Wallbanger's Ring Masters Challenge (7/21/11, new challenge 10/17/11)

Could be interesting. I'm thinking my RUF BTR could do it on RS Tyres since fully tuned it has 700BHP and weighs around 1100kg, with no front downforce and 20 rear downforce. Though the car is insane to drive, so it'll take some serious driving!

Last edited:
I tried a few, R8 was the quickest at 6:13, Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo was 6:15, Lambo 670 was around the same.

McLaren F1 - 5:59.241 - This car is absolutely crazy, unreal how quick this car moves, truly LMP quick. It's exactly like driving a low-downforce LMP car.

I tried a few, R8 was the quickest at 6:13, Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo was 6:15, Lambo 670 was around the same.

McLaren F1 - 5:59.241 - This car is absolutely crazy, unreal how quick this car moves, truly LMP quick. It's exactly like driving a low-downforce LMP car.
Sounds good. So should I adjust the challenge slightly to make it more attainable with different cars, say 6:15 as a target?
Also can you provide a screen shot of your time, as with the other challenges so I can add you to the Masters list under the new category.:)👍👍

McLaren F1 '94
nrburgringnordschleifefi.jpg

Tuned at Nurburgring Nordschliefe Offline.

864HP - 970KG - 673PP - RS Tires

Aero:
Suspension:​
20/65
1 / 5​
Gears:
12.8 / 13.8
5 / 5​
Top Speed 149mph
5 / 5​
1 / 1​
Camber / Toe:​
2.2 / 1.2​
0.00 / +0.15​
Brakes:​
7 / 6​
Final: 2.000
ABS: 1​
LSD:

9 / 13 / 5

Here's a replay, since I can't make a video, maybe someone else can?
Tune soon.

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL001.zip
    882 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Good day,

I took notice of this challenge (E @ 6:00 ~6:15 )the other day, and decided to try it out.

I wasn't clear however, which track configuration it was, for your OP logo shows the 24H track layout, then I noticed many replays and screenshots showing only the Northern Loop.

ok,

then I discovered practice mode! (I've been doing seasonals for wayyyy too long) and to my surprise, the car handles like nothing I've been used to (way more difficult to handle in practice mode)

this is practice mode, correct? not arcade mode? what are the differences between the two modes? what are your grip reduction settings for these challenges?

have a great day.

p.s so far tried a Lambo Gallardo and it wasn't stable enough for me at the high speed bends, it understeered into the grass like a skipping stone. (then I set dampers to very low, and magic happened, I just need to finish a race without crashing someplace)

Good day,

I took notice of this challenge (E @ 6:00 ~6:15 )the other day, and decided to try it out.

I wasn't clear however, which track configuration it was, for your OP logo shows the 24H track layout, then I noticed many replays and screenshots showing only the Northern Loop.

ok,

then I discovered practice mode! (I've been doing seasonals for wayyyy too long) and to my surprise, the car handles like nothing I've been used to (way more difficult to handle in practice mode)

this is practice mode, correct? not arcade mode? what are the differences between the two modes? what are your grip reduction settings for these challenges?

have a great day.

p.s so far tried a Lambo Gallardo and it wasn't stable enough for me at the high speed bends, it understeered into the grass like a skipping stone. (then I set dampers to very low, and magic happened, I just need to finish a race without crashing someplace)
Yes its run in practice mode. Sorry for the confusion on track, hadn't noticed that Dragonthing had used the 24 hour layout on the logo she made for us, but yes it's the Nordschleife track not the 24 hour circuit we're using for the challenge.
Your choice on grip reduction. (As long as you stay on the track it doesn't matter. :lol:)
I may be changing the target time for the latest category to allow more cars to be competitive with great driving and giving those of us with less alien levels of driving skills a shot with the top car or two.

Looking forward to seeing your times, glad you've found us and hope you'll check out some of the other events we have going on as well. Here's a link to Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers where you can see the various upcoming and ongoing events we have, and find links to those events.👍👍

McLaren F1 '94
nrburgringnordschleifefi.jpg

Tuned at Nurburgring Nordschliefe Offline.

864HP - 970KG - 673PP - RS Tires

Aero:
Suspension:​
20/65
1 / 5​
Gears:
12.8 / 13.8
5 / 5​
Top Speed 149mph
5 / 5​
1 / 1​
Camber / Toe:​
2.2 / 1.2​
0.00 / +0.15​
Brakes:​
7 / 6​
Final: 2.000
ABS: 1​

Here's a replay, since I can't make a video, maybe someone else can?
Tune soon.

What about the LSD settings? or should I leave that stock?

Hi
First off, great forum, great challenges 👍

Been lurking around for a little while, but just registred.

Just had to try the 100 hp challenge, so i fiddled around with the Caterham and please arrest me if i'm doing something wrong ;)
I used Praiano's method to present the setup, other than that my imagination hehe

CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

power 100 hp (limit to 64.1 % or til you get to 100bhp)
weight 369 kg

Downforce 00/00

LSD Rear 05/45/07

Ride Height -03/-04

Spring Rate 7.0/4.8
Extension 1/2
Compression 1/2
Anti-roll bars 4/3
Camber 0.6/1.0
Toe +0.00/-0.01

Brake Balance 3/2

tires R3/R3

added stuff:
Fully custum trasmission
twin plate clutch
flywheel semi-racing
LSD
carbon propeller shaft
suspension fully custom

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 2.608 (217 km/h)
3- Select top speed at 180 km/h
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 5676
2: 4295
3: 3543
4: 2954
5: 2515
6: 2178

Time at The Ring with this setup (no aid except abs:1) was 7:58.313.
I'm not a skilled driver so better drivers will get better times (i use a controller)
This setup is pretty safe, but it will bite you if you don't pay attention.
I'll try to figure out how to take some screenshots for confirmation, but no luck so far.

