Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Oh mighty teacher Onboy-sempai, can you help a noob such as myself? :dopey:

Oh, well, it was a good life... :lol: I think I struck trouble while testing the boss's Audi. I made a mistake on one lap, and it ended up nullifing the next one, even though I didn't make one single mistake on that one. Since that lap was the fastest, should I count it?

Edit: Never mind, either lap puts Harvey's car in the same position, so it's not much a big deal.

Saying that won't help either. :lol: Next time though, when you need some help with whatever car it is, I'll tell you what to do. :P

Well, problem resolved. :P

Saying that won't help either. :lol: Next time though, when you need some help with whatever car it is, I'll tell you what to do. :P

Well, problem resolved. :P

I'm afraid to say that those damm Deckers parrots are going to trounce us unless your Viper is any good. Please tell me your Viper is any good...:dopey:

No use talking to me about it, go and drive it, see for yourself. :P

I just drove the car, and you know something? You can get a eraser and rub it on Harvey's face, 'cause your Viper "Grips like a sucka" edition is faster than his Audi! :crazy: It sits on 6th place on my powerboard, if you care to know.

You know, it used to grip even more. :lol: But then that guy (:P) threw the R35 name at it and I just had to get rid of some. I think I still have the original settings though, if you want that bit more grip from it.

You know, it used to grip even more. :lol: But then that guy (:P) threw the R35 name at it and I just had to get rid of some. I think I still have the original settings though, if you want that bit more grip from it.

Well, when I'm done testing, I could see for myself how much grip did you get from that Viper...:nervous:

I guess you wanted to make sure you would not make a R35 whatsoever. That guy had enough GT-R's of his own to see you of all people to make another...:dopey:

You managed a fine time there Niku and I expected Onboy and the rest of the Outlaw Tuners to actually be faster than me in this Shootout. I like my car, just not completely satisfied with the tune, plus unlike the others it is a big sports sedan and not a sports car or street legal race car.

Well we only have Niku Driver HCs times, but the "Clueless Outlaws" are running away with the middle of the pack :dopey: ( third through eighth)

Niku Driver HC
It's only because your damm pink Suzuki had the input of your 10 year old test driver, mind you. :dopey:

Is that good or bad? I have yet to drive it with that much HP and tranny set-up :nervous:

Is that good or bad? I have yet to drive it with that much HP and tranny set-up :nervous:

I think your daughter could tune better than you. :lol: You can hand the shop to her in a year's time, just before she ditches you for the make up. :lol: I kid, of course. :P

Onboy123
I think your daughter could tune better than you. :lol: You can hand the shop to her in a year's time, just before she ditches you for the make up. :lol: I kid, of course. :P

It's still my tune, she just got it to 550pp and set the transmission... but you're probably right, she could tune better then me :dopey:

She's already on the payroll as our staff photographer, so she's slowly taking over :lol::P

It's still my tune, she just got it to 550pp and set the transmission... but you're probably right, she could tune better then me :dopey:

She's already on the payroll as our staff photographer, so she's slowly taking over :lol::P

Hmm…well, I've not driven it, so I can't judge the tranny. If she does get it half right though, I'd question…

Just how much of her time is spent running the shop in comparison to the time she spends with friends or doing homework?! :lol:

Onboy123
Hmm…well, I've not driven it, so I can't judge the tranny. If she does get it half right though, I'd question…

Just how much of her time is spent running the shop in comparison to the time she spends with friends or doing homework?! :lol:

There is a simple way I set a transmission, and given the numbers she sent me I'm guessing she got it right.

