War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Well for some reason you're not showing up on my friends list. Let me restart and try again.

Edit: Well that didn't do anything to help.

Ki-10 doesn't seem to have good maneuverability or guns on it in stock form. I thought the Vickers machine guns were average, but these make the Vickers look great.

Edit: Definitely better when upgraded.

Last edited:
New event involving float planes today. It isn't too bad actually.

Edit: Anyone up for some Tier II German tank battles? I could use someone to team up with.

Last edited:
Don't be too concerned with that double post. You posted news on the game and it had been over 24 hours since the last post.

Starting to learn to pick battles with planes instead of just trying to go at the first thing I see coming at me. Been more successful at picking off bombers/noobs who think the runways can be captured like Domination. Almost halfway through upgrade tree with the Mitsu F1M2 after 3 matches.

Don't be too concerned with that double post. You posted news on the game and it had been over 24 hours since the last post.

Starting to learn to pick battles with planes instead of just trying to go at the first thing I see coming at me. Been more successful at picking off bombers/noobs who think the runways can be captured like Domination. Almost halfway through upgrade tree with the Mitsu F1M2 after 3 matches.
Yes. Always go high no matter what the game mode is. Even in arcade it means you can select your target.

I never go high, it just mean you'll die alone after most of the team dives on the first spotted target below.. so, I stay low and usually am last person standing in our team.. AND number one, just by killing ground targets.

I never go high, it just mean you'll die alone after most of the team dives on the first spotted target below.. so, I stay low and usually am last person standing in our team.. AND number one, just by killing ground targets.
Wait then. Don't dive with the rest of the team and select someone who is also away from the pack. Pick them off and then evaluate your choices again.

Last edited:
^ This. I usually manage to do well by going high, keeping altitude and picking off targets that stray away from the furball. The worst thing you can do is to actually become part of the furball. Because if you do, it all depends on dumb luck whether you get shot down or not.

I can't even play until it updates, and it's going to take 5 hours because of how slow my internet is. 4.5GB of updating to do on PS4. 9.50GB total, but it started around 5GB so I guess it checks overall content in the game before updating.

Haven't flown anything yet, but I don't think I have access to any planes that had changes done to them, so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 1.43 and 1.45.

Been playing with the tanks though. Considering I hadn't touched them in 2 months, I had lots of success with the US tanks. Probably more kills in the 90 minutes I played just now compared to anything I had done before on the ground.

Finally found what the task is.

The first task goal is to gain “Silver Stars”. Gaining one is easy - just achieve 5 victories in a day (either in aircraft or ground vehicles). The victories should be gained while playing vehicles of Rank II or higher, with a battle activity of not less than 50%. You can gain your first Star right now!

FW190 A1 handles like a pig.

Edit: I'm not going to try for that daily task nonsense.

Edit2: Wow.. the 190 A1 has a 3.7 BR. In comparison, the BF 109 E-1 has a BR of 1.7. That could be why I was in matches with much higher ranked planes.

Last edited:
Had a rather satisfying kill on a tank earlier. Hit it in the main cannon, and when it tried returning fire, it blew up due to the cannon breach being damaged. Caught me by surprise since I hadn't hit any fuel tanks or the ammo inside of it.

Had a rather satisfying kill on a tank earlier. Hit it in the main cannon, and when it tried returning fire, it blew up due to the cannon breach being damaged. Caught me by surprise since I hadn't hit any fuel tanks or the ammo inside of it.
Yeh that happens. Think about it though. The shell is shot forward by explosive in the first place. Damage is going to result in said explosion blowing back into the tank.

That was the first time I've managed a kill like that, but I hadn't used tanks as much as I have since the US tanks came out.

Also, is BR dynamic? The other day I mentioned my FW190 a1 being a 3.7, but it's a 3.3 now...

Back