Cheers

edit:
tried with phone and the replay, didn't manage to hit the finish line precisely, but pretty close

2vbn2wi.jpg

1golf8.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Planet and the tuning forum in particular.👍👍
Glad your enjoying the challenge and hope you will join in more of the F.I.T.T. sponsored events we have. Of course your always welcome to continue here with the Ring Masters Challenge.:D

New challenge added.

F) Any 550PP road car able to beat a time online of 6:35.000 (Special rules; No race cars or race modified cars. Tuner cars are allowed provided they are classified as road cars and not custom competition cars. This challenge must be completed in an online lobby so a second person must witness and verify the lap to certify the time.)

New challenge added.

F) Any 550PP road car able to beat a time online of 6:35.000 (Special rules; No race cars or race modified cars. Tuner cars are allowed provided they are classified as road cars and not custom competition cars. This challenge must be completed in an online lobby so a second person must witness and verify the lap to certify the time.)

Some important things are missing here.

Grip setting , Tyre/Fuel depletion on or off , Flying Lap or Gridstart , Driving Aids settings , Power Limiter use: yes or no (if yes , how much?) same with Ballast settings.

raVer

Some important things are missing here.

Grip setting , Tyre/Fuel depletion on or off , Flying Lap or Gridstart , Driving Aids settings , Power Limiter use: yes or no (if yes , how much?) same with Ballast settings.

raVer

Actually they are not missing. Driving aids allowed are listed in the OP (ABS1 and driving line only). The other things are wide open unless specified by either the standard rules or the special rules of the challenge.

CHeNoN started a thread and I offered to add it as a challenge here. If CHeNoN gives more restrictions then they will be added.

I asked because I did a lap with Gridstart , T/F depletion on , Grip-real , Power Limiter at 100% , added some weight and drove only with ABS 1.

edit:
And I assume it´s with RS tyres.

raVer

The LFA can do this offline ,first try with basic tune, let's go online tomorow i'll have the time to fix some things. Now 3 AM , i wake up 7 am:ouch: need to slee, good night everybody.

sany0073l.jpg

I just completed a 6:36.8xx lap in an online race with my 550pp RX7 I know I can complete this challenge in that car will tr tomorrow or Tuesday.

C) Classic American Musclecar able to beat a time of 7:15.000 (Special restrictions; Pre '80, no Race Cars or RMed cars, Sports Medium tires maximum allowed.)

I thought I had a tune to enter for this but I did my lap with racing soft...

Maybe with the correct tyres I still can make it, my lap was fast enough by some margin.

Edit: No sorry, I will not make the required time with this old corvette.

Last edited:
I thought I had a tune to enter for this but I did my lap with racing soft...

Maybe with the correct tyres I still can make it, my lap was fast enough by some margin.

Edit: No sorry, I will not make the required time with this old corvette.
Think the '69 convertible might do it with a good tune and skilled driving but would probably be close.

New challenge added.

Offline time , but the car can do this easy online too.
Alfa romeo 8C Competizione 550PP.

]

C) Classic American Musclecar able to beat a time of 7:15.000 (Special restrictions; Pre '80, no Race Cars or RMed cars, Sports Medium tires maximum allowed.)

I did it!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
7:13.668 ford mustang mach1 '71
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

IMG_0298.jpg

Ride Height: -7 / -7
Spring Rate: 6.8 / 7.2
Extension: 7 / 8
Compression: 7 / 8
Anti-roll: 5 / 5
Camber: -1.7 / -1.4
Toe: 0.10 / 0.32

Differential: 33, 19, 11.
Aerodynamics: 0 / 18
Brakes: 7 / 6
Ballast: 41 (44)
Engine: 100%

1st: 1.500
2nd: 1.100
3rd: 0.800
4th: 0.600
5th: 0.470
Final: 4.400
Max: 350km/h

Last edited:
I completed the challenge, can I be listed on first post please and recieve my prize?
Sorry for not catching this sooner.:dunce:

I've listed you now, congratulations.👍👍

Just let me know what car you want and I'll send it ASAP. Also let me know if you want that car tuned or another tune from me.:gtpflag:

I did this again: Grand Touring Garage 1970 Ford Mustang Trans - Cammer 7:14.858

762 Horsepower
1470 Kilograms
586 Performance Points

Ride Height: -17 / -13
Spring Rate: 14.1 / 12.8
Extension: 5 / 4
Compression: 7 / 6
Anti-roll: 4 / 4
Camber: -3.1 / -2.7
Toe: 0.06 / 0.28

Differential: 31, 44, 21.
Aerodynamics: --
Brakes: 8 / 6
Ballast: --
Engine: 100%

1st: 2.149
2nd: 1.590
3rd: 1.271
4th: 1.008
5th: 0.758
Final: 3.366
Max: 220km/h

This car is much easier to drive than my mach1 tune. I can provide proof of my time if necessary.

Latest Posts

Back