She doesn't play as much as she used to, and hardly at all when I'm not home. Her friends don't play so there's no one to beat :dopey:. And homework always comes first 👍

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Daihatsu Storia X4 '00, "Wicked Child"
Mat123 announced he was going to do a Hot Version style, touge shootout, here on GT Planet. His first class was the 200HP class and the track was Eiger Nordwand Short. Now as many of you already know Daihatsu makes some of Ol'Harvey Wallbanger's favorite cars and Eiger is one of his favorite tracks so it seemed their were no concerns. Early testing had the little black X4 tearing up the track and some competition despite Ol'Harvey's less than stellar driving skill. Well it seems the Wallbanger was a little to enthusiastic with his "Wicked Child" when he gave it a highly tuned fully customizable transmission. Problem was that the FC transmission is a 6 speed while the base car is a 5 speed and the rules don't allow for adding extra gears. A close ratio 5 speed was installed but sadly the car lost some of its naughtyness as the taller gears slow its acceleration down quite a bit. Still it should prove to be a fairly competitive car in the class and lots of fun to drive.
Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-3.jpg

Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-1-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Black Metallic (Paint by Daihatsu)
Wheels: Prodrive GC-010G (Steel Finish painted Super Red Metallic by Daihatsu)
Aerodynamic Kit: none
Weight Reduction: Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: High RPM Range
Transmission: 5 Speed Close-Ratio
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: Torque Sensing
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Hard

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -/-
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 97.2%
LSD Front Initial 10, Acceleration 20, Braking 5
LSD Rear Initial 10, Acceleration 20, Braking 5
Torque Sensing Center Differential Front 50, Rear 50
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.4, Rear 2.8
Toe Angle Front -0.10, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front -5, Rear -15
Spring Rate Front 13.8, Rear 7.8
Dampers (Extension) Front 3, Rear 2
Dampers (Compression) Front 2, Rear 1
Anti-Roll Bars Front 4, Rear 5
Brakes Front 3, Rear 2 No ABS

The car has 447PP, weighs 779Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 200HP and produces 140ft-lb torque@6,400rpm with a 8,900rpm redline.

Notes: Very good for driving with an automatic transmission in most situations, the car will be very sluggish from a standing start until it gets up over 4,500rpm.

Note 2: Here are the settings for those who want to see the "Wicked Child" at its best with a Fully Customizable transmission on Eiger Nordwand Short track. As always for tracks where higher speeds are possible adjust the final gear setting only.
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 6.500
3) Set Top Speed to 99mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=3.213,
2nd=2.281,
3rd=1.723,
4th=1.359,
5th=1.117,
6th=0.958
5) Set Final gear to 5.600
Should display an indicated top speed of 111mph in upper right corner.

Note 3: Due to the Shootout rules this car is set up to be driven with ABS OFF. Also the car was tuned for online use. The Wallbanger enjoys a fairly loose car so if you find it a little to loose online try lowering the front ride height slightly until it gets to your desired tightness, -10 too -15 should do the trick.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

On the news front my "Silberfeile" managed a surprising 3rd place in DigitalBaka's Fall Coastal Concept Challenge. Not bad for a car that was much heavier than the others that made the final round.:D

Also Onboy's entry in Mat123's Hot Version Touge showdown for the 200HP class got selected as the best entry to take on the reigning champ there. Still waiting on the full reviews and Video of the showdown but congratulations are in order.👍👍

Finally hope to get the garage index reorganized and updated over the course of the coming week or two. Sorry a variety of things have prevented me from doing so before now leaving us with the current mess.:(:drool:

Good job to Harvey and ACSR in the CCC shootout, and to Onboy in the 200hp showdown :cheers:. It's always fun competing with the Outlaws. Good job :dopey:

Good job to Harvey and ACSR in the CCC shootout, and to Onboy in the 200hp showdown :cheers:. It's always fun competing with the Outlaws. Good job :dopey:

Great fight, one that I personally witnessed (the latest Parrots vs Outlaws, of course.) . 👍 :) Look foward to the next one, Chief Parrot. Draw, Pilgrim! :dopey:

