't live without friction: The Toyota Trueno BZ-R TRD by Onboy

First of all things, let me tell you a little piece of my GT history. I often play GT2 (because I love it) and one day, I got this car:
TomsT111.jpg

Meet the Tom's T111, a car that gobsmacked me silly. Why? Because it was a handler. It had such a neutral handling, no one could tell it was a FF! Along with the fast engine and great looks, it was one hell of a tuned Toyota. So, we fast foward into GT5, and Onboy's own Trueno BZ-R. Did I saw the Tom's spirit when I drove it? Actually, yes! First of all, it looks very neat with the Super White paint and wheels, sleeper-like looks. Nice job on that department. What about driving? Equally great, I say. Onboy called it a "TRD version of a Spoon Integra", and that description fits in my view, because the handling is as precise as the legendary Honda. With even less luxury, there is barely any understeer, but push it too much, and it will slap you back. Don't try silly schmit with this one, people. Now, the engine. If you drive it, you might think "Where the hell is the speed, the car doesn't feel fast at all!" The answer to that lies in Wikipe.... Oh, hell, I'll explain. The 4-AGE, or the "Screaming Black Top", was a peaky type of engine, so you would only get power on the very top of the revs. And that is how this car works. Power? Get to the top, friend. Ah, I almost forgot something. The sound is as good as you would expect, 'cause it's Looooooooooooud! Can't live without friction? Try this fast, good looking version of a underrated sports Toyota, the last of the Great Truenos...

Thanks for that. đź‘Ť Linked as well.

Yea, it does have a bit of push at the limit, but that's only because of the rather skinny tyres. And yea, that thing loovvess to rev. :D

Thanks for that. đź‘Ť Linked as well.

Yea, it does have a bit of push at the limit, but that's only because of the rather skinny tyres. And yea, that thing loovvess to rev. :D

I like that revving engine, fits the car real-life factor pretty well, that is extra kudos to you on that bit. Oh, as for Despy's little present, it is doing like I expected...:mischievous: I won't say nothing else as for now...

I like that revving engine, fits the car real-life factor pretty well, that is extra kudos to you on that bit. Oh, as for Despy's little present, it is doing like I expected...:mischievous: I won't say nothing else as for now...

What is this X factor? :confused: Move XX? :lol:

What is this X factor? :confused: Move XX? :lol:

Nah, the Move has already been done as the "Brown drift van of madness". :lol: Just make a list of Daihatsu cars, and then write out those who were already done bt Harvey. Then narrow it down to the car with a X in its name... It is a italian story of some sorts ( to get the name of the car, just guess the italian word for story...)

Nah, the Move has already been done as the "Brown drift van of madness". :lol: Just make a list of Daihatsu cars, and then write out those who were already done bt Harvey. Then narrow it down to the car with a X in its name... It is a italian story of some sorts ( to get the name of the car, just guess the italian word for story...)

Ahh, the Storia X4? Or is it the 170-odd hp FF one?

I was tuning a X4! Lovely little thing, that car. :D I might be calling it just the Daihatsu X2000 when I release it. :lol:

Ahh, the Storia X4? Or is it the 170-odd hp FF one?

I was tuning a X4! Lovely little thing, that car. :D I might be calling it just the Daihatsu X2000 when I release it. :lol:

Yep, you're correct! :lol: It is the X4, except now it has a wing, near 200-hp engine and a Maziora paint (again... Nice reference). It is my favorite Daihatsu of all time, just because it had over 100-hp out of a 713 cc engine!:scared: Top of the line Kei-car of doom, my friend...

Yep, you're correct! :lol: It is the X4, except now it has a wing, near 200-hp engine and a Maziora paint (again... Nice reference). It is my favorite Daihatsu of all time, just because it had over 100-hp out of a 713 cc engine!:scared: Top of the line Kei-car of doom, my friend...

Near 200? Mine has over 200. :D

Near 200? Mine has over 200. :D

I used a Mid-range turbo, it actually had over 200 (a smidge bit over), but I wanted to see if it worked like the Pocket Monster (like Mid for MT, and High for AT). It actually worked pretty well, and it is a race monster when you put the Racing tires...

