War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Welp.. Maybe i need to start playing more :lol:
It takes quite some times, yes, but that also depends on how you play. I know there's a bunch of people who'd disagree with me on this, but from my experience, Arcade does help levelling stuff. Sure, you get the multipliers in RB, so every kill is worth more... However, you've got so much more targets to shoot down in Arcade, it's far easier to accumulate RP and Lions in that mode than in any other. Getting two or three kills in RB can be considered a pretty good match, I'd say (best I've ever managed was four kills without losing my plane) - and getting four times that many kills in Arcade is actually easier.

I just researched and unlocked the PBJ-1H, for example, and that only took four or five matches. On a premium account, that is.

Still, the best way to play is whatever is fun to you, of course :)

I'm currently grinding Japanese tech tree in order to get the lovely J7W1 to match the XP-55.. and some german stuff in order to get the flawed but awesome looking HO-229. Or would if the tabletop would work consistently.

We probably should have been adding each other to our in-game lists months ago. :lol:

I'm *GTPorsche in the game.. not sure if the * is required to find me though.

Spawn in T34-41 for first time.
M3 Lee begins shooting me after driving into me... takes out my cannon making my tank useless.
I push it in the side and force him into turning in circles.. no damage done though. This is strategic trolling.
Enemy manages to line him up when the rear is vulnerable and sets him on fire.
I drive off. :lol:

Haven't played in a few days. Currently using the plane from the PS PLUS starter pack. And the starter tank. I also have the most basic bomber.

I just bought like 3$ Worth = 500 of Gold Eagles to buy 2 planes :lol:
👍

War Thunder is one of those few F2P games that deserves a few bucks every once in a while, I think. Getting a few days of premium is also a huge boost - if you can play a lot during that time, of course.

👍

War Thunder is one of those few F2P games that deserves a few bucks every once in a while, I think. Getting a few days of premium is also a huge boost - if you can play a lot during that time, of course.

Bought the P38G-1, and the P39N-0

edit: anyone playing this on gamepad/ pc?

Last edited:
They're just making the US tank tree to be pain in the ass.. They already suffer from thin armor, do they really need to make them toothless as well?

X360 controller is the way to go.

Also anyone online? Still trying to play T3 German and T2 U.S tanks.

Its not controller related.. Just it felt funny. and a pain to fly lol. I feel so much more accurate with my mouse :3

Its not controller related.. Just it felt funny. and a pain to fly lol. I feel so much more accurate with my mouse :3
Meh. I guess it's just personal preference (and the fact that I play on a laptop so a keyboard is not an option).

Another good day.. Man, do I love the KingCobra.. :D and no, I did not get shot down, Yer-2's tailgunner just managed to hit me while I was busy setting his plane on fire. :lol:

shot 2015.01.28 16.44.46.jpg

Ugh.. M4A3 (105) is utter rubbish.. what is the point of big gun if there's no accuracy nor penetration?!
Nothing like having a howitzer tank that shoots spitballs by default.

Especially when the German and Russian tanks of the same BR send canisters of death at everything with every shot.

Can finally take part in that bonus simulator event.

With the 6/2. No idea of the travel speed of the flak so I'm only able to hit things coming right at me. Probably should have practiced with it first in realistic. :banghead:

48 hours left on the bonus sim event as of this post.

Edit:
B8iPHkNIYAAI-87.jpg:large

That was 3 IL-2 kills. None of which were heading straight at me. :D

...although they were flying extremely slowly... :indiff:

Last edited:
Back