Audi quattro '82, "Opa"
Audi, formed from the remains of the companies that raced as Auto Union up to the early 1970s, was in search of an identity in the late 70s. Surrounded by high brow Mercedes-Benz, Zeitgeist BMW, Sports Car king Porsche, and the "peoples car" Volkswagen, they needed something to set them apart from the others. They needed to create an image that the buying public could point to and say "that's an Audi and I want one!"
The European Rally racing scene was hitting new heights both in terms of the race cars companies were competing with and public popularity. Group B was the fiercest battleground with cars rocketing through the European countryside at speeds never before seen. Competition was intense between car manufacturers and they were creating purpose built race cars for it, then producing the minimum number of detuned cars with the bare essentials required for registering for legal road use that was required to compete in the class. Auto Union had a great history in racing and Audi saw Rally racing as their way to bring them to prominence. Unlike other companies though they set out to build a great sports coupe that they could then modify for the rally circuit. What they created was magic and changed the automotive world forever.
As the first mass produced four wheel drive sports coupe, it set the stage for future generations and created the distinctive Audi name brand.
Opa is colloquial German for Grandpa and indeed in a way this is the grandfather not only of the current Audi cars but also cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Imprezza, Nissan GT-R and Lamborghini Guiardo. While these newer cars may have the edge in performance, as they benefit from 30 plus years of technological advances, "Opa" shows that he still has some moves left, as he lights up the tires in billowing clouds of smoke ripping through Eiger's hairpins. 30 is positively ancient in car years, hopefully by the time we are all grandfathers and grandmothers we will still be having as much fun and looking as good as "Opa"
Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-2-1.jpg

Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-3-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Paintjob: Ibisweiß (paint by Audi)
Wheels: Rays Volk Racing TE37 (Steel finish painted Ibisweiß by Audi)
Aerodynamic Kit: none
Weight Reduction: Stage 1
Exhaust: Titanium Semi-Racing
Turbo Kit: Stock
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Tires: Sports Hard

The Tune
Power Limiter: 95.4%
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=3.320,
2nd=2.283,
3rd=1.635,
4th=1.239,
5th=0.990
5) Set Final gear to 4.800
Should display an indicated top speed of 120mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 10, Acceleration 15, Braking 5
LSD Rear Initial 10, Acceleration 15, Braking 5
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 1.6, Rear 1.4
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.20
Ride Height Front -15, Rear -25
Spring Rate Front 14.2, Rear 11.5
Dampers (Extension) Front 3, Rear 4
Dampers (Compression) Front 2, Rear 3
Anti-Roll Bars Front 7, Rear 7
Brakes Front 3, Rear 3 NO ABS

The car has 462PP, weighs 1176Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 300HP and produces 295ft-lb torque@4,300rpm with a 7,800rpm redline.

Notes: Tuned for online Touge with NO ABS. Not the fastest in its class by far but a very fun drive with great style and personality.

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes "Toyota 2000GT ’67 – Silver Bullet”

ClubmanStageRoute5.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: used car dealer
Paintjob: Silver Chrome
Wheels: Aftermarket
aero : none
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: yes
Carbon Hood: no
Chassis reinforcement: yes
ECU Tuning: yes
Engine Tuning: stage 2
Intake Manifold: yes
Air Filter: race
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: yes
Exhaust: Ti race
Transmission: FC
Clutch: Twin Plate Clutch
Flywheel: Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft: yes
LSD: yes
Suspension: FC
Tires: SS

The Tune
Ballast weight : 20/0
Power Limiter : 97.4%
1) set to default
2) set top speed to 137mph
3)Set gears 1st=3.175, 2nd=2.162, 3rd=1.594, 4th=1.235, 5th=.968
4)Set Final gear to 3.000
Should display an indicated top speed of 200 mph in upper right
corner.

LSD
initial 10, acceleration 12, braking 10

Suspension
Ride height front 0, rear 0
Spring rate front 10.4, rear 8.9
Dampers (Extension) front 7 rear 8
Dampers (Compression) front 6 rear 5
Anti-roll bars front 5 rear 5
Camber angle front 2.0 rear 1.4
Toe angle front 0.0 rear 0.08
Brakes: front 6 rear 4
Transmission: Auto or Manual
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

The car has 450 PP,weighs 973 Kg with a 55/45 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 3.75 kg/hp, has 255 HP
@7800 rpm and produces 198 ft-lb torque @5800 rpm,

Notes:
Built for the 2000 model Shootout
Not the easiest car to drive – Watch the high speed Braking, very scary
but fun.