I used a Mid-range turbo, it actually had over 200 (a smidge bit over), but I wanted to see if it worked like the Pocket Monster (like Mid for MT, and High for AT). It actually worked pretty well, and it is a race monster when you put the Racing tires...

Meh, everything is. :P

And get testing, the Carlton is waiting. :lol:

Unfortunately it doesn't qualify as a Kei car as both the engine and car are to large for that designation. It is properly classified as a hatchback and Toyota sold its own version of it as the Duet. The X4 showed the close ties between all of Toyota's car divisions including its F1 and other racing divisions as it came standard with a special close ratio transmission, front and rear mechanical LSDs and forged crankshaft and pistons. The car was considered virtually Rally-ready straight from the dealer and dominated Japan's under 1,000CC class rally events. I think my tune for it will help keep it dominant both in the lower Rally classes and amongst the smaller hatchbacks.:D

Niku I'll let you take the photos that get used when I publish the final tune.:cheers:

Unfortunately it doesn't qualify as a Kei car as both the engine and car are to large for that designation. It is properly classified as a hatchback and Toyota sold its own version of it as the Duet. The X4 showed the close ties between all of Toyota's car divisions including its F1 and other racing divisions as it came standard with a special close ratio transmission, front and rear mechanical LSDs and forged crankshaft and pistons. The car was considered virtually Rally-ready straight from the dealer and dominated Japan's under 1,000CC class rally events. I think my tune for it will help keep it dominant both in the lower Rally classes and amongst the smaller hatchbacks.:D

Niku I'll let you take the photos that get used when I publish the final tune.:cheers:

Oh yes, I forgot that the engine had that output because of the class regulations at the time. Either way, it's a perfect showcase of Daihatsu abillities of making small cars (at least in Japan, because they didn't sell over here...đź‘Ž). As for the photos, I might do that tonight\tomorrow, gotta capture some footage first.

I'm trying to find 2 seconds in "Spooky II" at Cape Ring for the 500PP American TT.:crazy:

Currently at 3:04.0xx
Not bad for a truck weighing 2420kg eh?:lol:

Might have to lighten it though and reduce power some to get those last 2 seconds needed for the Gold.:(

I'm trying to find 2 seconds in "Spooky II" at Cape Ring for the 500PP American TT.:crazy:

Currently at 3:04.0xx
Not bad for a truck weighing 2420kg eh?:lol:

Might have to lighten it though and reduce power some to get those last 2 seconds needed for the Gold.:(

Another truck? A rival to the Tonka Truck, methinks... I'm guessing Silverado.

Another truck? A rival to the Tonka Truck, methinks... I'm guessing Silverado.
Nope its merely a 500PP version of the original "Spooky" on Sports Hard tires.:D
Had to tack on the wing because of the jump which cost me about 17hp and 11ft-lb of torque.:(
Time is down to 3:03.033 so I'm getting close to that gold. A better driver would have had it by now.:drool::lol:

Nope its merely a 500PP version of the original "Spooky" on Sports Hard tires.:D
Had to tack on the wing because of the jump which cost me about 17hp and 11ft-lb of torque.:(
Time is down to 3:03.033 so I'm getting close to that gold. A better driver would have had it by now.:drool::lol:

Oh well, patience is the key to sucess...:)

XDesperado67

Why the wing because of the jump? Wouldn't it send the nose skyward? Or is the front that heavy :scared:

Why the wing because of the jump? Wouldn't it send the nose skyward? Or is the front that heavy :scared:
Even adding a bunch of ballast to the base weight you still have a 55/45 weight distribution. With no wing if you hit the jump at over about 95mph you'll get lift off and then impact the road with the front first and the stupid TT calls it a red lap. With just 5 rear downforce added it softens the fronts landing enough to make getting a red lap very rare.
Note this is with extremely high front spring rates and nearly stock front ride height so the truck shouldn't be bottoming out in front or ramming the front bumper into the ground. Indeed from driving feel and watching the replay it is just a hard impact that triggers the red flag no actual collision with the roads surface.:odd:

Not sure if its just the TT since I don't really like this particular version of this track so never drive it in practice mode. But seems they have set the penalty detection sensitivity way to high.

Of course the fact that I was literally falling asleep while driving earlier didn't help my lap times any.:lol:

:cheers::gtpflag:Success! 3:02.224:gtpflag::cheers:

Last edited:
Back