Enjoy -AC

Toyota Celica 2000GT-FOUR (ST165) '86, "Blue Girl"
With the switch to FF the Toyota Celica lost a bit of its budget sports car appeal in the U.S., but its styling made it popular with younger women who were more interested in the looks than performance. The 2000GT-FOUR was Toyota's effort to bring real performance back to the car with its larger, more powerful engine and 4wd. While the car enjoyed success elsewhere and later versions of the GT-FOUR went on to win in the WRC, it remained a relatively obscure model in the U.S. Ol'Harvey Wallbanger decided to try and unleash the performance of this car for Newdriver2's F.I.T.T. 2000 Shootout and "Blue Girl" is the result. With every effort made to reduce weight and a carefully prepared engine that produces some 90hp more than stock the car is now much quicker in acceleration getting from 0-60mph in under 4.2 seconds and covering the quarter mile in just 12.819 seconds. But straight line acceleration isn't the only thing this car is good for as the Wallbanger spent plenty of time on the suspension, making sure it could take the corners with ease. The car is very stable at all times and not even the first turn at GVS will upset it as the car brakes easily and turn in is smooth and controlled. Set a date with a "Blue Girl" of your own, we're sure she'll show you a good time!:cheers:
tris_73
Source and Parts list:
Paintjob: Dark Bluish Gray Metallic (Paint by Toyota)
Wheels: ENKEI RP03 (painted Dark Bluish Gray Metallic by Toyota)
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Exhaust: Standard
Turbo Kit: Low RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Tires: Sports Soft

The Tune
Power Limiter: 95.5%
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=3.336,
2nd=2.354,
3rd=1.761,
4th=1.379,
5th=1.127,
6th=0.736 0.900
5) Set Final gear to 4.800 for Grand Valley Speedway or 3.800 for Circuit de Le Sarthe Set final gear to 4.500 for Trial Mountain.
Should display an indicated top speed of 161mph for GVS and 203mph for Le Sarthe in upper right corner. will show top speed of 140mph in upper right for Trial Mountain.
LSD Front Initial 12 10, Acceleration 12 10, Braking 6 5
LSD Rear Initial 12, Acceleration 12, Braking 6
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.6 3.2, Rear 1.6 1.8
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00 -0.20
Ride Height Front 0, Rear -20
Spring Rate Front 15.0, Rear 10.2 11.2
Dampers (Extension) Front 1, Rear 2 1
Dampers (Compression) Front 4 8, Rear 5 6
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 7
Brakes Front 0 3, Rear 5

The car has 460PP, weighs 1,124Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 272HP and produces 271ft-lb torque@4,600rpm with a 8,100rpm redline.

Note: The settings in red are the adjustments made for the final round of the F.I.T.T.2000 Shootout on Trial Mountain. The adjustments to the transmission and brakes were to try and address issues that test drivers had in the first round, while the suspension changes were to improve handling and allow the car to ride the curbs and rough track of Trial Mountain better. Ol'Harvey managed a 1:36.360 and from splits left at least another second on the track.:D

Last edited:
*peeks in* Hmm…my corner of the garage is rather dusty *cough*, I guess it's time I started posting my stuff from shootouts and my pet projects.

So…in the very near future (like…tomorrow near), I'll post my neatly titled 550PP trio, named the "3 ways go really bloody quick at 550PP on racing softs". And I'll promise that at least one of the tunes will work on sport stuff, so don't throw bananas at me for using slicks yet.

Silver Serpent

Forget the fact that it isn't silver in the pictures, because really, there's more to worry about than that. This Viper is, you could say, the recognizing of an idea that came to me one day. To neuter the Viper's insane engine, just very slightly, and take advantage of the grip that those massive rear tyres could provide. Much like how the Ferrari 458 has been used for these purposes. If you're looking for a quick and easy to handle 550PP car, this is it.

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Dodge Viper GTS R Concept ’00
Buy from: UCD/Level 13 ticket
Paintjob: Matte Dark Gray
Wheels: --
Aerodynamic Kit: --

Window Weight Reduction: --
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Clutch: Double Plate

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: Sport Soft/Racing soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: 70@ +12
Power Limiter: 95.4%

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set to 124
2)Set Final Gear to 2.000
1st=4.568
2nd=3.500
3rd=2.850
4th=2.350
5th=1.950
6th=1.540
Should display an indicated top speed of 202 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 8
Acceleration: 18
Braking: 5

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.5/2.0
Toe Angle: -0.20/-0.10
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 16.0/15.3
Dampers (Extension): 6/6
Dampers (Compression): 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/2

Brakes
6/7

The car has 550 PP, weighs 1368Kg with a 47/53 front/rear weight distribution, has 472 HP and produces 497ft-lb torque@3500 rpm with a 7500 rpm redline.

Notes: Max power is at 5500RPM, but the power limiter means it holds that power for a fair bit before dropping off, so the shifting point is entirely up to you.

Last edited:
Ford GT550 Mk. II

Let me tell you something…I've been waiting the best part of 2 years to get good enough at tuning to post a tune for the Ford GT. Of all the many, many cars in GT5, the Ford GT ranks very highly on my list of favourites. The '06 was my favourite version of all due to the countless victories and close races it brought to me on GT5P.

So, to cut a long, sentimental story short, here's a tune in tribute to that truly heroic car that I adored. The car is tuned to my heavy thumbs from the days of old, and aggressive driving is needed to wring the best out of it.

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Ford GT '06
Buy from: NCD
Paintjob: Tungsten black/white stripe
Wheels: --

Stage 3 weight reduction
Window weight reduction
Chassis Stiffening
Carbon hood (body colour)

FC transmission
FC LSD
Double disc clutch
Semi-racing flywheel
FC suspension

Tyres: Racing Soft

The Tune
Ballast amount: 198 @+49
Power limiter: 79.9%

LSD
Initial: 9
Accel: 15
Braking: 5

1)Set Final Gear to 3.000
2)Set Top Speed to 149mph
1st=5.160
2nd=3.580
3rd=2.730
4th=2.185
5th=1.799
6th=1.510
Should display an indicated top speed of 214 mph in upper right corner.

Suspension
Ride Height: 2\3
Spring rate: 11.0\13.2
Dampers (extension): 8\9
Dampers (compression): 7\6
Anti-roll bars: 3\2
Camber angle: 2.4\2.3
Toe angle: -0.05\-0.10

Brakes
Brake balance: 7\6

Notes:
The car has 550PP, weighs 1401 kg, has a 40/60 front/rear weight distribution, has 462hp and produces 526lb-ft torque@4000rpm and a 7500 rpm redline.

Last edited:
Ford GT550 Test Type

This is the GT550 Test Type. As the name suggests, it's the test version of the GT550 Mk.II. Why release it then? Well, it's a bit quicker on the straights and just…feels so much more alive. And for a final thing to keep in mind, it's been signed off by the Brazilian tuning master Praiano himself as being "Top 5 550PP R3 tires for sure". Whether he was just being nice or not, I'll leave for you to find out.

Source and Parts
Based on: Ford GT '02
Buy from: UCD
Paintjob: AMG Grau Magno
Wheels: BB-S RE-MG

Stage 1 weight reduction
Chassis Stiffening

Sports ECU

FC transmission
FC suspension
FC LSD
Double disc clutch
Semi-racing flywheel

Tyres: Racing soft

The Tune
Ballast amount: 87 kg @ +50
Power level: 95.0%

LSD
Initial: 9
Accel: 13
Braking: 7

1)Set to 137
1st=4.840
2nd=3.327
3rd=2.655
4th=2.154
5th=1.769
6th=1.493
Should display an indicated top speed of 223 mph in upper right corner.

Suspension
Ride Height: 1\3
Spring rate: 10.2\14.5
Dampers (extension): 7\7
Dampers (Compression): 7\7
Anti-roll bars: 3\1
Camber angle: 2.0\2.6
Toe angle: -0.05\0.05

Brakes
Brake balance: 7\6

The car has 550PP, weighs 1421kg, has a 40/60 front/rear weight distribution, has 482hp and produces 490lb-ft of torque@3700rpm with a 7700rpm redline.

Last edited:
The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes "Mini Cooper S ‘02”

ToscanaTarmac_5.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: used car dealer
Paintjob: grey
Wheels: Aftermarket
aero : none
Weight Reduction: stage 2
Window Weight Reduction: yes
Carbon Hood: no
Chassis reinforcement: no